Photo

Did you guys get any more snow this year?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#16 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Feb 9 2010, 10:50 AM) View Post

Not an inch. normally it snows a lot here, but it skipped directly from fall to spring her. Even the mountain I live by, which is a mile high and normally snow capped all winter hardly got any snow at all.

I want snow!

Come here and take mine! I don't want it! icon_razz.gif

It hasn't snowed recently, but we still have plenty here. >_> We've had I believe one or two snow days this year, so take that as you want.

#17 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE(Beta Link @ Feb 9 2010, 12:11 AM) View Post
I heard we're supposed to get as much as 18 inches here on Wednesday... And just a few days ago it flurried a bit.
Ditto to the T. I'm a few miles to the west of this awesome guy 'ere, and I think from what I saw on the Radar map, I may be situated in the epicenter of the storm. The southwestern coast of Long Island, New York, will be hit quite hard.

I was working in the hardware store today, and I literally couldn't unpack shovels fast enough. People were buying them at an incredible rate.

But something crosses my mind... we didn't get snow that long ago. Whatever happened to the shovels they had used then?

I'll tell you what they did with them. They sold them! Good lord, we've had people trying to return snow shovels that still had snow on them. Actual snow. Unmelted. Creating a puddle beneath the register desk. Their excuse? "The snow is too heavy," or "It's too cold out to shovel in this weather, so I'm going to shovel when it's warmer." Hilarious, because it's colder during the date of transaction than it was during the storm. You win a something.

QUOTE(Fefe)
Around here, that's like nothing! That's not even close to closing a school.
A location would be awesome, but I agree with you there. In New York, people here hare hardcore. We will barely close anything unless there's over two and a half feet of snow on the ground, unplowed. I've had to walk to school before in subzero weather and stepped in a snowdrift I thought was the sidewalk but turned out to be ... well, an honest to gosh snowdrift. Fell right in. Was fun.

Luckily, my college has canceled all classes tomorrow. So yay. Going back to work.

#18 Yapollo

Yapollo

To Discover

• Members

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:40 PM

Suprisingly, we have not had much snow where I am...we've had a few good storms, but it has been mostly clear. But I should say it is 2'' outside now, but if the storm comes off course, well...

#19 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Feb 9 2010, 06:43 PM) View Post

In New York, people here hare hardcore.

I'm from Massachusetts, since my school takes kids from 5 different towns, if any of them close, I get school off tomorrow! Yay!

BTW, Red Sox are better than the Yankees, and the Bruins are better than the Rangers!

Edited by FefeRawft, 09 February 2010 - 09:42 PM.

#20 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:47 PM

i got 5 feel of snow icon_lol.gif

#21 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:01 AM

We have almost a foot and everything is frozen over . and it's 5 o clock in the morning, and I'm going to attempt to drive on the unpaved roads and go to work which is about 8-10 minutes away. But yesterday it took me a half hour to get there haha... oh boy. Please pray I don't die. icon_mad.gif

#22 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:49 AM

God *****! I still got school, despite the snow. Its still snowing. Its been that way since Friday This makes me so angry I just wanna throw hammers!

#23 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:40 PM

Hammer Bro.??

I got dismissed from school at 10:43, tomorrow I have a half day. Vacation next week. It's been a great week for me!

#24 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:23 AM

It's snowing right now. It's supposed to be 4 inches or more.

#25 lightdestroyer

lightdestroyer

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:30 PM

We didn't have much snow in Canada. Maybe around 11 inches in my backyard.

Edited by lightdestroyer, 11 February 2010 - 12:30 PM.

#26 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:39 PM

School has been closed for two days. That means, my weekend started yesterday.

FIVE DAY WEEKEND FTW. (I don't have school on Fridays)

We had to get at least a foot and a half to close the school down for two days.

#27 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:20 PM

I live in ye ol' South Carolina. Ironically enough, unlike before, it's actually cold enough to snow. It was 27 degrees out today...which really sucked since it didn't snow. But if it even just flurries, the schools freak out and close down icon_razz.gif

#28 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:19 PM

Well, I was off from school yesterday due to snow, and there was a 2-hour delay this morning, though I stayed home because it's completely ridiculous, and we couldn't even get out the driveway. And I have all of next week off. Words cannot describe how awesome this is. icon_cool.gif

#29 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:57 PM

We're supposed to get another 4 to 8 inches on Monday. Also, our public school around here is closed tomorrow too.

#30 Skipper

Skipper

Magus

• Members

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:13 AM

We've been getting pounded with snow and overall cold weather. It's not as much as the east coast, thank god, but it's still a lot for us - the high so far has been up to eight inches or so.

I hate winter. ;_;

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users