Zelda Classic Video Toturials?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:48 AM

People are always asking for help, I'm wondering if a video tutorial on some of the things would be helpful?

#2 Linksasleepagain

Linksasleepagain

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:16 AM

A definite YES from me.
Actually,even an up to date written tutorial would be nice. icon_biggrin.gif

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:19 PM

Well, it depends on whether or not you want to move. icon_razz.gif I liked the How-To: Over-Under Bridges tutorial, playing it. Watching it wouldn't seem as fun to me. icon_unsettled.gif

Besides, when playing it, you can do it over and over again and get a more hands-on experience figuring it out. icon_wink.gif

#4 Hoten

Hoten

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:30 PM

If you mean playable tutorial quests, there are some subjects that can't be covered via that.

I think video tutorial would be more effective, it helps the lazy that don't wanna read a novel on palettes (icon_razz.gif) and it also gives step-by-step instructions that most tutorials don't have. Of course, you'd have to use a video editor and add text n' stuff to explain what's going on.

I say, go for it. if you are planning on doing this, may I suggest ripping tiles as your first video?

Edited by Hoten, 03 August 2007 - 01:31 PM.

#5 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:01 PM

I didn't say I would, but I may do so...

#6 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:05 PM

Hey, if you show us how, I'm sure someone would do it. icon_shrug.gif

I found This (Register to view links, and possibly images. Dunno. Do what you'd like; I don't own the forum. icon_razz.gif ) as a little tutorial on how to record videos on your computer. Could be interesting.

#7 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:08 PM

I'm kinda mixed. A video tutorial is pretty linear, and you wouldn't be able to just skip over parts. I like written tutorials, because I can pick out the parts I need and to heck with the rest.

#8 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Aug 3 2007, 06:08 PM) View Post

A video tutorial is pretty linear, and you wouldn't be able to just skip over parts.

Actually, you can skip over parts with a video, if you use the little bar on the video. icon_naughty.gif

It's the ZQuest compatible tutorials that you can't skip anything...

... unless you mean skipping some of the demonstrations on Teilyr's bridge one, in which case, U PH41L. icon_heh.gif

#9 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Aug 3 2007, 06:24 PM) View Post

Actually, you can skip over parts with a video, if you use the little bar on the video. icon_naughty.gif

It's the ZQuest compatible tutorials that you can't skip anything...

... unless you mean skipping some of the demonstrations on Teilyr's bridge one, in which case, U PH41L. icon_heh.gif
Yeah, but I don't know what I'm skippiong for the most part.

#10 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:16 AM

I say tutorial quests are the best answer. icon_shrug.gif That way you can open it up and look at how it was all done. Videos just don't let you have that added freedom. Written tutorials are also super useful too though. icon_wink.gif

#11 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:51 AM

Tutorial quests are a good choice, but come on! A video tutorial would be the most clear and helpful tool to teach people how ZC works. No words needed, no readmes no anything. Just watch the video and repeat after it. icon_smile.gif It's so easy to make videos these days and put them up on the net on a site like Youtube so this is a great idea.

#12 Sacred Nym

Sacred Nym

Wizard

• Members

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:39 AM

Do it. If people want a written tutorial there are those too. But I'd have loved to have had avideo to work with when I started out.

EDIT: lol spelling

Edited by Sacred Nym, 04 August 2007 - 09:44 AM.

#13 wsuraider88

wsuraider88

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:55 AM

I agree that there should be a video on how to do Zelda Classic. icon_smile.gif Everyone has to use YouTube these days, right? So why not, it might attract some more people to Zelda Classic?

#14 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:52 AM

the problem is that a video on using ZQuest would be quite large and strenuous on a dial-up user. Most people go for ZC because its small and so are the quests...

#15 Sacred Nym

Sacred Nym

Wizard

• Members

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

There are still people on dial-up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users