Photo

What is your ZQ Special Skill?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your ZQ Special Skill?

What is your ZQ Special Skill?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 07:45 PM

I chose plot making. I'm fairly imaginative, so my storyline is to be great, exept that I use ZC so little that it's barely advancing at all.

For example, all I've done since the fall expo is add a few screens to the overworld. I think i'll go work on it now.

#17 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE(khazmodius)
No, you can't make an animated arrow, with a different animation in each direction. I've tried, and I'm fairly sure of this. If I'm wrong, though, and you figure out how, and show me, I'll, uh... give you a nut! A salted nut!  Wait, no, I don't think Gmail lets you upload that type of file...

Make the arrow one shape. A sphere or a square; even all-around. Then it looks right. icon_smile.gif

My skill, dunno. Everything is well-balanced now.

#18 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 09:51 PM

I actually say tricks. I'm fairly imaginative, and come up with different ideas. I actually just usually have a hard time constructed them to how I like and how it's really easily functional due to ZQ's limits. icon_shrug.gif

#19 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 09:56 PM

I would have to say my ZQ skill is plot making. I want to be an Author when I decide to quit my computer job. Anyway story writting is my thing. I decided to maybe find a program that would allow me to make my own video games. And I found ZQ. Now I can do two things I love, write "stories" and write "video games" ha ha ha.

#20 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:47 AM

I chose "other" because I suck at all of the above. Ripping tiles would probably be what I'm best at. :-\

#21 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 26 February 2005 - 05:26 PM

Tricks! I've planned that I will have four secret dungeons, three of which wil be near each other. I've also got to dedicate 4 maps to overworld. My overworld is kinda like the OoT ooverworld. icon_sweat.gif

#22 Highsight

Highsight

Jake Wins

• Members

Posted 26 February 2005 - 05:47 PM

Gashin & Radien: I agree you guys are great with tiles. icon_biggrin.gif For me they are my one weakness. icon_razz.gif

Raiden: Heh I agree with the Making ZQ Crash part. icon_razz.gif I do that ALL the time. (Gets really frustrating. icon_wacky.gif)

lord_jamitossi & Nate: I too try to make good plots but I usually try to make them as a go. It is fun untill you run into a whole. icon_wacky.gif

#23 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 27 February 2005 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE(khazmodius @ Feb 25 2005, 11:11 AM)
No, you can't make an animated arrow, with a different animation in each direction.  I've tried, and I'm fairly sure of this.  If I'm wrong, though, and you figure out how, and show me, I'll, uh... give you a nut!  A salted nut!  icon_razz.gif  Wait, no, I don't think Gmail lets you upload that type of file...

Just noticed this earlier post...

Well, there is technically a way to do it, but only if you hold it in high priority. I'm talking about combo-cycling the CSet your arrow uses. However, this would require:

1. a whole CSet set aside for combo cycling, and
2. use of that combo cycle on every Level palette in the game.

Unless you can spare a CSet between 0 and 7, and you don't need combo cycling for anything else, it probably won't quite be worthwhile.

Linkman90:

Keep at it! If I hadn't started tile-editing by necessity, I wouldn't be doing it now... and I quite enjoy it, lately. icon_smile.gif

#24 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 28 February 2005 - 08:21 AM

I'd say animation, but I haven't worked on ZQuest, let alone my quest in some time. I might be getting rusty.

#25 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 February 2005 - 09:53 AM

I'm not quite sure what I do, really.

I tend to make quests filled with quality over quantity, to which the ratio is quite slanted toward quality. It has almost no quantity in comparison. But still, the stuff is there.

I tend to spend about 3/5 of my time in the tiles screen alone, doing tilework. I find slapping down combos and such far too annoying/tedius to take seriously. Making Dmaps and other technical details I don't mind though. It's just that actually putting down combos, takes SO LONG. icon_wacky.gif

So I'll say Details, Tiles, and Imagination are my specialties. In that order. I'm also okay with ripping, .. in that "upper class"y type connection.

#26 Highsight

Highsight

Jake Wins

• Members

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:58 PM

SwordOfSeals: Ya I am pretty good at animating things but it depends on what I am animating. (Sprites, Items etc...)

BH4: I think that you do a great job with details too. It might take a while but it is worth it to make your quests look good. icon_biggrin.gif

#27 venom343

venom343

Senior

• Members

Posted 28 February 2005 - 05:53 PM

im probably best at making tiles in zquest.i also like to make stories and stuff to though icon_heh.gif

#28 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 28 February 2005 - 07:47 PM

The best sprite I have ever made was my nayru's love diamond, which isn't that great anyway. I still think I'm better at tricks.

#29 Hero_of_Hyrule

Hero_of_Hyrule

Wizard

• Members

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:28 AM

I'd consider myself to be best at dungeon layouts, and then at adding details. I'm getting pretty good at doing tricks as well, but I still have a hard time making good puzzles. icon_razz.gif

#30 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:10 AM

Well, I suck at tiles and details, however, I think my dungeon layouts, puzzles, and tricks are good. Well, actually I am not sure yet. But I guess we will see when my game is released, to see what everyone says. But I think I am good at dungeon layouts. icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users