Photo

Screenshot of the Week 339

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (74 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#46 Vinyl Scratch

Vinyl Scratch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:14 PM

Everybody's getting mad. D:
 [/hr]

I voted blackbishop89 because his screen pulled off the theme perfectly. Zero flaws for the screen, not going into theme. If it was, I'd vote Dawnlight.

#47 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE(Shane @ Oct 2 2011, 10:11 PM) View Post

Really guys? There only joke shots lighten up. icon_shrug.gif I'm glad some people laughed at my shot

(No offense, I love you like a brother, but) It wasn't that funny. But, I guess you have a good point. These are also for making people proud of themselves, and happy. So, good great point you have there.

#48 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:15 PM

Where's my critique Cukeman? icon_razz.gif

#49 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Oct 2 2011, 07:15 PM) View Post

Where's my critique Cukeman? icon_razz.gif

Sometimes shots are perfectly nice, but I can' t think of anything to say right off the bat.
It only means I have a shortage of words, it doesn't say anything about your shot. If you
want I will take some time to consider it, and post a critique later on icon_smile.gif

#50 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Oct 2 2011, 09:14 PM) View Post

But really. I haven't seen a SotW get this heated in quite some time. Are we all so immature? icon_unsettled.gif

Yeah I have never in my almost a year of being here never seen everyone act so immature about this ever till now...
I must ask what will Bickering about this help. "nothing"

This is just "Screenshot of the Week" Folks nothing more nothing less...
Why did this turn into almost 50 post of Bickering

I mean come on people Please Grow UP!!

Thats all I'm going to say about this...

~Ventus

#51 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE(Jared @ Oct 3 2011, 11:45 AM) View Post

(No offense, I love you like a brother, but) It wasn't that funny. But, I guess you have a good point. These are also for making people proud of themselves, and happy. So, good great point you have there.

Not that funny to you but people like Russ had a laugh and that's what my shot is there for. icon_shrug.gif

#52 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Oct 2 2011, 09:14 PM) View Post

And this:... I don't even have words for this. How is this even contributory? No, don't answer that; it's rhetorical.

I think Lemon's post contributed a lot more than the people who posted just for the sake of ranting/arguing/getting mad.

I like Ventus's screen. I dunno why. It just kind of reminds me of that 1.92 era of putting more emphasis on atmosphere than tile placement. I agree it is kind of hard to see, but I bet within the context of ZC, it looks decent.

Dawnlight had a pretty good screen too, although I'd be way more interested in actually playing that quest than seeing screenshots from it. It looks like it'd be more interesting in action than in screenshot form. It's still nice.

#53 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:08 PM

Twilight Knight
What is that stone building floating on water halfway?! Joke shots sure are getting ridiculous!
43/63

Furion
So many variants of grass tiles, good joke shot, it pulls off the ironic look well.
9 out of F

Sheik91
I enjoy the design of this shot, it keeps with the nature of a classic zelda shot with a twist. Love it.
purple medal

Alison
Mountains could be a bit more varied, and I don't enjoy the perspective. Is the lake above the house? Below it? Same level?
Smiley Face

ChunkeM0nkey
It's funny cause you used side perspective tiles in it, but the joke shots are getting pretty old.
0.213 B.A.C.

Ventus
Ugh, ANOTHER joke shot? this is getting ridiculous guys.
4 Apples

blackbishop89
You got close, I like the concept of trying to subtlety create a ZC screen based around your username, but it's missing half of it. Good effort though, my only is advice is to go with a sans serif font next time.
Threat Level Midnight

Adem
Haha, ok I admit, I did like this joke shot, I mean who would actually lock a door on such a beat up house? And the perfectly square pool is great.
Good job Johnson.

Wlliam
Bit repetitive but all around a good shot. Nothing to really complain about, but a bit more detail would be nice.
icon_neutral.gif -> icon_smile.gif

Shane
The colors here were a good choice, I've always thought enemies weren't blocky enough and you pulled it off almost seamlessly. I do wish you would have covered the bottom left corner though, looks a bit awkward there.
Half-mast October

Pokemonmaster64
Good shot, no complaints.
Dunking on a...8 foot hoop

Robin
I know you can do better, repetition shows that you are just being lazy here. Just stick with it though, we were wall new at some point!
1990s processing power compared to 2001 processing power.

Dawnlight
Oh, I thought we were done with the joke shots? I bit overboard this week. Honestly, it's trying a bit too hard to be funny. Just like this post!
532 posts in one year.

Ebola Zaire
WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY, GOOD NIGHT.
$3.02

nulled cause fight the power dog.

#54 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:09 PM

this is hilarious

voted dawnlight, because dungeons
also twilight_knight what is going on with your castle there it bugs me to no end

And by that, I mean the reception. The joke screens don't really say much, especially after the last week's offer.

#55 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(Plissken @ Oct 2 2011, 10:08 PM) View Post

Alison
Mountains could be a bit more varied, and I don't enjoy the perspective. Is the lake above the house? Below it? Same level?
Smiley Face

It's to the side of the house -_- god are you blind

#56 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:14 PM

Spoiler

icon_lol.gif I just laughed so hard I choked icon_lol.gif
Nice ratings icon_lol.gif

#57 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:19 PM

Plissken, you just made my day and possibly saved this topic from the continuous spread of the mads and the sads. Only time will tell...

#58 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:42 PM

I have a sense of humor, but come on guys: This is just pathetic. If it was funny before, it can't be that funny anymore. People are just jumping on the bandwagon here, which is pretty lame. Luckily comedy shots only have a good chance of winning when only one such shot is among serious entries that are mostly either bad or mediocre.

Twilight_Knight - C+
The screen lacks those extra touches of details, and the bottom left where the castle transitions to water looks awkward, mainly for the fact that there really isn't any transition. It looks as if it is floating on the water, rather than the water stopping around it. I do like the actual tiles though, but that alone is far from enough to make a screen look appealing.

Furion - B
A pretty well detailed classic screen. Not bad for an 8 bit winter screen, and considering the graphical limitations of classic, even with all the recolorings.

Sheik 91 - F
Rover's screen on cloud nine. Or I should say: clouds nine.

Alison - D
Mostly not serious, technically not completely ZC. As for the serious part, before being stretched vertically and reflected about a vertical line, it's an okay screen. C and F average to a D.

ChunkeM0nkey - C+
I never liked these graphics, but the design is all right for something that I think is difficult to make look good.

Ventus - B-
Semi-classic look done semi-well. I'm wondering if something other than white would make the rain look better, as it's very difficult to see the Stalfos clearly. Perhaps it looks better in game, though. I like the rearrangement of the classic subscreen, and those square heart containers. Something different to the table.

blackbishop - F
This screen is empty. icon_frown.gif

Adem - B
Not the most interesting autumn screen, but basic design elements are still followed well.

William - F
I know where this screen came out of.

Shane - D+
I wasn't sure if this was a joke or not. I'm not liking the color combination, and there isn't much to the design of it. Different, but without much rhythm to it.

Pokemonmaster64 - B
Again, I am not enjoying these colors together, or at least not all of them together. Perhaps it's the blue more than anything else, while the rest could probably manage together. However, outside of the color combination, it looks pretty good. Design is very sound. Could use some extra detail in the grass, though.

Robin - F
I think I saw that rug being sold at my local discount furniture store. I would have bought it if it went better with my furniture.

Dawnlight - A-
Now this is the sort of thing I love in dungeons. Great design mixed with what looks like is a lot of fun. It makes you wish to see the entire dungeon, assuming you are doing this for a project of yours.

Ebola Zaire - A-
Well designed down to every detail, and you know how to make something that is otherwise ordinary look very interesting. Props for that.

Dawnlight and Ebola Zaire have the two star attractions for this week. I voted for Dawnlight this time, due to a slight edge in appeal for me.

#59 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:17 PM

Voted for Shiek, joke or not it looked beautiful.

#60 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:47 PM

How did I know we'd get a ton of "joke" entries this week icon_sweat.gif

Voted for Ebola.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users