Help with The Islands of Zelda

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#181 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:43 AM

What is the maze path in the mist cave? I have the lens and magic sword.

It's not a maze path.  The lens reveals an arrow telling you which way to go.  So simply follow the arrows until you get to the end

#182 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:40 PM

Thanks for covering for me, pixcalibur.  For some reason, I was not "Follow"-ing this thread anymore; not sure why, because I wouldn't have unfollowed this thread willingly.   :-/   :shrug:

What is the maze path in the mist cave? I have the lens and magic sword.

Yeah, it doesn't utilize the "Maze Path" functionality that we ZC questmakers are familiar with; it only simulates it with scroll-warps!

Like pixcalibur said, use the Lens in the middle of each screen to reveal an arrow pointing the correct direction to go.

Edited by Lightwulf, 13 July 2015 - 05:42 PM.

#183 linkismyhero

linkismyhero

Senior

• Members

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:13 AM

I have 2 keys in level 8 and I have been to floor 8 and I have the fire boomerang. I also have boss key the map I bought and I found the compass. I have no idea in hell where I use they 2 keys. Is in the cave entrance the middle entrance or the first entrance to level 8. I talked to some goryia looking dude at the top of level 8 and he told me fall down from floor 5 to a new room. The only new room I found had 50 rupees and some enemies to kill. I could have sworn I used the lens in that room and found nothing. Also there is some big white block looking on floor 6 on the way to floor7. Is there some hidden entrance downward in that room? I can not fall down the 2 little holes at the bottom of the room.

So basically where do I use these 2 keys?

• Lightwulf likes this

#184 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:16 AM

Sounds like you're doing good! :)

The cave entrance? Technically, that's the third entrance to level 8, the first being through the house portion and the second through the holographic soldier's door.  But, yeah, that is the most important entrance since you can't explore much of the lighthouse/dungeon without going through that way; once you step on the permanent trigger, though, you can use the holographic soldier's door to access that portion of the level any time.

The Goriya's hint is about 2 ways that you can fall down to a previous level.  One way has the 50-rupee item (yeah, there are no other secrets in that room), the other way has the boss key (both of which it appears you've already found).  The holes in the floor 6 room you mentioned are blocked off and cannot be traveled through; you used the room below on floor 5 to find the only secrets there.

If you have 2 keys, you just need one more to reach the top (unless you used one on the 7th floor already).  One of the keys you use on the 7th floor to reach the 8th (outside) floor, and you use 2 more keys to unlock chain locks on the 8th floor itself.  The last lock is boss-lock, so use the boss key and you can enter the light chamber where the Triforce piece is held.  8)  (If you're missing the third key, try slashing all the broken barrels on all the screens on floor 7; also, there's a separate stairway that leads down to a previously-unreachable key on the 6th floor.)

Hope this helps. :)

#185 linkismyhero

linkismyhero

Senior

• Members

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:56 AM

Honestly level 8 is such a mess in its structure (but also brilliant). I think I only saw 1 hole to fall down on floor 5. I seem to keep running around in circles. I am sure I will figure it out eventually. I did leave level 8 and went and got the magic wand. How do I get the din fire? I found the mystic cave room and talked to the 2 people and got to the room that has the din fire (or whatever its called) but I could not reach it. There was some object staying in my way and I have no idea what I am suppose to use on it I tried everything.

On floor 5 I just go in circles. There is 9 rooms and the map is a square shape. I see only 1 room to fall down into and that is where I got the 50 coins. 

Edited by linkismyhero, 14 July 2015 - 06:20 AM.

#186 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:04 AM

Hmm...  Well, FYI, you don't need to fall down any holes any more if you have the boss key and the rupees, so don't bother.  To find the 3 keys, there are 2 found on floor 7, and one is reachable by some stairs going down that are different than the ones you took up to get to floor 7.  They're all reachable from floor 7, so you needn't look on any lower floor (unless you found & used the boss key early and bypassed some lock blocks or locked doors, that is).

To get Din's Fire, you need the Magic Book hidden in Forest Island Cove (that water cave southeast of Forest Island).  Use wand fire on the amulet in the storage room in the Mystic Cave to break its seal and reveal the Din's Fire spell.

I've already given hints in this thread as to where the Magic Book is, but if you're still stuck, let me know.

Edit:

Wait a minute, you have 2 keys and have been to floor 8?  You're practically done!  (You already used 1 of the 3 keys on floor 7.)  Go back to floor 8 and use the keys on the locks holding the chains together.  You're further than you think!!! :)

Edited by Lightwulf, 14 July 2015 - 07:06 AM.

#187 linkismyhero

linkismyhero

Senior

• Members

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:44 AM

Stupid me do to the layout I did not realize those were locks. I am use to standard doors. That really threw me off. There is 1 key in that dungeon that I never got that I could view but I could never reach it.

#188 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:15 PM

Do you have a picture of that's key's spot?  All keys should be obtainable.

#189 linkismyhero

linkismyhero

Senior

• Members

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:07 AM

I had never found the room with the amulet until I went back and did some more exploring. On that way I found the key that I was previously unable to obtain. I am now in level 9 with the third sword (magic or master I do not know which it is called in this quest). Does level 9 have more than 2 entrances?

I came to level 9 with 1 key and now have 2 keys. I entered the second level 9 entrance. 

http://www.imagebam....73f1e1422077677

That door will not open for me.

Edited by linkismyhero, 15 July 2015 - 07:59 AM.

• Lightwulf likes this

#190 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:21 PM

That is a boss door, not a regular locked door.  You should be working your way to the basement part to get to the boss key

Level 9 only has 2 entrances

• Lightwulf likes this

#191 linkismyhero

linkismyhero

Senior

• Members

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:44 AM

I only found the basement to get a superbomb.

http://www.imagebam....bddbbf422283956

I have seen no other way to the basement. That is all the rooms I have been at on the first floor. I feel like I am just going in circles.

#192 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:57 AM

The secret is in the eye. ;)  Seriously.

Have you played the original Zelda?  There's a room above the eye that has two columns of blocks, preventing one from progressing if approached from the side.  You have to bomb from above, but to do that, you have to use the hammer.

#193 linkismyhero

linkismyhero

Senior

• Members

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:53 PM

The lens did not tell me to hammer. I trust the lens more than I should I suppose. And yes I played the original zelda first and 2nd quest many times.

#194 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:02 PM

The lens does reveal which statue to focus on. It's just a matter of trying different items (e.g. Hammer) since you know something is there
  • Lightwulf likes this

#195 linkismyhero

linkismyhero

Senior

• Members

Posted 16 July 2015 - 02:47 PM

Yes in retrospect it is obvious now. I am use to the lens spelling it out for me. I got the water room in B1 in the water and can not find a way to use the wand. There is no way to use the wand in the water room. It might be a diff room I am supposed to use the wand on. I am again stuck. I do have the boss key for level 9 now at least.. I am looking for the magic key and the gold arrrow. I think I need to get past the water room from being inside the water to land in that room. Perhaps I am wrong?

I got a key from a room where I had to reflect stuff and am now headed in the correct direction. Good for me.

Edited by linkismyhero, 16 July 2015 - 03:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users