• Members

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:46 PM

Thanks so much! You don't know how greatful I am icon_biggrin.gif

#167 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:56 PM

I hope you don't mind, Evile, but I took the liberty to upload the tileset to a more permanent location. If you want me to take this down, please let me know.

#168 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE(Sephiroth @ Jan 14 2011, 08:56 PM) View Post

I hope you don't mind, Evile, but I took the liberty to upload the tileset to a more permanent location. If you want me to take this down, please let me know.

just to let you know. the link is broken

#169 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE(Nightmeres @ Jan 14 2011, 08:01 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Sephiroth @ Jan 14 2011, 08:56 PM) View Post

just to let you know. the link is broken

Whoops. icon_redface.gif Uploaded with the wrong filename, fix'd.

#170 Giggidy

Giggidy

We live for chaos so that we may die for ourselves.

• Banned

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE(Evile @ Apr 3 2010, 06:17 PM) View Post
I recommend ripping in Linkus' dungeon tiles.

Sorry to thread jack, but which ones are these?

By the way, I couldn't help but notice a healthy amount of Gashin's old Hyrule Fantasy stuff in there. Did he have a change of heart and release it at some point?

Edited by Giggidy, 31 January 2011 - 02:35 AM.

#171 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:20 AM

I think he only released his tree tops, most of the other stuff is pretty much just inspired by his stuff and edited in a similar fashion.

#172 Giggidy

Giggidy

We live for chaos so that we may die for ourselves.

• Banned

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:34 AM

Really? Even the palms?

IPB Image

#173 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:07 AM

icon_odd2.gif

Hmm.. The picture above made me want to check out the tileset myself. I not only see Relic's palm tree has been ripped, but I then found some tiles that seem very familiar to me. On tilesheet page 87, you can see clearly some of my tiles were ripped into the tilesheet from a screenshot I posted in my QPF a while back. Here's the picture of my screenshot to prove my point:

IPB Image

And then here's the picture taken in the released MZC Tileset that shows that my tiles were ripped straight from a picture I posted:

http://img526.images...2/zelda001l.png

My tree trunks that I made to resemble Relic's HF trees were also ripped and recolored and can also be found in that picture. The water tiles were included as well. Seriously... What the hell?

#174 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:04 AM

If there's any dispute over the ownership of any tiles posted here, I'd encourage that it happen through personal message first. If it can't be resolved that way, the PureZC staff can act as arbitrators if it's necessary. In any case, the argument can't be carried out here.

#175 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:16 PM

Ah shoot, I had ripped those tiles only to have a look at them and accidentally left them in the tileset. I wasn't planning on releasing them or even using them for anything. Ok, I took the download link down, sorry for all this. I think I'm probably gonna disappear for a bit now before every one hates me more.
Sorry and good day to you.

#176 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:45 PM

Speaking of Hyrule Fantasy, is Relic ever going to come back to that project? Besides Sabotage Dragoon, Hyrule Fantasy is probably the most look foward'd to quest I saw.

If it's been more than 3 years since he worked on it, he really should release what he did so that people could learn/compound on his work, so it doesn't remain rotting on a computer.

#177 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE(Evile @ Feb 1 2011, 02:16 PM) View Post

Ah shoot, I had ripped those tiles only to have a look at them and accidentally left them in the tileset. I wasn't planning on releasing them or even using them for anything. Ok, I took the download link down, sorry for all this. I think I'm probably gonna disappear for a bit now before every one hates me more.

You didn't reply to my PM, so I guess I can continue the discussion through this topic. Now, there is a clear difference between just looking at certain tiles and actually ripping it completely in ZC format and then recoloring into your tileset palette. The question I have for you now is how removing the download helps, when several other people have already downloaded it and some even use it. Removing the download link simply just prevents anyone who hasn't downloaded it from doing so.

#178 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE(/M/ @ Feb 7 2011, 09:30 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Evile @ Feb 1 2011, 02:16 PM) View Post

You didn't reply to my PM, so I guess I can continue the discussion through this topic. Now, there is a clear difference between just looking at certain tiles and actually ripping it completely in ZC format and then recoloring into your tileset palette. The question I have for you now is how removing the download helps, when several other people have already downloaded it and some even use it. Removing the download link simply just prevents anyone who hasn't downloaded it from doing so.
First off, Ebola said earlier in this topic that this discussion should not continue here. I truthfully understand why you're not happy with this, I really really do, and as Ebola said, we'll glad to help in any way we can, as for example opening a "Conflict & Resolution" topic (with you two having access, as well as Staff) to help sort this out, if necessary.

But yeah, I understand completely your problems with this /M/, and it's very unfortunate that this happened. At least now we know they're your tiles, and if anyone were to use them, we'll mention it to them.

When I say we, I hope I'm speaking for everyone reading this topic. It'd be very nice if we could make it a group effort to make sure /M/'s graphics remain his, and his alone, unless he were to say otherwise.

#179 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:01 PM

When I say we, I hope I'm speaking for everyone reading this topic. It'd be very nice if we could make it a group effort to make sure /M/'s graphics remain his, and his alone, unless he were to say otherwise.

Actually, a great majority were ripped from Relic instead. I only had a few ripped. Anyways, I'll end the discussion.

#180 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:32 PM

I hate to bring this back form the dead (Again) but, the link to the tileset is broken again.
Anyone have a clean copy? icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users