Defender

• Members

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:29 PM

Link's Birthday ep 1 is not there what happened to it? icon_confused.gif

#47 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:29 AM

Now that's odd...I could have sworn it had uploaded correctly. Youtube's been giving me problems as of late, so I can't say I'm surprised it didn't upload. Oh well, I'm re-uploading now. icon_smile.gif

@Mariolink263:
You are awesome. I'm now using that to do my LP's now, since it can get both game audio and microphone input as well. Thank you for sharing that. icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT:
Video one is now up. For sure. I'll make the playlist once I finish my little uploading spree. icon_razz.gif

Double Edit:
Playlist ready and added.

#48 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:51 PM

Whatever happened to the separate video you mentioned at the end of part 6 of the Lava Paradise LP?

#49 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:46 PM

Blaman how do you get ZC to not slow down and glitch up its sound with that program I'm have vista

#50 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:18 PM

@Sephiroth: The video didn't go up? I thought I uploaded it already... Hm... Oh well. I'll just give you the basic idea of what I said in it.

It's a good dungeon and I had fun with it. The design was nice, screens looked good and so on. But, I'd suggest making the red not so bright and whatnot. Also, if possible, I'd try to get it so that once you solve a block puzzle, you don't need to keep solving it in the event you die. I personally think that it's a bit of a cruel punishment, even if there are shortcuts.

Now, you also mentioned there were more shortcuts, so I won't comment on those. Though may I suggest a savepoint at the beginning? This way, players don't have to do a mad dash to get to the savepoint and can actually take breaks. At first, I actually thought I was going to have to do the whole thing in one shot.

Now, I really liked the dungeon, but I wanted to offer my criticisms over my praises since I figure that's what you wanted from this. icon_razz.gif

Apologies, by the way, for it taking so long.

@Nightmeres: I'm not sure. I just hit record and things go fine for me. Are you using GDI mode or MPEG mode?

#51 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:33 PM

MPEG because youtube doesn't except the other or am i wrong icon_confused.gif

#52 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:55 PM

I've actually yet to upload anything I've recorded from when I've used BBFlash yet. Though when you record a video, it'll create a file in which you use to export an AVI from, which Youtube should accept. (Though you'll want to compress the video, since from my experiences, AVIs are giant.)

#53 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:10 PM

one how do you convert an AVI?

and two AVI format glitches my sound even further how do I fix this icon_confused.gif

#54 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:19 PM

That's odd...

To convert to AVI, you open your video with BBFlash Express player and there should be an option under 'File' to export. You can also export it as a SWF, but that's flash and you won't be able to upload that.

As for speeding things up a bit, may I ask what window size you're using when you record? I usually use 320x240 when I'm recording. Try that and see if it'll give you any extra speed. icon_smile.gif

#55 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:24 PM

i meant compress a avi and i use the normal size when zc opens up the window size and how do I change the size?

Edited by Nightmeres, 05 August 2010 - 03:27 PM.

#56 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:40 PM

Oh, compressed ones. I'm not sure. This is where I won't be that helpful. If it helps any, I use the TechSmith Capture codec.

If you have ZLaunch, you can chance the size of the window in there under the ZC tab.

#57 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE(Blaman @ Aug 5 2010, 02:18 PM) View Post

@Sephiroth: The video didn't go up? I thought I uploaded it already... Hm... Oh well. I'll just give you the basic idea of what I said in it.

It's a good dungeon and I had fun with it. The design was nice, screens looked good and so on. But, I'd suggest making the red not so bright and whatnot. Also, if possible, I'd try to get it so that once you solve a block puzzle, you don't need to keep solving it in the event you die. I personally think that it's a bit of a cruel punishment, even if there are shortcuts.

Now, you also mentioned there were more shortcuts, so I won't comment on those. Though may I suggest a savepoint at the beginning? This way, players don't have to do a mad dash to get to the savepoint and can actually take breaks. At first, I actually thought I was going to have to do the whole thing in one shot.

Now, I really liked the dungeon, but I wanted to offer my criticisms over my praises since I figure that's what you wanted from this. icon_razz.gif

Apologies, by the way, for it taking so long.

No problem.

Regarding the save point deal, in the full quest, the save point will be right outside the dungeon instead of on the first room. You didn't get that luxury though since the demo you played through didn't include any of the overworld. Regarding the pallete, I could try modifying it a bit. And the block puzzles, I kinda liked them like they'd work on actual dungeon dmaps, where the secrets aren't permanent, but maybe I would make a change or two to lessen that a bit. I tried later in the dungeon by placing locked doors in the rooms to make them one-timers though. Thanks again for the comments, I really appreciate it.

#58 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:02 PM

Blaman whats your next LP icon_confused.gif

#59 Mariolink263

Mariolink263

Senior

• Members

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:24 PM

It also compresses to FLV, which youtube accepts. Or, the player has an upload to youtube button, but it's slow.

#60 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:18 AM

@Sephiroth: Aha! I thought there might have been a save point outside (would make sense, non?) but I just wanted to be certain, which is why I brought it up. (I actually mentioned it in the video, that I figure there might be a save point outside. icon_razz.gif) As for the block puzzles, I see where you're coming from. I just found it a bit troubling when I died that I knew I would have to do it again. But then again, you've got shortcuts fairly well spread so that you don't have to worry too much.

@Nightmeres: Not sure yet. I'll have to finish my Adventure Island 2 Let's Play soon, but that's not related to ZC. (But does need to get done. icon_razz.gif) For my next quest, I've been thinking about one known as <Insert Quest Title Here>.

@Mariolink263: It exports to FLV? Huh. I didn't know that. I thought it was SWF and AVI. Though for editing, I need AVI. icon_razz.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users