• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#16 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:33 PM

You mean this Fefe?

Yeah, this is REALLY gonna suck for the next few days for the aftermath. Tragic how mother nature works.

EDIT: For some reason the video isn't showing up on my end on the forums. Here's a direct link if it's the same for you: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9SWq3kJlVOk

#17 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:51 PM

I heard. It's just terrible. The pictures I saw of homes being wiped away by the waves was just horrific. And the many people who died...

#18 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

I have no idea if that's actually the video I'm looking for, I never saw it, I just heard about it. Thanks for finding that!

#19 chris100100

chris100100

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:19 PM

With the terrible news of an earthquake and subsequent tsunami in Japan this morning, my thoughts are with the victims and their families. Is this more evidence of "Global Weirding?

TOKYO A magnitude 8.9 earthquake slammed Japan's northeastern coast Friday, unleashing a 13-foot tsunami that swept boats, cars, buildings and tons of debris miles inland and prompting a "nuclear emergency."

At least 40 people were killed and there were reports of several injuries in Tokyo, hundreds of miles away, where buildings shook violently through the main quake and the series of massive aftershocks that followed.

IPB Image

Also the recent earthquakes that have pounded Japan, New Zealand and Chile all have one thing in common: They were caused by the movement of a massive piece of Earth known as the Pacific Plate.

The Pacific Plate is one of nine giant tectonic plates that cover the Earth’s surface. But it’s bigger, faster and more deadly than the others. And Japan sits right on top of the most active section.

Also not too sure about this one but apparantly nasa said because of this the earth is going to be speeding up 1.63 millionths of a second for a while or something like that.

Man,Poor Japan though. I am glad that people from the U.S. and Canada are going in the middle of the dangerss to try and save people who are hurt and trapped.

I do not know if there is goign to be a Japan anymore soon if this goes on...

Any thoughts about this? icon_cry.gif

#20 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:29 PM

I heard about this earlier, but the tsunami was 30 feet tall not 13

#21 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:31 PM

1.63 millionths of a second

HOLY CRAP THAT'S FAST! [/sarcasm]

I don't think "Global Weirding" has anything to do with it. Earthquakes and the like haven't been on the rise, our news coverage has just gotten better so we're more aware of it now.

Japan has always been earthquake/tsunami prone (tsunami is a Japanese word) due to their geographic location, so while there will no doubt be significant damage Tokyo would have been built to survive such disasters much better than other cities.

#22 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:45 PM

If anything, the situation with the nuclear reactors is the critical point here.

#23 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:34 AM

http://www.purezc.co...o...c=49122&hl=

Surely these two threads can be one

#24 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE(Old-skool @ Mar 11 2011, 11:34 PM) View Post

http://www.purezc.co...o...c=49122&hl=

Surely these two threads can be one
Right you are.

(I merged the second topic on the earthquake into this one, so if there's any topic-weirdness that you find strange, this is why.)

#25 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:31 AM

I HAVEN'T READ ALL OF THE THREAD YET BUT I HAVE NEWS!!:

On March 11 2011, Shigeru Miyamoto has been found as one of the dead from the Tsunami

icon_frown.gif Yeah...

Information was false...

Edited by Midnight_King, 12 March 2011 - 02:26 AM.

#26 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE(Midnight_King @ Mar 12 2011, 12:31 AM) View Post

I HAVEN'T READ ALL OF THE THREAD YET BUT I HAVE NEWS!!:

On March 11 2011, Shigeru Miyamoto has been found as one of the dead from the Tsunami

icon_frown.gif Yeah...
[Citation Needed]

There have been a lot of quakes lately. Maybe it has something to do with the irregular climate changes? Well, best wishes to all!
That makes no sense, because plate tectonics are not a result of weather phenomena.

#27 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Mar 12 2011, 12:39 AM) View Post

[Source Needed]

Here is the source I got the news from.

#28 Sentai

Sentai

Junior

• Members

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:46 AM

From: Yasuko Miyamoto Date: 2011-03-11 Time: 21:38 UTC report as spam
E-mail: (click to view)
Telephone: (click to view)
He is not dead, he is alive and well.

A post from his wife on the Google Person Finder, Shigeru Miyamoto is alive.

http://japan.person-...er.appspot.com/ Search the person finder yourself, and use Google Translate to be able to navigate the finder better.

Edit: Hell there is a built in translator for English.

Edited by Sentai, 12 March 2011 - 01:47 AM.

#29 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:52 AM

This is getting confusing icon_wacky.gif. Anyways, I saw many clips/pictures of the damage of Japan-- I feeling pretty sorry right now icon_frown.gif hope everyone that's getting the best of it is okay and wish them with all my luck and hope.

#30 Sentai

Sentai

Junior

• Members

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:55 AM

Shigeru Miyamoto is alive. Is that less confusing?

Seriously... I am actually kinda mad right now, that's a horrible joke "oh yea he's dead" .... people need to shut up, its sad that people actually make jokes and try to benefit from a natural disaster like this.

X_X Sorry, I'm not saying anyone here tried to say he was dead, but looking on the People Finder a lot of people stated he was dead. If he is dead, his wife or Nintendo will make an announcement, until then (even if random people say otherwise) he's alive. Whats worse about it is that his wife HAS stated on the People Finder that he is alive, and some still go at it. Its a cruel joke that needs to end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users