• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Arathorn21st

Arathorn21st

Junior

• Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:38 PM

Hey everyone,

Well, it's probably been at least a year and a half since I've actually posted here. If anyone remembers me, a long time ago I promised to carry my first real quest to completion (albeit on an infinite timeline.) This past summer I finally got the chance to finish it, and I need 1-2 testers from this site to take the quest for a test drive.

Reclamation is a standard nine-dungeon quest using ZC v2.10.2. The emphasis is on entertaining gameplay. This applies to combat, which is designed to force the player to use items other than the boomerang and hammer to finish the quest, and to puzzles, whether single-room or dungeon-wide. It uses the Pure tileset with a few loose tiles and a few custom tiles of my own.

Screenshots can be found at http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html for the time being; I'm currently trying to recover the password to an easier hosting service. You'll need an unzipping utility to view the pictures.

If you're interested in testing, please PM me or post here describing a few quests you've played and how far you've gotten in them. This is so I can have a varied pool of skill levels testing the quest. If you've tested other quests before, I'd like to know about that too.

I won't release any demos at this point, as the quest is basically finished.

And if you have any questions about the quest in general, ask away!

Edited by Arathorn21st, 27 August 2007 - 05:40 PM.

#2 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 09:59 PM

What the deuce? You posted this 4 hours ago and not a single reply? Weak, guys. icon_unsettled.gif

I'd love to test. I am the author of Molka, which is currently rated a 4.38 (used to be rated 4.6 'till some shweens rated it a 3), and am currently making Molka Elite. I'm up to Level 7 on the 2nd Quest of DFW's Origin, made it to Level 5 on DFW's Hidden Duality DC, made it to Level 6 of Mr. Z's Link's Birthday DX, and beat both 1st and 2nd Quest of the original LoZ. I can also survive a cramped room of six Mirror Wizzrobes for at least 60 seconds (with 12 hearts, a Blue Ring and the Blue Potion), can kill a Patra3 in a cramped room in under 45 seconds (Blue Ring, Blue Potion, Magic Sword) and am extremely talented at fighting Darknuts with no Hammer (except for Death Knights). I am pretty good at figuring out puzzles. My weaknesses are Blue Wizzrobes (I can fight them decently but I tend to take hits unless I have the Hookshot), Gohma3s and Death Knights. Also, sometimes I have trouble with a 3-way splitting Digdogger earlier in a game.

One problem if I test: I'm currently working on a HUGE Quest of my own called Molka Elite, so my attention will be split between your project and mine. It's up to you.

I hope I fit the bill. Thanks. --Schwa

P.S. The browser freezes when I try to download the link. Mind posting the pics in the actual thread?

#3 Arathorn21st

Arathorn21st

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:25 PM

Ok, I've got the images hosted on imageshack now.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

#4 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:27 PM

Looking pretty good so far, I really like the 6th shot.

#5 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:30 PM

The screens are not too bad but they need a little more detail. I suggestion adding dungeon borders to the dungeon floor.

Really good shots icon_smile.gif

#6 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 28 August 2007 - 05:11 PM

Looking pretty damn nice for a first quest. The lower walls are used wrong in the tomb though.

#7 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 29 August 2007 - 03:22 PM

Eh. Tiles can be used however the author deems to be appropriate. In that shot, he did it to create the illusion that the right side of the screen is elevated.

Until there are more appropriate tiles, the lower walls will work.

Anyway.. Nice for a first quest. I do agree that you should consider floor borders, though. They fill in space.

#8 Arathorn21st

Arathorn21st

Junior

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:01 PM

My main concern about using the floor borders is that on screens like screenshot 6, the actual floor will seem too cramped, and that on screens like screenshot 7, the height illusion will be dulled.
I suppose I could do a couple of dungeons with them, though, and see if it looks better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users