• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jman2050

jman2050

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:45 AM

A series:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NudLNcHcrcs - a feature everyone wanted finally implemented! Except not icon_razz.gif
Part 2: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XAGlpcxbhsU - Really, the boss of Level 7 sucked anyhow, don't you think? Seriously lazy design there!

I'll post the script for part 1 in a bit. Figured the original AGN topic could use a complement here.

#2 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:01 AM

/me dies

Amazing work. 10++

I can't even believe thats zelda classic, that boss is so amazing. They both make a full LttP remake seem completely possible.

#3 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:23 AM

... I love you. icon_cry.gif

On a more serious note, despite my interest in scripting, I've never really managed to motivate myself enough to do anything other than minor stuff. I suppose it's partially because there are not many example videos and scripts like this (I haven't played Zodiac lately to see what is new with that due to time constraints).

Can you please comment some of that primitives drawing when/if you post the script for video 2? That's one of the things I've been really interested in doing regarding scripting, but there are no good examples of them being used.

I'd be a happy person.

#4 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:14 AM

This is extra wonderful... scripting makes 5000% bigger freedom... for those whos can script.

I hope that in the version that comes after 2.5, everything will be possible that is in ALttP.

The first who scripts a fully functional Trinexx will be overhyped by me. After all, it was my dream even before knowing ZC, to make an ALttP style game...

EDIT: Oh, and... I stop saying that 2.5 will never come. I see good signs.

#5 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:57 AM

Wow!

Thats powerful. I think, though, the Aquamentus 2 should be powered down just a bit for it to work as the z1 level 7 boss. That looked pretty hard icon_razz.gif

Edited by Alestance, 02 March 2008 - 09:58 AM.

#6 Dinnick the 3rd

Dinnick the 3rd

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:04 PM

INCREDIBLE!!! icon_biggrin.gif

good work with the boss and the overworld freeform like in alttp icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif .
and with that script its posible create a alttp remake.

#7 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:22 PM

That sir, was amazing.
Didn't really care about the arrows at all, the screen scrolling thing was pretty cool though. The Aquamentus was just great though.

#8 Dorian

Dorian

Adept

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:30 PM

I would like to know if the second vid was made just to show the script or if this is part of a quest?

2nd video is simply awesome

#9 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:34 PM

The boss is totally amazing.

How is that scrolling script implemented? Is it only for a 4 screen radius, or would it work for an entire overworld?

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 02 March 2008 - 12:37 PM.

#10 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE(Dorian @ Mar 2 2008, 11:30 AM) View Post

I would like to know if the second vid was made just to show the script or if this is part of a quest?

2nd video is simply awesome

Just to show. That boss replaced the Aquamentus in Level 7 of 1st Quest

#11 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Mar 2 2008, 05:34 PM) View Post

How is that scrolling script implemented? Is it only for a 4 screen radius, or would it work for an entire overworld?

It's not, he's just showing off =P

There's no solidity detection, enemies or combotypes included in it properly.

#12 Dinnick the 3rd

Dinnick the 3rd

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:42 PM

im interested in the boss, what type of zscript it used when the aquamentus die, he explote like in oracle series or others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users