Help with The Islands of Zelda

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#166 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:36 PM

Haven't played this quest in awhile. Looking for the large wallet and din's fire.

#167 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:34 AM

Din's Fire is hidden on Harbor Island.  If you have the Lens of Truth, use that to look for what you've gotta' do.

If not, here's what to look for:

Umm... I'm not sure which wallet you mean when you say the "large" wallet.

• If you mean the biggest wallet that holds 999 rupees, it's in the Big Island Sewerways.  You'll need the fire boomerang to reach it.
  • If by "large" you mean the first wallet which allows you to hold 500 rupees, that's actually to the north of the level 5 entrance.  You only need the ladder to reach it.   ;)

Edited by Lightwulf, 27 March 2015 - 01:39 AM.

#168 Spelunker

Spelunker

• Members

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:31 AM

Din's Fire is hidden on Harbor Island.  If you have the Lens of Truth, use that to look for what you've gotta' do.

If not, here's what to look for:

Umm... I'm not sure which wallet you mean when you say the "large" wallet.

• If you mean the biggest wallet that holds 999 rupees, it's in the Big Island Sewerways.  You'll need the fire boomerang to reach it.
  •  
  • If by "large" you mean the first wallet which allows you to hold 500 rupees, that's actually to the north of the level 5 entrance.  You only need the ladder to reach it.   ;)
  •  

Thanks, I meant the biggest wallet. I've been through the sewerways and the sewer dungeon but still haven't found it.

I have the wand but missing the magic book. Where is that?

Edited by Spelunker, 27 March 2015 - 10:53 AM.

#169 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:50 PM

The magic book is hidden in Forest Island Cove, off the southeastern corner of Forest Island.  

Assuming you've already been there:
You need the boss key to get it, though;  not sure if you found that yet, but you get the boss key from some Stalfos 3 enemies.

You're saying you've been all the way through the sewerways and still haven't found the biggest wallet?  :blink:  It's in a chest up on a pedestal that you climb up some stairs to reach.  It's in plain sight!  If you haven't seen it, that means you haven't gone all the way through the sewerways (and you're right, I'm not talking about the sewer dungeon).  If you don't have the fire boomerang yet, you'll need it to proceed further.  If you do have the fire boomerang, maybe you didn't trigger the secret there yet.  It's a secret similar to one of the first few rooms in level 2 (see the statue?).

If you've found the map to the sewerways (to the right of the secret entrance through the tree), you should see how far you're able to go.  If not, it's just to the right of the northern stairway (which is accessed via the secret tree entrance on the far northwestern side of Big Island); you walk through the wall there to find it.

Hope this helps! :)

#170 Spelunker

Spelunker

• Members

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:13 PM

The magic book is hidden in Forest Island Cove, off the southeastern corner of Forest Island.  

Assuming you've already been there:
You need the boss key to get it, though;  not sure if you found that yet, but you get the boss key from some Stalfos 3 enemies.

You're saying you've been all the way through the sewerways and still haven't found the biggest wallet?  :blink:  It's in a chest up on a pedestal that you climb up some stairs to reach.  It's in plain sight!  If you haven't seen it, that means you haven't gone all the way through the sewerways (and you're right, I'm not talking about the sewer dungeon).  If you don't have the fire boomerang yet, you'll need it to proceed further.  If you do have the fire boomerang, maybe you didn't trigger the secret there yet.  It's a secret similar to one of the first few rooms in level 2 (see the statue?).

If you've found the map to the sewerways (to the right of the secret entrance through the tree), you should see how far you're able to go.  If not, it's just to the right of the northern stairway (which is accessed via the secret tree entrance on the far northwestern side of Big Island); you walk through the wall there to find it.

Hope this helps! :)

Got it, thanks. I forgot about that tree up north :shiver:

Edited by Spelunker, 27 March 2015 - 04:15 PM.

• Lightwulf likes this

#171 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:23 PM

t9KVT8O.png

In the big island sewerways, apparently I've been to the east-most room, but I can't remember how I got there to save my life. I've been searching for a bit and haven't found a way back.

Obviously, as the map shows, I've found three other entrances to the sewer system.

Spoiler

Edited by Marv Albert, 28 March 2015 - 01:24 PM.

#172 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:32 PM

That room on the right is from the forest cove cave where you got the magic book in.

To fully explore this area, you need fire boomerang and probably should get cross

• Lightwulf likes this

#173 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:45 AM

The pix is right!  :)

Not sure if you knew it, but you get the fire boomerang in level 8.  That's a requirement to get any further in the sewerways.

#174 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:40 AM

I don't know what to do in Level 8.  The purple tentacle thing says to get the fire boomer in the locked cabinet but I can't find a second key.  I only got the one on the roof and I've looked everywhere, used the lens everywhere, etc.  Hint?  

#175 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:08 AM

You need to first disable the guard blocking the main lighthouse entrance.  Go through there a bit, make sure you have mirror shield, go up a couple floors or so.  Eventually you reach a room back in the house section with some various wizzrobes.  There's a key in the dresser if you look carefully

• Lightwulf likes this

#176 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:26 PM

Oh.  The problem is I don't have the mirror shield.  I was supposed to get it before Level 8?

#177 CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539

Lord of Cyberspace

• Members

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:29 PM

Question:  Is the Master Sword in this quest?  Just wondering.

#178 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:45 PM

Oh.  The problem is I don't have the mirror shield.  I was supposed to get it before Level 8?

Yes.  Did you look in the Misty Cave east of the town?  Do you have the lens from the sewers?

Question:  Is the Master Sword in this quest?  Just wondering.

Yes.  You're hinted at the spot to search from the ship captain.  There's a maze path to pass through to get there (can use lens)

• Lightwulf and CyberGamer1539 like this

#179 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:56 PM

Yes I had the lens, and no I didn't explore that cave before going to L8.  Obviously that was a mistake.  The mirror shield is now mine and I'm back on my way.  Thanks!

• Lightwulf likes this

#180 linkismyhero

linkismyhero

Senior

• Members

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:37 AM

What is the maze path in the mist cave? I have the lens and magic sword.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users