Elder Scrolls Quest Tileset

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:12 AM

Well(Most of my post usually starts with a ''Well'' and I have no intention in stopping now!), I'm making a Elder Scrolls Quest. Woohooo! But I want a real cool tileset to make it with, DUH! But I don't want to use those ''Classic Zelda type tilesets'' like DoR or Pure. I want something more realistic! Actually, I have been thinking about making my own. AND I have even tried to use the Pokemon Tilesets out there, but none of them fits this type of quest. I know Revfan once tried to make a tileset that looked really really cool! (Revfan, if you're reading this, could you send me what you where able to make? I know you didn't finish it, or atleast, that was what I was told!) but as I said: I was told that he didn't finish it. If anyone else has a tileset that they think would fit this type of quest, PLEASE bother to help me out!
*Your friendly Norwegian Spider-Migokalle-Man*
PS: I drawed the spider-man in my awatar! YAY!

#2 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:48 AM

biting off more than you can chew from what I see of your sig. Might want to finish your previous quests before starting up something else that may end up not being finished anyway. Focus on one thing at a time Migo.

#3 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:19 PM

@Migokalle: Well, good luck. You're going to need it...

@Back to the Future Boy: Uhhhhh.... what? And we can read the text if it's normal sized. Never Fear - Duplicate Account banned! Ignore, etc. ~ShadowTiger

#4 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:30 AM

Hehe. Well... Those are just ''ideas'' that I have. I'm not really working on them as of right now. The first thing I'm going to finish will most likely be the elder scrolls quest or another I have in mind, that I don't want to go public with just yet;). But then again, I can't start making the elder scrolls quest without having a tileset, can I? So please, give me some help in finding a tileset that fits this type of quest. I've allready tried ''Seiken Denestu 3 tileset'' but it's missing alot of stuff that I would need. And I can't bother going through the game to find them. But you could also just point out a game with nice graphics for me, if that's any easier.
Offtopic: Happy birthday DarkFlameWolf

#5 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:25 PM

Hmmm.... well, I've always wanted to see a Golden Sun tileset, and if you've ever played the game, you know that there's a pretty wide variety of stuff... only problem is, I've never been able to find a ROM. Or, more correctly, I've never been able to find a ROM on a site that didn't give me 16 popus.>_<

I've heard that Lufia 4 had good graphics, but I have never played it.

#6 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:36 PM

Hm... Lufia 4's graphics might actually be good for an Oblivion quest, and the second village in the game would be good, because it's a city, so it'd be easy to use the tiles from there to establish a city, kind of like the ones in Oblivion. I've played Oblivion a bit, so I get the jist of it...

#7 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:52 PM

Cool, what platform is lufia 4 for?
And ofcourse, if I decided to use the graphics and there isn't allready a tileset for it, I would submit it!

Edited by Migokalle, 20 June 2007 - 12:55 PM.

#8 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:09 PM

I believe (99%) that Lufia is for the GBA... so you'd probably have to do some hunting to get a ROM.

#9 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:35 PM

hunting? me? nonono! I found it just by searching ''lufia 4''... lol.
those graphics are very nice and they remind me of seiken denestu 3.
I'll start ripping right away! I can't promise I'll ever finish it, cause you know... Somthing awful could happen to me. But I'll do my best in making it. And if the tileset is ever realesed, I can't promise it would be very orginized.
EDIT: Ehh... Well... The tiles in lufia uses an awfull lot of colors... But I guess it's possible to find a souloution. But hey, I've heard about that ''256 color'' thingy. Is it possible to use 256 colors in one tile, or am I misunderstanding it? Please explain.

Edited by Migokalle, 20 June 2007 - 01:43 PM.

#10 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:45 PM

Hold on. Radien answered this for me a while ago... here's the thread. Just look for his post.
http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=28697

#11 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:04 PM

Cool, Thankie! Shalom for now

#12 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:27 PM

I started working on it a bit... but you could do it too XD. I'm much to lazy anyway.

#13 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:09 PM

Heh... I started now... all i got now is a tree.... but then again, it's only been 3 minutes... and even if you did finish it, I would still submit mine... Cause it'll have other stuff in too! YAY XD

#14 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:23 PM

Ehh, mine's really only because I'm bored. I probably won't finish it... but I'd like to see a plain Ruins of Lore Tileset, rather than having extra stuff.

#15 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:50 AM

Well... You'll probably see a plain one... But with extra stuff... or, I don't know if I'm gonna need extra stuff... but anyways, the tileset will probably be very complete with many lufia 4 tiles!
And quess what! I've got a little screenie of what I've got yet.
I've only been working in an hour or so, but the results are quite nice:
IPB Image
And feel free to use the tiles as you want, just give credit.... but don't upload them to PureZC... I wanna do that. XD.
Please give me ideas and maybe tiles from other games that would fit this quest/tileset good. Thanks!
And Ebola Zaire and Moonwhisper, you're going into the credits of the tileset and hopefully quest. Thanks for leading me to this great graphical masterpiece!
YAY!

Edited by Migokalle, 21 June 2007 - 03:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users