Tall Grass/shallow water and enemies

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 symbiote01

symbiote01

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:26 PM

Okay, I'm looking for a script that detects when an enemy is in tall grass/shallow water, and puts the appropriate tile over the enemy so it actually looks like they are in tall grass/shallow water!
I think I've seen a script around here somewhere like this (using FFCs, I believe), but I can't for the life of me find it.

Any help would be most appreciated.

#2 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:51 PM

Untested but I have this:

CODE
import "std.zh"

//Set it to your water splash combo id
const WATERSPLASH_COMBO = 0;

//Set it to your water splash cset
const WATERSPLASH_CSET = 0;

global script activeScript
{
    void run()
    {
        while(true)
        {
            for(int i = 1; i <= Screen->NumNPCs(); i++)
            {
                npc enemy = Screen->LoadNPC(i);
                if(IsWater(ComboAt(CenterX(enemy),CenterY(enemy)))
                    Screen->FastCombo(1,enemy->X,enemy->Y,WATERSPLASH_COMBO,WATERSPLASH_CSET,128);
            }
            Waitframe();
        }
    }
}

One thing that might not work perfectly well is the position where the splash is drawn. It will work fine on 1 tile enemies and splash combo but it will have an offset if it's applied to bigger enemies...

This script will be applied in the whole quest.

#3 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:16 PM

IsWater() only detects deep water. You'd want Screen->ComboT[ComboAt(CenterX(enemy), CenterY(enemy))]==CT_SHALLOWWATER.

#4 symbiote01

symbiote01

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:24 PM

Awesome. The FastCombos should be on an upper layer, so it appears over the enemies, but that's an easy fix. I used this as a template to make it work for tall grass, too- it works (reasonably) well, meaning it USUALLY shows up.
I also added '&& enemy->Z == 0' to the if statement, so jumping enemies like Tektites don't show it unless they are one the ground. Next, I'll refine it so certain enemies use a different set of graphics, or don't trigger the effect- like DigKids; I always thought they they flew, but realize now that wouldn't work for collision detection, etc.
Anyway, thank you for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users