Zelda Classic 2.50 RC5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
234 replies to this topic

#211 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Pretty much, yeah. Not something I want to mess with.

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Nov 22 2012, 07:04 AM) View Post
Not sure if this is valid in the recent builds, but in RC3 in Lost Isle, whenever viewing one of the later (after level 2) cutscenes with dialogue, your hitbox moves slightly to the right every time. Gossip stones love to move your hit box. After viewing so many, your hitbox is so screwed up....to climb down a ladder, you have to move your Link graphic 3 tiles right of the ladder to climb down a seeming rock face! WTF?

Still need an update on this. Does anyone know if it's still happening?

#212 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Okay so ZC was randomly playing midis from my quest at the file select screen after I retried. O_o

EDIT: I've tried to recreate this but have been unable to. This is rather bizarre.

#213 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

Another issue with the MIDI patch fix. Easy to fix.

#214 Frocks7Snee

Frocks7Snee

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

I found a bug/ awkward thing in the zquest editor. If you press any key while on the string attributes screen, the text box will appear out of nowhere in the same position it's in in the string editor screen, covering up the text box tile select. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but it's really wierd. icon_freak.gif

#215 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE(HylianGlaceon @ Dec 11 2012, 02:55 AM) View Post
It seems you can Raft on any solid object with flag #8 even if it doesn't have Water as it's combo type. This I'm fine with. However, if you attempt to scroll a screen to a solid combo with flag #8 on the other side that is not a Water combo, it refuses to cross over and gets you stuck in the wall. Changing the combo to Water did work, but I had to make a few extra tiles which I was hoping I would not have to.

Are you sure it's not just that Link wasn't lined up correctly? That's the only way I'm seeing it not work.

#216 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Dec 17 2012, 07:37 PM) View Post

Are you sure it's not just that Link wasn't lined up correctly? That's the only way I'm seeing it not work.

I don't know, it is lined up correctly from what I can see. One thing I realized is it's a Ladder/Hookshot solid combo, not just a regular solid combo, so maybe that has something to do with it:

Pic 1
Pic 2

In ZC, Link gets stuck and doesn't cross over:
IPB Image

Changing the combos to water on the border allows Link to raft fine still for some reason.

(Also yeah, that's green tunic Link turning blue under a red transparent combo throughout the level..)

Staff note - The pictures you posted were a tad on the big side, so I made them links for you. icon_smile.gif

#217 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

Oh, I thought you were talking about walking onto a raft combo on the next screen. Is that one the dungeon DMap?

#218 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Dec 17 2012, 09:53 PM) View Post

Oh, I thought you were talking about walking onto a raft combo on the next screen. Is that one the dungeon DMap?

Yeah, only on Dungeon Dmap. Link ignores the Raft flag on the other side and does the Dungeon dmap walk-in instead. It's the same room setup in the first picture.

I can also confirm that on the Dungeon DMap Link refuses to cross over unless there's a water combo there too, just like on the Interior DMap.

#219 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

Your program hated me 3 years ago. It still hates me today.

Anyway, the attached quest below has its Blue Leevers...broken. They refuse to rise from the ground in order, instead rising up all at once. I have tried to duplicate this bug in a different quest, but to no avail. At this point I have no idea what's wrong, so, I'm just going to have to toss my quest over to people who know more and hope he/she can figure it out.

And by figure it out I mean hit it with a hammer until it obeys.

Here you go: Problem solved? Either way, guessing people have gotten this already.
Once the problem has been resolved, this link will be taken down.

(Oh, yeah, and, I tried creating an enemy duplicating a Blue Leever. Still broken.)

(This is occuring in RC5...if that even matters. I was told to drop a bug report here. If I misinterpreted what I was told, I'm sorry.)

Edited by Darkmatt, 18 December 2012 - 06:13 PM.

#220 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE(Darkmatt @ Dec 19 2012, 03:25 AM) View Post

Your program hated me 3 years ago. It still hates me today.

Anyway, the attached quest below has its Blue Leevers...broken. They refuse to rise from the ground in order, instead rising up all at once. I have tried to duplicate this bug in a different quest, but to no avail. At this point I have no idea what's wrong, so, I'm just going to have to toss my quest over to people who know more and hope he/she can figure it out.

Not a bug. This was intentional - The Red and Blue Leevers behave differently and if my memory serves me correct, they behaved like that in Z1. Want them to act like Red Leevers? Set the misc. attributes to the same as the red leevers.

#221 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

No, the blue ones are supposed to come up one at a time. It's an issue with the BS Animation quest rule. I've got it fixed, but not committed yet.

#222 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(c00ln3rd @ Dec 17 2012, 05:23 AM) View Post

I found a bug/ awkward thing in the zquest editor. If you press any key while on the string attributes screen, the text box will appear out of nowhere in the same position it's in in the string editor screen, covering up the text box tile select. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but it's really wierd. icon_freak.gif

I can confirm this... however, I'd like to require it be kept in. I take advantage of it for when I need to make a lot of strings that all have text boxes I need to set in the attributes tab. It saves a few mouse clicks and makes life easier. So if at all possible, don't change this one please.

#223 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

Hi again, two more things..

#1 - Using a Whistle without the One Whirlwind Per Screen box checked causes a Whirlwind to come when you stand on a tile that has the whistle flag used to activate secrets. If the box is checked it doesn't spawn a whirlwind when on that combo with the whistle flag, is that the intentional way for it to work?

#2 - Using the Roc's Feather, it's possible to slip between certain solid combos. There are multiple ways and it has to be setup a certain way for it to actually be able to get by something. I doubt anyone is really going to abuse this, but here is one example on how to get around something..

IPB Image
Basically, line yourself up on the top half of the tile and hold the right directional button. Now use the Feather and as the jumping anmation is about to end, gently tap the up directional button once and Link will partially go through the top half of the solid combo as well as get partially stuck.
IPB Image
As you can see Link is partially stuck in the solid rock combo, you can easily walk out to the left or up still. Now keep doing it and eventually you can go to the right side. It's pretty difficult to do it to get through the solid combo, but it is possible.
IPB Image

(Note: This is the non-diagonal walking rule on too. The Feather I used for this was set for 1 on the Height Multiplier as well. I've been able to do it with a Feather with the Height Multiplier set to 2, but it's quite a bit more difficult..)

Both of these are pretty minor at least. I sure seem to post here a lot as of late..

#224 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

Quick question, how many active subscreens can you have?

#225 Frocks7Snee

Frocks7Snee

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE(Russ @ Dec 18 2012, 03:11 PM) View Post

I can confirm this... however, I'd like to require it be kept in. I take advantage of it for when I need to make a lot of strings that all have text boxes I need to set in the attributes tab. It saves a few mouse clicks and makes life easier. So if at all possible, don't change this one please.
If this IS kept in, the text box tile select box should be moved to the bottom right when you make the text box appear. It just covers it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users