• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#16 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Jun 21 2007, 02:50 AM) View Post

Please give me ideas and maybe tiles from other games that would fit this quest/tileset good. Thanks!
And Ebola Zaire and Moonwhisper, you're going into the credits of the tileset and hopefully quest. Thanks for leading me to this great graphical masterpiece!
YAY!

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif I really appreciate that!

As for other graphics... I did manage to find a Golden Sun 2 ROM. If there's anything that you can't find in Lufia (I don't know, since I never played Lufia) PM me and I'll try to find it in Lost Age... they both use very similar graphics, so it'd fit in nicely!

Screenie looks schweet, by the way.

#17 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:43 AM

Ahh, cool! Thanks. Golden Sun 2? Is that for GBA aswell? And Lost Age? What's that? Is it a quest or another game? If it's a game, which platform? I know I could try google, but there's really alot of things that is called ''lost'' or age'' or ''lost age'' or ''age lost'' and so on.
As for the screenie: Thanks. As you can see, I had to reduce the colors so that they're more usable in ZC. But they still look quite nice, I think.
EDIT: I've made a teaser screenie for ''The Elder Scrolls IV: (put a subtitle here)'' and the Lufio 4 tileset! Now I've added water! jahoo!
IPB Image

Edited by Migokalle, 21 June 2007 - 07:52 AM.

#18 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:43 AM

you work quick on ripping and importing tiles. I'd like to see this entire set finished if you don't mind finishing it. icon_smile.gif

#19 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:03 AM

Heh... The plan IS to finish it... But things don't always goes after the plan, does they? Like, about a month ago, I had over 15 quests in the making... Now there's only a few... And I'm not working on any of them. The thing is: I can work on one project for some time, then I want to continiue on something else... But I'll try to finish it as fast as I can. And if the tileset isn't finished, I could subit the tiles in a loose tile submission.
So hopefully, you'll see theese tiles in use, one way or another. I'm currently just stacking the tiles over the decendant tileset, because I'm not good with enemy tiles and when doing it this way, it would have enemy tiles in it allready. Yeh yeh, I can allready hear you: ''You have to put in the enemy tiles from the real game''....My answer: Well... I'll see what I can do;) PS: I've allready animated the water. _So yes, this is going quite fast. As of right now, with the tiles implememnted, you COULD make a small overworld. But still no interiors. No NPCs either. AND no ''Link'' sprites. When we're allready into that, what link sprites should I impplement? Should I just leave the tiles allready in the decetants tileset or should I get somthing else. Or maybe I should make my own? or use the guy in the real game? I dunno...
But nice to see that you're intrested too DFW, The creator of my favorite quest yet: Isle of the Winds. It's not everyday I get intrest from a ZC godess.
EDIT: The screenie overhead was just entered to next weeks SotW! YAY!
And while I'm on it:
IPB Image
I made it yesterday... 99% Custom Tiles. Only the water is from DoR, but slightly edited.
It's not supposed to be implemented in the lufia 4 tileset, but just tell me what you think.
I know it isn't great, but it was my first try on overworld tiles. Should I submit them to the database?
Or should I absouloutley not, delete them from my drive and pretend they where never there?

Edited by Migokalle, 21 June 2007 - 09:10 AM.

#20 trip i fall

trip i fall

Magus

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:01 AM

For the Lufia set:

It's looking pretty good. I'm waiting for this to be finished, so I can use it. icon_biggrin.gif
EDIT: I also think you should use different water. It's just too bright, and doesn't really fit very well... plus, it looks like the land is floating on top of the water, instead of coming from below it. Which is what land does. Woo for science class. I would suggest to blend the colors a little more, and make it a little greener, plus make it a little transparent. Just so we can see the land under the water, so we know there isn't a floating island. Unless that's what you want...
Now that's a lot to do, but it'll turn out nice. :]

For the custom tiles:

I wouldn't say submit them to the database yet, but I think you should just work on them a little more (add some shading and stuff), and then submit them. They look like they do have potential.

Edited by trip i fall, 21 June 2007 - 10:05 AM.

#21 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:05 AM

Golden Sun is for the GBA.
Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age is a seperate game, also for the GBA.

As far as I know, almost ALL textures from the original Golden Sun are included in The Lost Age. There were no major graphical changes between each game, and they were all done it the same style that you got there with Lufia. However, I think that you should mainly use Lufia for the tileset, and use the Golden Suns only for stuff that you can't find... different style houses, etc. It's easier to pallette if you're primarily ripping from one game.

As for your custom tiles... it's up to your whether or not to submit them. I will tell you this though: if you do, (most) people will give constructive criticsm. If you decide to, do it via loose tiles, not tilesets, because it looks like a LOT of those DoR tiles are still there.

#22 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:45 AM

The custom tiles is not an entire set... I just drawed them for fun... so 98% or more of the DoR set is still there, so if I where gonna submit it, it would be loose tiles;). As for the water: Yeah, I agree. The water animations doesen't look very good either, so I'm thinking about putting some other water in and if I do they'll most likely be transperant.
And woah! I've added Mountains! They're not FULLY usable yet because they need stairs, caves ect. but atleast I've made a screenie for you to enjoy!
IPB Image
''If I continiue at this speed, I'll probably be done in the end of the vacation!''

Edited by Migokalle, 21 June 2007 - 10:46 AM.

#23 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:40 AM

why submit it as loose tiles if you plan on finishing it completely? I'd personally would like to have a Lufia 2 complete game tileset ripped into PureZC. It might actually make me want to come back and make one last quest with it. If people can provide me new and interesting graphics to use, I'll most likely have a quest made with it. Because at the moment, none of the tilesets currently out there interested anymore to make quests with them. So thus, unless I get my hands on a COMPLETE, awesome Lufia tileset or something similar, I may not make anything more because I'm just so tired of quest making with the same stuff. (even if we do have new ZC features)

As for the mountains, don't just add stairs, also add ladders and vines! XD

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 21 June 2007 - 11:40 AM.

#24 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:49 AM

what I meant by the loose tiles is those custom tiles. They COULD be submitted in a loose tile submission.
As for the ladders a vines: Ofcourse my horse (Okay, I'll admit that sounded very VERY weird! But atleast it sounded funny, however you look at it.) There will be some custom tiles in the tileset and there's nothing anyone can do about it. And it would be an honor if you decided to use my tileset! But have you ever tried to make anything with the GB tileset? I must say it feels different from the others. I like it very much!

Edited by Migokalle, 21 June 2007 - 11:52 AM.

#25 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:50 AM

Nice mountains. I'll look into getting some water that would fit from GS. It was semi-transparent water... you can see the edges of the wall going in, but it's not totally see-through.

#26 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:51 AM

Cooliedoolie! Thanks! Now, the next thing I'm going to do is to start on some cities. And maybe I'll have some interiours done at the end of the day.
If there's any *****es there I would love to have them too...
EDIT: WTF?!?! Why where ''Beaches'' censored... ohh! NVM LOLZORZ

Edited by Migokalle, 21 June 2007 - 11:55 AM.

#27 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Jun 21 2007, 08:49 AM) View Post

But have you ever tried to make anything with the GB tileset? I must say it feels different from the others. I like it very much!

*points to quest: Ganon's Claim*
Already covered. Just looking for a new tileset, and the ones you're working on just might fit the bill.

#28 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:42 PM

Cool! Now you cave me another reason to pull this off! Thankie Wolfie!

#29 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:22 PM

Alright, before I rip them, a preview for your viewing pleasure:
IPB Image
A VAST improvement, if I say so myself.
I'll have to do some editing on the cliff wall to water transition, but it shouldn't be TOO hard... Migokalle, could you PM me a link to your quest? I need it for pallettes.

Edited by Ebola Zaire, 21 June 2007 - 01:22 PM.

#30 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:47 PM

if you are actually able to pull off the entire Lufia tiles into a ZC palette, then I would be more than willing to work with it. Great tilesets like these would drive me back to making another quest. Keep it up Migokalle!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users