Photo

Need testers for Dreams of Yesterday 2013.

• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#676 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 01 July 2019 - 02:35 PM

Apologies for the double post. Got a decent announcement to make.

In the past week and a half, I have fixed over 50 bugs, and gotten the final Deku Tree area to work.

I've ripped out 90% of the "Trigger -> Event" system features in favor of permanent secrets and "Next room" secret triggers.

I've also added a bunch of new Heart Container Pieces into places. The beginning of the game could definitely use a few. The enemies you can find are tough, but you'll have more than enough health to deal with them.

In my play-through, I am currently up to the Twilight Lands. I want to fix a bug where you can enter the Vine dungeon and potentially enter the wrong living/dead state. Come to think of it, I just thought of a better way to do it than being warped into a room that warps you to the right area. I'll just replace the outside doors from "Stair[A]" warps to "Stair[b]" warps. Duh. Silly me.

No actual extra bonus content except for the Dojo in central Capital Port and the Golden Tomb in north-central Hyrule, but at least it'll be fully playable and bug-free. Future content will be an expanded Temple of Time where the 4th Sword will be, and somewhere in northern Hyrule called "Billowing Banes" .. and four or five inter-connected dungeons with very hidden entrances which will result in a fantastic treasure that has yet to be determined.

If anything, any new features that I'm adding right now involve being able to use the Lens of Truth to cheese the Enigma Dungeon.

So keep an eye out for a post here telling y'all to download a new version. I'm not doing that until I play it from front to back again to make sure there's no bugs. I keep finding something here and there. >.>
  • vravelo and Lüt like this

#677 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 02 July 2019 - 12:12 AM

very well then.. was about to finish around here and there but going forward.. had some minor problems at devouring forest and getting the ''hook'  on train station,, may wait for ya to start over again...? told ya once.!! dreams of yesterday is like a nightmare for me.. :nerd:

Edited by vravelo, 02 July 2019 - 12:13 AM.

#678 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 02 July 2019 - 04:25 AM

very well then.. was about to finish around here and there but going forward.. had some minor problems at devouring forest and getting the ''hook'  on train station,, may wait for ya to start over again...? told ya once.!! dreams of yesterday is like a nightmare for me.. :nerd:

What kind of problems? I didn't really find any bugs in those areas that prevented gameplay; at least not according to my hideously flawed memory. If I really documented every little thing I had found, I'd be nothing but distracted all the time and wouldn't get anything done, heh.

#679 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:39 AM

Oddly, no. I really haven't been working on this at all. I should, though, probably because I am horrendously bored sometimes and wish I could work on ZC on something, but have no inspiration other than what already exists in DoY. So I guess I'll be working on that from now on.

Okay then! :D

Billowing Banes, Death's Embrace, finish the Dojo, and the Space Walk.

Time to port to 2.55 and to go wild. :D

#680 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:54 AM

Time to port to 2.55 and to go wild. :D

This is an old quest, she just ported it to 2.50 to remove the bugs and problems of how inconsistent the 1.92 betas are for backward compatibility :P

Now C-Dawg should port Sabotage Dragoon to 2.55, he wss complaining that it was too hard to make bosses in 1.92...

#681 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 02 July 2019 - 12:56 PM

Once this is ready I'll definitely be giving this a replay then.   Thanks for your hard work Shadow!

• ShadowTiger likes this

#682 Deathrider

Deathrider

Nothing Special Here

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 July 2019 - 12:30 AM

So I am in the Hideout and it seems there isn't another key for me to get to proceed through the dungeon. I was playing it on stream so I would like to know when you have the time if it is just me being oblivious and stupid, or if this is an unwinnable situation. The stream is here: https://www.youtube....h?v=PdPdsZe8wjs

Edited by Deathrider365, 03 July 2019 - 12:30 AM.

#683 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 July 2019 - 05:45 AM

Oh, hi! Thanks for the impromptu stream! I apologize if I had not been paying attention to any particular actual date of a stream to keep up with it. I've been working my butt off to make the game nice and shiny for you but it all happened so very much faster than I was able to keep up with, apparently. Here's something I posted on your stream page on Youtube.

Heyo there. Thanks for the stream. I've been smack-dab in the middle of a fair amount of bug-fixes over the past week, and this version seen here is more than likely not the version that features them, given that the stream began without me having uploaded anything to my Dropbox in a bit. You can get that version here. Progress in the bug-fixes is up to the Twilight Lands. The final area also has bug-fixes to make it work. https://www.dropbox....DoY250.qst?dl=0

Here's the locations of keys in the mushroom hideout area. I haven't had the time to sit down and watch the stream yet, (Been a crazy few days and I'm just catching up now, and am about to leave for work so can't watch it at the moment.) so let's see what's out there:

Directions from the start of the dungeon.

1) From the starting room, go one screen north, then east. Bomb the southern wall to enter a room that has a key in a chest.
2) From the start, go north, east, north. There's a stairs in the upper-right corner of the room going down. It's a straight-shoot to the key, which is the only reason that entire floor exists.
3) From the start, go north, then east. See that chest on the catwalk above the pool of water? That's on the second floor. That contains a key as well.
4) One room east and south from the boss door is another key.

That accounts for all of the keys. Hope that helps!

#684 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 04 July 2019 - 05:19 PM

Well. I am not a fan of double-posting at all. But here I am.

July 4th Changelog:
  • Made Link not "point" at his sword whenever he attacked left or right.
  • Made pushable blocks in the Deku Tree into area more obvious.
  • Altered some continue schenanigans in the Mushroom ideout.
  • Many "continue" errors have hopefully been fixed; or at least added.
  • Some rooms with bombable blocks were turned into "Interior" type rooms so the bomb-states would persist. This is just a Quality of Life change.
  • Turned some Gem-Door doors into walls, then painted over those walls with the closed-door gem combos so they wouldn't be overridden by Shutter combos.
  • Made the Octorok on Crack enemies (Found in the Twilight Lands) easier and less... on crack.
  • Placed many things in the Twilight Lands on layer 3 that should have been.
  • Added another hidden HCP piece in the Twilight Lands. Requires the L1 Lamp.
  • Fixed the entrances to the Fortress of Vines so they'll be living or dead on initial entrance rather than needing a transition into it.
  • Changed all Fortress of Vine bush undercombos to a stump with leaves, and added proper undercombos to pushed blocks. Also made the 2x2 hookshot blocks prettier.
  • Modified the second room of Fortress of Vines to serve as a mini-tutorial to let us know that those 2x2 plants can be hookshotted.
  • Went on a crusade to match the living and dead versions of the Fortress of Vines rooms together rather than have any differences between the same rooms in different states of livingness.
  • Hid a room in the southwest Cave of Mirrors (Floor 1) area far better behind multiple illusions and mind-games.
  • Added a lot of decorations to the Cave of Mirrors. It's 30% more sparkly now.
  • Fixed a bunch of warps in the Cave of Mirrors going to the wrong screens. Don't mess with Dmap sliders, people. They mess everything up.
  • Fixed some walkability things, as well as a secret trigger in front of the Buzzy Eye selling the Mirror of Truth.
  • Fixed the warp at the end of the frog battle.
  • Gave Marathon its Map item. Not that it'll do anyone any good, given its shape.
  • Added a few more shortcuts here and there.
  • Made Marathon pots "Flowers" combos so they'd make a noise and emit... well ... flower clippings. Because of course they can. Can we have a Pot combo, please?

That black-box error instead of a cave bomb debris at the cave with the guy falling asleep making a mushroom wife was already fixed in a prior version.

> Link to latest version <

#685 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 05 July 2019 - 04:09 AM

As a matter of opinion, I don't like the Link attack noises. You wouldn't find those in Link to the past or any of the other games that have small homages here.

#686 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 July 2019 - 04:31 AM

Find me three sword slash noises to replace them with, and away we go!

#687 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2019 - 07:27 PM

no , no problems found.... by problems I mean me'', falling  down on those holes on the forest and taken wrong directions at some places, beside that ,, game is running smooth 

• ShadowTiger likes this

#688 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 08 July 2019 - 10:37 PM

So I'm giving it a go.   Just finished mushroom hideout.   Only minor hiccup so far is immediately after beating the boss and picking up the reward item the boss fight immediately reset back to the first wave of enemies and I had to do it again.  I died and when I continued I was back in the entryway and had the item.   Not a big deal, but a bit odd that the boss doesn't stay defeated. 

#689 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:29 AM

Thanks for the report.  That room has always been giving me grief.  It's the placement of the item versus the hidden warps on the floor, really.  I'll add that to the list. 

#690 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:17 AM

I'll alert you to any issues as I encounter them.  I'll warn you my playthrough will be SLOW.   A crazy real life limits my gaming time to probably an hour or so a day on average, sometimes less.   I'm out of town all this weekend and next.   Given the size of the game we could honestly be talking the rest of the summer for me to play all the way through.  

• ShadowTiger likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users