Check out my new custom quest!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 18 August 2007 - 05:05 PM

Yes cool looking... but extremely fuzzy.

#17 TetriTek

TetriTek

Wizard

• Members

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:47 PM

yes, it is kinda fuzzy, but kamember, I didnt spend much time on it. icon_blink.gif

#18 Hoten

Hoten

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:59 PM

Still they do look pretty good. I'd recommend using them just so you can say "I made those!".

#19 TetriTek

TetriTek

Wizard

• Members

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:35 PM

I was just barely using them again, and they work pretty well together, I still have yet to make the diagonal ones, but they can make pillers, and all different sorts of stuff.

I suck at trees, but im still going to try, and last time I made a custom set, I...sorta.... renamed it out of zc, and it corupted it.... so i gave up...

now its working pretty good!!! icon_lol.gif

#20 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:43 PM

Those mountains look nice but they would look even better with more dark/light contrast. Say 10-12 values between each color.

SD3 styled grass would look nice...

And whaddya mean you suck at trees? I saw some of those custom ones you made(that kinda looked like mine) and they were awesome.

#21 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE(Schwa @ Aug 14 2007, 06:01 PM) View Post

You know what? This is just a slap in the face to anyone who's ever put any effort into making a Quest. Grow up, Jishy.

100% AGREE..!!
I back up and support everything, Schwa stated in here!
Now,! this is an honest and fear way to recognize anyone effort!!
very good and 5***** to Schwa
---- Kurdish

#22 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:56 PM

You know, if you actually read more of the topic, you would have found that he actually posted a shot.

I'm sorry, but you guys took this way too seriously, you could have stated your feelings and still could've been a lot nicer about it.
I mean saying "grow up", for example, isn't very mature in of itself, it's just mean, sorry Schwa, I still respect you as an amazing quest maker, I just took offense at this statement. I mean, sure you took Jishy's words offensively, but some of you guys reacted in a really hostile method.

Maybe I'm just feeling a little personal about the statements said here because I know Jishy in person. I'm sorry if I offended anybody now, I'm just a little annoyed at the moment.

Edited by Nuvo, 19 August 2007 - 12:05 AM.

#23 TetriTek

TetriTek

Wizard

• Members

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:55 PM

yeah, thanks nuvo, yeah, it could have gone in ds, but i think im just going to edit the first thing...

umm... yeah...

#24 TetriTek

TetriTek

Wizard

• Members

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:28 PM

sorry for the double post, but I gots a new shot!

not that its all that great though... icon_cry.gif

anyways

IPB Image
theres the new one...
IPB Image
and heres the old one, this one is way to square

#25 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Wizard

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:11 AM

The rock formations are a bit tall, but that's just my opinion. Other than that, looks good!

#26 TetriTek

TetriTek

Wizard

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:14 PM

no, I was just having fun putting them together, but I havent worked on it in a few days, Ive been working on my new midi, its at the bottom, its the one called metal.mid. Nuvo and I worked on it yesterday

#27 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:12 PM

The base of the rocks still look too squarish. Good, though. Make some more details for the grass.

#28 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:28 PM

(to Jishy) Those shots look awesome. I've never been a great judge on graphics... I have no problem with most graphics, even in the Classic set, but I love how you made the effort to make them yourself, even if, in your words, you "threw" them together in 45 minutes. I'd never be able to get 'em to look that good in that time. Way to go. icon_biggrin.gif

(to Nuvo) Yeah, I kinda half-suspected a mod or whatever would get on my case for that... Kinda relieved they didn't. Still, it bugged the hell outta me that someone would actually go so far as to do that. I mean, kudos if someone took it as a joke and didn't get all defensive like I did. That's a skill. With me, though... You know how people who play WoW are generally REALLY into the game and it's their life and all that? (Not all players do this, but I'm talking about the stereotypical WoW player you're used to.) That's me with ZC. I take it reeeeeeally seriously, I admit even too seriously most of the time, so I didn't see anything funny about it. You did the right thing by pointing that out-- I can't work on that problem of mine if I don't know I'm doing it. So thanks. icon_smile.gif

Also, I have a low tolerance for people who I think are noobs on the Internet. After seeing those screenshots, I can say Jishy's definitely nobody's noob, but it sure didn't look like it at first. Another mistake by me. I'm getting better... slowly... icon_unsettled.gif

#29 TetriTek

TetriTek

Wizard

• Members

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:47 PM

good job schwa, at least your man enough to admit you have a fault. I have many to. anyway, yeah, I know that I was kinda stupid to do that, but I thought it was a funny way to get me started, (I never know where to start on custom sets) yeah, it didnt take me long to make those.

now I need some advice on how to make the mtns better. and like pheonix said, I do need to change the base. and pheonix, I only worked on the mountains so far, so that grass was just there because it could be! icon_lol.gif

#30 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:51 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but the sides bug me. They're poking at my nerves. I think they are too jagged. Fix that, and I'll like them much more (I already like them a lot).

Edited by linkmystro100, 22 August 2007 - 02:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users