#1 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 26 January 2007 - 05:41 AM

IPB Image
New link in the works

No its not complete.

Basicly Radien has a New BS link within his arsonal for the BS Zelda tileset. Now, obviously I have no patience. I wanted that one, hah. Instead of waiting, I drew my own based on the BS and Classic Link. Yes they are in 8 bit mode. No I won't keep them that way.

Now I'm gonna recolor it to the BS set

This Link will be drawn for full rotation. His left and right walking sprites will not be the same. The only reason it is now because I don't have the shields on yet icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyhoo... Sorry for ripping off your idea, Radien

Edited by Master_of_Power, 26 January 2007 - 07:04 AM.

#2 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 26 January 2007 - 06:24 AM

Not bad, but I can't say I'm very fond of the way you shade things. For example, look at Link's hat. It doesn't appear to have the proper shape; the shade just gets darker from top-left to bottom-right. Try to imagine a real object, and picture where there would be shadows and where light would show.

#3 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 26 January 2007 - 06:25 AM

everyone hates my shading icon_razz.gif

these are temporary, I plan on recoloring it anyway. icon_shrug.gif

#4 Dart Zaidyer

Dart Zaidyer

Mystic Beard of Truth

• Members

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:30 AM

He's noticably stiff. It looks like he has a metal bar for a spine, especially from the back.

Knowing how animation works is a requirement for designing Link sprites. Even at these small sizes, it's important to remember that the body moves in very loose ways, and the sprites have to reflect that.

Here's the new BS Link, for comparison:
IPB Image
Incomplete, of course, but to be perfectly honest, the secret is to just take the default BS kid and turn him into Link using the Zelda 1 sprites as a reference.

#5 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:22 PM

MoP, typically, when you bring your arm up to swing something, it usually goes in front of your face, so you don't whack your ear or something (Referring to the hammering sprite going down)

#6 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:07 PM

the secret is to just take the default BS kid and turn him into Link using the Zelda 1 sprites as a reference.

That is quite obvious. I figured that out the second I looked at the Link sprite. Though I dislike how it looks, it is much better than the default BS-Link. Good job.

#7 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:20 PM

I hate that you do the hair with a similar color to his skin color. Why not just make it brown? It would make my life easier... I hate editting palettes, frankly, I suck at it.

#8 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:51 PM

well, I don't know how to draw it, I could use some tips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users