• Banned

Posted 05 September 2005 - 05:31 PM

What does "No U" mean?

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 05:46 PM

Oh, as far as I know, it's a 4chanesque fad, denying someone the variety respect that is usually gathered from being on the internet in the first place. It's basically like denying the already existing meager portions of "cool" that inhabit the personas of those online.

icon_deformed.gif

Heh. Yeah, I really don't know. icon_razz.gif I'm sure someone will come along who ACTUALLY KNOWS. If I had to guess though, I'd say my estimation was close. icon_shrug.gif

#3 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:06 PM

Let's just say that it was a stupid fad.

It's passed.

#4 EcKoRed

EcKoRed

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:06 PM

"No, You?" Just like it's said.

"Hey You Go to The Club tonight?"

"No, You?"

#5 Guest_Raven (Guest)

Guest_Raven (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:03 PM

It's not a response to a question.

It's "No, you!"

Yes, I go to 4chan

#6 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:37 PM

1) It's not a stupid fad.
2) ~tKo~: No, that's not how it's used.

You pretty much say it to people when you...
gah, ask Ben or someone who goes to 4chan. Raven pretty much hit the nail on the head.

#7 Jaivaz

Jaivaz

God of Death

• Banned

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:28 PM

It is a fad from 4chan's /b/, a place I frequent often, and is often uttered for the sake of doing so by /b/tards (people who frequent /b/) or people who think it's cool because everyone is doing it.

The definition is basically easy to show in the following example

X: I believe that you are a(n) Z!
Y: NO U!
NO U! meaning "No, this applies to you and not me."

NO U

EDIT: Typoes will rape your first-born.

Edited by Jaivaz, 05 September 2005 - 08:36 PM.

#8 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:34 PM

Now that I know what this phrase means, and means exactly what I originally thought it meant, I think that it is a silly phrase. If someone says "No U" to me, I will ignore it. There is no point responding to it.

#9 August Yifu

August Yifu

Magus

• Banned

Posted 05 September 2005 - 10:54 PM

Fads like this are fun. Heh, I actually registered the nickname "NO_U" on the chat server.

#10 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 10:57 PM

Jai has covered it for me, but I'll give you the definition from the 4chan wiki.

QUOTE(4chan wiki)
NO U!

Usually accompanied by a picture of someone pointing, NO U is slang for No, you. The comment simply implies that a particular poster ought to apply his suggestion to himself. That is, if Anonymous says "That chick needs to shave her box" and Anonymous replies "NO U!" he is exhorting the first Anonymous to shave his box. Most frequently accompained by a picture of a yelling asian man with his pointing hand shopped into various places. Origin unknown.

Yesh, it and other 4chan meme's own j00 all.

#11 Ccc

Ccc

Adept

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 11:05 PM

Now that I know what it is its more stupid than I thought it was before. All fads suck.

#12 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 12:23 AM

I thought it was something along that line. I check 4chan out occasionally. Interesting though.

#13 Stungun

Stungun

Warrior of Light

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 01:40 AM

We need to stop the influx of 4chan stuff to this site. My intelligence level has been steadilly dropping ever since...when was that again? Oh yes. Ever since I heard of 4chan. (parahraph sarcasm, in case you didn't detect it)

That said, people putting it in thier avatars randomly was slightly amusing the first time, but then it just got annoying.

I did like the one where some user (I think it ws Gashin) took a picture of a "U Turns Prohibited" sign and had "NO U" over it. That one was funny.

#14 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 10:58 AM

Let's just say that it was a stupid fad.

NO U

Now that I know what this phrase means, and means exactly what I originally thought it meant, I think that it is a silly phrase. If someone says "No U" to me, I will ignore it. There is no point responding to it.

NO U

Now that I know what it is its more stupid than I thought it was before. All fads suck.

NO U

We need to stop the influx of 4chan stuff to this site. My intelligence level has been steadilly dropping ever since...when was that again? Oh yes. Ever since I heard of 4chan. (parahraph sarcasm, in case you didn't detect it)

NO U

Edited by Ben, 06 September 2005 - 11:00 AM.

#15 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 11:21 AM

... I read that and laughed. Why? Because I see that all the time from Ben. Wherever, whenever.

Fads can be so addictive sometimes. Some people see such merit and worth in something that others can't believe such merit can exist. But, ... hey, ... Ben's not a moron. Not in the least. If Ben has found some sort of merit in it, I'm glad for him. (Just as long as not too many people get ticked off at him for it. icon_razz.gif )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users