Zelda Classic on Electronic Gaming Monthly

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:00 PM

Hey Guys, I just want to show you something really special. It's about how I was referred to Zelda Classic and where my ZC experience began. I found out about Zelda Classic on the June 2005 issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly.

This is what it looks like:
http://i113.photobuc.../Photo-0022.jpg

And after reading the article about Twilight Princess, the cover story concluded with an article about Zelda Classic

Zelda Classic Article:
http://i113.photobuc.../Photo-0020.jpg

What it says: (sorry my Cell Phone Camera is 1.3 Megapixels. icon_frown.gif )
"Head to ZeldaClassic.com for a kick-ass free PC program that allows you to make your own Zelda adventure or play other user-made quests, some patterned after other Nintendo classics like Metroid and Super Mario Bros."

So there you go, that's my experience that brought me here in the world of ZC.

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:21 AM

Wow, that's pretty neat. I wonder how it got in the magazine.

#3 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:05 AM

Yeah, I remember hearing about this a while ago, though I never actually saw any scans of the article itself, so this is fairly interesting.
Also, I noticed that there's a screenshot in the article, it appears to be from one of Exate's quests. Metroid XL-75 (Remake) to be specific.

#4 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:24 AM

I'm not sure if it was the same issue or even the same magazine but someone did an article about Petoe's MegaMan quest.

#5 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:49 AM

Yeah, I remember hearing about it in a magazine a while back, but I believe it was a different one then this one! Cool.

#6 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:18 PM

Oh cool! As Angeal, I remember hearing about it, but I never actually saw the actual article!

It's not that ZC hasn't been covered in magazines before, but it doesn't happen too often, so when it does, it's pretty cool to hear about it.
I mean, we're all a part of this, you know?
Some of us talks to the developers every day... it's not like, say, with the creators of Windows. Sure, some of us USE Windows, but I know I speak for most of us when I say that we don't talk much TO the developers...

This really makes me feel a part of ZC's evolution, which is kind of cool. It's a great program, and even a greater game maker, so to be a part of it is purely a honor. icon_smile.gif

#7 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:28 PM

Heack not even a year later it was in a UK Magazien Febueray 2006 had a page about homebrew Zelda Games one of which i played and was not fun and i found can make your own zelda I said GET ME HOME I'M DOWNLOADING THIS...

Ture Story Mabey not Get me home bit <- NOTHING THERE DO NOT HIGHLIGHT (yeah i havn't done that in a long time)

But yeah it was in a UK mag called NGC I still have that one but it's in my loft in the big bundel of magazines i have collected over the years so don't expect any pics.

#8 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:32 PM

This isn't the only publicity that ZC has gotten. Sometime back in October 2004 A gaming/tech news show called The Screen Savers on the now-merged TechTV/G4 networks had a little feature on Zelda Classic.

How do I know? Because that's how I discovered ZC. icon_smile.gif

That show is now known as Attack of the Show!, or AtoS for short.

#9 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:26 PM

The Screen Savers! Not only do I remember that show, I remember the episode ... very cool. Man I miss the nice and non-rude people from TechTV...

#10 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:04 PM

I'm not sure if this counts as "publicity" or not, but I actually discovered Zelda Classic through Computer Games Magazine's disc of classic games, released in December 2000. Installed ZC 1.84, and bam. Present. So yeah, ZC was in a magazine all the way back in almost the same year it was created. It was made in 1999 by Phantom Menace, I believe.

#11 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:11 PM

That means it's almost ten years old! Wow.

I doubt this counts as publicity, but I found out about it from a top ranking FAQ on the original Zelda on GameFAQs. So it's a good bit of publicity for people (like me) who had no idea what to do. icon_smile.gif

#12 Lemmy Koopa

Lemmy Koopa

We are the champions

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:12 PM

Speaking of ZeldaClassic on media, anyone know where to get that G4 video thing?

#13 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE(Hot Water Music man @ May 2 2009, 09:12 PM) View Post

Speaking of ZeldaClassic on media, anyone know where to get that G4 video thing?
This it?

#14 Lemmy Koopa

Lemmy Koopa

We are the champions

• Members

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE(T. Platinum @ May 3 2009, 07:11 PM) View Post

nope. It was on TV not from someone on youtube.

#15 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 09 May 2009 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE(Hot Water Music man @ May 9 2009, 01:22 AM) View Post

nope. It was on TV not from someone on youtube.

I have the video file of the Screen Savers coverage on my computer.

As far as it being viewable somewhere, I don't know. The file I have came from an old thread on AGN, so the link is likely dead by now. If no one has it and there is demand for it, I might try uploading it within the next day or so.

Edited by Nick, 09 May 2009 - 03:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users