Photo

Dominion Rod Statue Discussion

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:52 PM

Pretty neat. I got it to work without any problems, but I do have a few suggestions.

I'm not sure if it was intended, but if Link is walking against a solid wall, the statue will still move. By this logic, I was able to get the statue to leave the screen. A small fix would be to add another check to make sure that it isn't leaving the screen.

Also, I noticed that it triggering secrets is extremely sensitive. That is, if it barely touches the tile(s), it'll trigger secrets. May I suggest maybe making this something the user can decide? (That is, how many pixels that statue needs to be on the trigger for it to trigger.)

Just friendly suggestions; it works and I definitely see some good functionality with this, even if it's not to mimic the Dominion Rod statues. icon_wink.gif

Side note, you shouldn't put import 'std.zh' since when people copy it over, they're going to get errors. (Easy to pick out for people somewhat familiar with ZScript, but not so much for those who aren't.)

#2 Isdrakthül

Isdrakthül

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:18 PM

I thought I'd deleted the import "std.zh", but I guess not.

I modified the script to detect the edge of the screen as unwalkable as per your suggestion and changed the velocity to be more user-friendly. When I have more time, I'd also like to change it to be less unwieldy by checking all lweapons to see if they collide with it, etc. instead of the pointless and contrived thingy with secrets. I'll also try to make the secret trigger less sensitive, but it seems like it might be a bit hard to make it defined by the user.

#3 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:44 AM

Sounds good. What I was thinking is you could try having it check if it's exactly on the tile, then add whatever the user would like to check. It's not a big deal; I just think it would be more useful if it wasn't just a light nudge, whether user defined or not.

#4 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

well, that sounds really cool! Great idea. I really dont know how to use scripts, since i dont use 2.5, so, could there be a video showing how it works?

#5 Isdrakthül

Isdrakthül

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:38 PM

I don't have a youtube account or any software to make a video with, so there won't be a video unless someone else makes one.

#6 King Harkinian

King Harkinian

This site is still a thing?

• Members

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:44 PM

Try Camstudio. It's free, but I don't know if it records sound. You have to record zc in windowed mode, or you can't record it period. Personally, I use Hypercam 2, however it isn't free, unless you find a working serial code on youtube (there are videos on youtube that just give you a serial). To solve your no youtube problem, get an account!

#7 Isdrakthül

Isdrakthül

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

Well, I think that it's a bit too much trouble to go to for the sake of a visual aid. I mean, its function is already described in the first post.

#8 Isdrakthül

Isdrakthül

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:20 PM

I finally got around to finishing this. It will need to be changed to [FFC/Item].

#9 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:04 AM

Wow. I don't quite understand that rod part. Does it have to be a sword or can it also be item type z100 or something? If not, can it be a wand?
Also, I don't want that the magic sphere does damages enemies. If I set it to 0, will it stun them? Enemies should ignore the sphere.

#10 Isdrakthül

Isdrakthül

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:11 AM

It could be wand, but you might have to fiddle with the item editor to prevent it from shooting anything else. A custom item would work but would not make link swing the rod when using it.

It stuns enemies. Try adding
CODE

DSphere->CollDetection = false;

to the DSphere bit. I can't test it myself right now because I need to go.

#11 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:20 AM

You have made an awesome script! It's almost perfect now! Just one more thing. Could you add an sound effect when the sphere hits the statue? icon_smile.gif
I also tried to add that line. It works! Enemies ignore the sphere.

Edited by Avataro, 25 March 2011 - 10:29 AM.

#12 Isdrakthül

Isdrakthül

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:18 PM

I updated it to include the optional collision detection and sounds for activating and deactivating.

#13 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:41 PM

it does not compile because of this
CODE
cont bool hitenemy = false;
line now.

#14 Isdrakthül

Isdrakthül

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

Oops, forgot some 's's. It has been fixed.

#15 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

Hm, I still can't compile it. Does it work for you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users