Wind and Ice Medallion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:08 AM

I've heard that there were the remnants of an ice medallion and a wind medallion left on the Ocarina of Time cartridge that some people found using code devices much later. However, I'm not sure whether the images for these were included on the cartridge, or just the text referring to them.

If anyone has seen screenshots of these emblems, could they point me to them? Crappy quality is okay if you can still make out the shape. I would like to draw some tiles based on them, but I don't know where to start.

If these images don't exist (quite possible from what I know), any related info you might have would be welcome. Like, for instance, whether Wind Waker had emblems for its Wind and Earth temples.

If not, I guess I'm on my own. icon_razz.gif

#2 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE(some random website I found)

Explanation/Speculation: After some careful consideration and research, we've revised our theory on the Wind Medallion. It appears that all of the medallions in Ocarina of Time had different names at one point, but were later changed to their more suitable counterparts. The Wind Medallion was changed to none other than the Forest Medallion (which explains the strange symbol you see on the medallion itself). Why they made this change, we're not sure, but it may have been because they found it easier to have a temple in the forest rather than in the wind (on a cloud, maybe...?).

So in essence the Forest medalion is the Wind medalion. And I figure the Water medalion is actually the Ice medallion. The symbol on the water medallion seems to be that of a snow flake.

I wonder what it would have been like if there was a Temple in the Sky and the Ice Cavern was actually a dungeon?

Edited by Master_of_Power, 24 January 2007 - 01:48 PM.

#3 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:53 PM

Huh, that's funny.... I didn't expect to be able to use my original plan and still be true the original game, which was to copy and flip the Forest Medallion and the Water medallion and recolor them.

Well, if that's all there is to say about it, that's what I'll do. icon_smile.gif Might alter them somewhat, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users