Title screens?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FireStorm

FireStorm

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:44 AM

I see custom title screens for many quests I play, and I would like to know how some of them are done. People make custom Legend of Zelda signs, etc., and I would like to do the same. Any designing tips for implementing a title screen?

#2 a guy and his game

a guy and his game

Wizard

• Members

Posted 21 January 2005 - 03:21 PM

If you're going to make a title screen, the background usually has to be fitting. You can show a key scene from your quest, the main characters, the main enemy(s), or the purpose of the quest (eg: Triforce). Usually, people make monochrome title screens. Just make your title in color.
It's usually easiest to use a template title unless you have enough spare time to make your own.

That's all the advice I can offer.

#3 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 January 2005 - 04:25 PM

I would also suggest making your title screen outside of ZQuest's tile editor, because to make things that span multiple tiles, ZQuest can be a pain.

If you take a screenshot in ZC (of whatever) when it's using the palette you want to use, erase whatever's on it and make your title screen there; that way you can make it much easier to rip into ZQuest.

#4 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 21 January 2005 - 05:09 PM

Yeah it's very hard to make huge stuff in Zquest. Try making it in some paint program like Mircrosoft Paint or ask someone.
You can also use the ones in the database. icon_shrug.gif Most of them are very good. Why don't you check some of them out? There's even a Gbc OoS and OoA ones.

Edited by cool mike, 21 January 2005 - 05:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users