Photo

Lion and Tinman

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: Lion and TinMan - Good or Bad

Good or Bad on Lion

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Good or Bad on TinMan

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 jerome

jerome

"Ducks eat for free at Subway"

• Members

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:56 AM

Thanks everyone.

Ebola Zaire- for some reason I can't see the picture, but I think it's the firewall here at work is why. But from your description, I think I understand. If not, I can always try to look something up on it.

Well I'll screw around with the layers thing. Maybe I'll practice copying others screens (easier ones first) and then work on my own. I think I'll start some screens with HoD or HD:EXED first. The bridges and stuff I'll worry about later.

Now if I import my Cset6 to any other tileset (let's just say I'm going to use DoR for the moment), it's going to mess up coloring stuff right? I guess what I can do is import my tiles and recolor (or recolour if you prefer that way -j/k) my tiles back to how I made them. That would work the best right?

I'm not set on DoR, mostly just using it as an example. Although I do like the tons of variety of it though. I'll see how the characters look in it and maybe some others. Then after I make my decision, maybe I can get a screen shot of OZ for CQD.

#47 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:21 PM

Actually, you could import anything into CSet 6 on DoR and it wouldn't mess up anything. I believe the same can be said for Pure and BS, as well.

#48 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:37 PM

I just think they look a little skinny...

edit: never mind, didn't see the edited version...

Edited by ZebraStallion, 19 March 2008 - 10:38 PM.

#49 jerome

jerome

• Members

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:16 AM

Cool on the Cset6 thing. Now to find ME some courage and give it a try.

#50 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:20 PM

Cset 6 is set for Link, which I think you know. Most tileset makers make sure to never use Cset six for anything except Link, and that's how it should be.

Edited by LinkMystro, 20 March 2008 - 10:20 PM.

#51 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Mar 19 2008, 03:24 AM) View Post

There's no drop down menus in layers, don't trick Jerome over. And it doesn't take half a hour to type 3 digits in. Plus, if autolayering assigns a map to a nother map's layer, then it created six almost empty maps, making bad use of place, unless you use all six layers on all screens.

PS: www.shardstorm.com icon_wink.gif It's not you 2.10, it's me. I'm just not physically attracted to you anymore. I think we should see other betas. icon_razz.gif

As for the reply:

Oh noes, you're on to me! damn. Yes, that was my intent all along. To devise a clever ruse in a diabolical plot of epicly feindish proportions in an attept to trick jerome into using "autolayers" to perpetuate my own sick and twisted scheme. But alas! I have been foiled yet again by you meddling do-gooders. My plan was entering the final phase of fruition; step 1: Get jerome to try autolayers. step 2: Take over the world!! I'll get you for this!!!!! Blast!

PS#2: btw, if you were making a dungeon and every room used floor borders, how is it in fact not easier to just hit the "auto" button for layers 1 or 2!?

...PS#3: Best...post...ever....

#52 jerome

jerome

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:10 AM

Very entertaining view on layers, Gleeok! Sorry you can't take over the world now. Better luck next time. icon_thumbsup.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users