• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:40 AM

The Legend of Zelda
Dei Leone Grigio

Yup I'm starting a new quest, hopefully I'll actually stick to it. Bah, I'm busy with several things at once right now...so it will probably take a while, but hey, if I decide to quite I'll just give the site staff a crapload of stuff to go through! icon_biggrin.gif
(joking, I won't quit this one unless I have to)

Story

"Several years after the demise of Ganon, Link is called upon by the Goddesses. They wish for him to travel to the foreign world of Skyra and prevent an ancient evil from returning. It is such a terrible creature that it's name is banned from the Heavens, not spoken of by the gods or hylians alike. The five seals of Skyra (Wind, Fire, Water, Earth, and Alkahest) are weakening. Should they break, the demon will be ressurected from the depths of its prison...and the land of Skyra will fall into chaos."

I think that was a good enough story. Amazingly enough, the dumbass doesn't learn his lesson and leaves all his equipment back in Hyrule as usual. icon_frown.gif

Features

• I'm not entirely sure as of yet what kinds of things I'll add, I think I may replace moblins for the most part (being as Ganon won't be involved). I know I'll keep octorocks and keese and non ganon-related enemies.
  • There will be no triforce or medallions. Elements will replace them. Shards of Wind, Water, Fire, and Earth, and then the entire Alkahestic orb. (Alkahest is the ruler of elements, according to an old french chemist or something)
  • The ocarina will be replaced with a violin. I just think a violin is needed. You could turn into El Kabong and beat people up with it or something. icon_shrug.gif
  • Wind Wolves. Not sure of a proper name for them yet...perhaps some more italian lol. icon_wink.gif

Graphics
This quest will be 1-bit monochromatic in colour. (only black and white) I suck at coloured pixel-shading but somehow I excel in black and white pixel art. icon_confused.gif
Plus it's something different so I'm going with it.
I'm also drawing everything in more of a typical rpg perspective...though quite a few of the things in the current tileset need changing, it's going quite well. I should be done with the graphics part by next week. (and I really need to finish the AoL tileset too. I totally forgot about it for several weeks. icon_sweat.gif )

Main tileset:

IPB Image
Mostly custom. (Shoreline and ocean water courtesy of Radien)
*edit: It's pretty much done now. I'm not going to use the giant carrot. :O

Sideview Dungeon:
IPB Image
Not done, custom. The statue looks funny like this, but it actually looks good when everything is thrown together. The dark bricks are the background. (the grey is transparent)

Link:

IPB Image
Ok, this is just a quick edit of gb link, taken from tileshop I think. The shields are custom though...link himself still has a little bit more editing to go through...

Other Stuff:

Shadows:
IPB Image
I'll probably be using these, and look forward to them being in the Loose Tiles section next update. (this is the only thing on this page that everyone has permission to use)

Boss- Gorgola:
IPB Image
Edit of the Zombie Dragon from Castlevania CotM. I made the neck. icon_w00t.gif

Screenshots:

*currently unavailable*

**btw, the title means "of the grey lion" in italian.

...and of course I have to end this thread with a icon_wink.gif
  • Edit: Updated the story and features.
  • Edit: Finished most of the first demo's tiles. Now for the enemies' and npcs' sprites...
  • Edit: I've got the sideview dungeon tiles finished for the first dungeon.

Edited by Mr. Pimpy, 22 July 2007 - 08:27 PM.

#2 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:47 AM

Wow! Those black and white graphics look really good, Pimpy. icon_smile.gif I like how you make custom tiles, too. But since it's in Italian, I wouldn't understand a single word. icon_confused.gif Either way, good luck with your new project. icon_wink.gif

#3 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:29 AM

Gilipolla, anyone can do monochrome graphics, it's just black and white. icon_razz.gif Jokingjkjkjkjkjk

Most of it looks good. The carrot is not in RPG perspective, and the mountains are a bit too chunky.

Edited by Fire Wizzrobe, 19 July 2007 - 11:45 AM.

#4 wsuraider88

wsuraider88

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:21 AM

Hey, at least it's original. Anyone can do a quest in color, but it takes a special creator to get it in black and white. icon_wink.gif

#5 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:26 PM

I'd like to see riding wolves. And yes, we came up with riding wolves before TP came up with Link being one icon_sweat.gif Good lord. Also, Good luck. It... has a unique taste to it.

#6 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE(Pokegamer1989 @ Jul 19 2007, 08:47 AM) View Post
Wow! Those black and white graphics look really good, Pimpy. icon_smile.gif I like how you make custom tiles, too. But since it's in Italian, I wouldn't understand a single word. icon_confused.gif Either way, good luck with your new project. icon_wink.gif

Well, only the title will be in Italian. icon_wink.gif
I may translate it just for the hell of it...but that'd be annoying to do. I think I used the wrong word too...dei should be del I think...icon_confused.gif
Thanks though. icon_smile.gif

Gilipolla, anyone can do monochrome graphics, it's just black and white. icon_razz.gif Jokingjkjkjkjkjk

Most of it looks good. The carrot is not in RPG perspective, and the mountains are a bit too chunky.

Alot of people I know seem to have trouble with black and white. Separating shades and textures and stuff...though I don't know why... icon_blink.gif
Thanks. icon_razz.gif

Hey, at least it's original. Anyone can do a quest in color, but it takes a special creator to get it in black and white. icon_wink.gif

*can't tell if that wink is meant to copy me, be sarcastic, or just there to look pretty*
*chooses the latter*
icon_wink.gif

I'd like to see riding wolves. And yes, we came up with riding wolves before TP came up with Link being one icon_sweat.gif Good lord. Also, Good luck. It... has a unique taste to it.

Ooooo...wolves. Yes, that's a good idea. Perhaps teal coloured wind wolves with fancy circle shaped designs that also use wirlwinds to teleport and stuff. icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks for the idea. icon_wink.gif

*updated the info.

Edited by Mr. Pimpy, 20 July 2007 - 08:44 AM.

#7 king-n

king-n

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 03:09 PM

I'm liking the look of this quest. Mind if I put that banner in my sig for support?

#8 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 05:46 PM

I like the look of it. You make simplicity look good!

#9 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE(king-n @ Jul 21 2007, 04:09 PM) View Post
I'm liking the look of this quest. Mind if I put that banner in my sig for support?

Of course I don't mind. icon_razz.gif
Thanks. icon_smile.gif

I like the look of it. You make simplicity look good!

Thanks!! icon_smile.gif

*update

Edited by Mr. Pimpy, 22 July 2007 - 08:26 PM.

#10 king-n

king-n

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:44 PM

Thanks. I think this quest will turn out to be quite an experience. It has an atmosphere that I can tell I'm going to love.

#11 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 July 2007 - 01:44 AM

I like the sound of it. Good luck.

#12 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 23 July 2007 - 04:10 PM

Thanks. icon_wink.gif

#13 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators

Posted 25 July 2007 - 01:53 AM

Can I test it when it's ready?

#14 fireice

fireice

Junior

• Members

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:50 PM

yes id like to test it too. icon_cool.gif

I do know some Italian BTW icon_wink.gif

also can you give me the code for the banner? icon_puppyeyes.gif

#15 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(fireice @ Jul 25 2007, 08:50 PM) View Post

also can you give me the code for the banner? icon_puppyeyes.gif

CODE
[url=http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29769][img]http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/5300/banneryk4.png[/img][/url]

Anyways, I never got around to it, but it simply does look great. icon_wink.gif Black and white graphics are to die for. icon_biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users