Photo

Of murderous eyes and a great, big friendly smile.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:06 PM

... Ugh.

I got home from work today, and not five minutes after I sit down to the PC to see what I'd missed of the day while I was away, my mom comes downstairs with "good news and bad news." Apparently, my mom's friends would be here in twenty minutes, having come all the way from the west coast to visit people and to drop off their two kids at the Harry Potter Party in Manhatten. We leapt out of our chairs and couches and whatnot to vacuum, scrub, wash, clean, and make anything they might see look more presentable than it already was. Futile, perhaps. They have seen dirt before, I think, and have a fairly messy house themselves. Oh well. One-upping one another is the nature of humanity after all.

So arrive they did, and waddled up to the door, greeting us with wobbly hugs and soft yet obnoxious voices. We ushered them into our nearly sparkling yet eternally cluttered home and I offered them each a cool refreshing drink after their long drive in the summer's abysmal heat. I believe they were speaking ever since they had meandered down our quint block and into our driveway in their minivan, and had paused only briefly to inquire as to the well-being of their waterboy. I was all too happy to impart upon them with my tale of working at Ace Hardware, which I appear to be passing a story of the same length to you all, as they had cut me short with an impatient "Ahuh" and continued with their ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE story of how their harpsichord had once come in a box.

The evening went on like that. The jiggling woman would occasionally burst into random song, with her husband rudely nudged into joining her, and she eyed us as if we were late in joining in, which we apparently were forced into doing as such. She would hold the floor in her conversations with us, occasionally asking a question of her tag along driver and wearer of her other wedding ring to reply with an immediate "Yes dear" and went on conversing with us as we sat with our hands folded in our laps and the twitch in our eyes suppressed as best we could. I'm more glad that they're gone than you could imagine.

I hate people. -.-

#2 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:17 PM

Ugh... They sound so obnoxious and rude... I would hate to be in a situation like yours. icon_frown.gif

#3 Sprotret

Sprotret

What do you mean I don't believe in god?

• Banned

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jul 20 2007, 08:06 PM) View Post

I hate people. -.-

You do... icon_cry.gif Well If those people would of came to my house I would feel the same way. They seem to me like they smelled really bad too.

#4 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:28 PM

Talkative, bossy people suck more than most other people do. I'd have snapped or something, I hate it when people try to make me their project.

I'm glad they're gone too, not only so you could get a reprieve...

#5 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:22 AM

Ugh, I know what you mean.... I have a friend who is both obnoxious and rude... yet quiet and doesn't have many friends. He just interupts all the time and gets really angry when stuff doesn't go his way.

#6 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:27 AM

Times like that are when bathrooms turn into an oasis of calm in the midst of the storm around you. I know the feeling.

#7 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE(Koopa @ Jul 21 2007, 10:27 AM) View Post
Times like that are when bathrooms turn into an oasis of calm in the midst of the storm around you. I know the feeling.
Probably even moreso when you can lock them in there.

#8 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jul 20 2007, 09:06 PM) View Post

... Ugh.

I got home from work today, and not five minutes after I sit down to the PC to see what I'd missed of the day while I was away, my mom comes downstairs with "good news and bad news." Apparently, my mom's friends would be here in twenty minutes, having come all the way from the west coast to visit people and to drop off their two kids at the Harry Potter Party in Manhatten. We leapt out of our chairs and couches and whatnot to vacuum, scrub, wash, clean, and make anything they might see look more presentable than it already was. Futile, perhaps. They have seen dirt before, I think, and have a fairly messy house themselves. Oh well. One-upping one another is the nature of humanity after all.

Sounds like my mom when it comes to expected guests....

Anyways, I know how you feel; you'd rather make more time and space for blowing up swarms of sewer rats rather than listen to a pompous dictator's story about something that's completely ignorant. (Harpsichord in a box? How else do they come?) Yep, that's the honest truth.

#9 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE(Koopa @ Jul 21 2007, 03:27 PM) View Post

Not if the guests arrive while you're using the bath or shower and need to leave the room wearing only a towel yet greet them at the same time.

#10 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 04:03 PM

Sounds like a classic story to me. Everyone has relatives or friends of relatives that we find really annoying characteristics about, but at the same time we still love them.

The type who constantly interrupt seem to be somewhat on their own planet, as they must be the center of attention. What is going on with others is of little concern to them if they don't see how it pertains to them in some way. It is self-centered behavior that most people, including their own type, find annoying.

#11 Spantac

Spantac

Magus

• Members

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:44 AM

Ugh, those are the some of worst kind of people.

Wish I had a harpsichord.

#12 MarioBrosCom

MarioBrosCom

Adept

• Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:38 AM

I'm glad that nobody in my family is like that (at least, nobody that I know of or at least see every one in a while).

#13 Me(Who Else?)

Me(Who Else?)

Senior

• Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:11 AM

It''s times like that when all you can do (That's Legal of course) is tell them as sarcastically as you can "Gee, I wish My harpsicord came in a box."
Somtimes they actually get so pissed that they leave early.

#14 jimbob

jimbob

Accepting that no-one will get my avatar.

• Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE(Me(Who Else?) @ Jul 26 2007, 04:11 PM) View Post

It''s times like that when all you can do (That's Legal of course) is tell them as sarcastically as you can "Gee, I wish My harpsicord came in a box."
Somtimes they actually get so pissed that they leave early.

"... but they didn't have a box for my harpsichord... when they built it inside Hampton Court... for Henry VIII to play."

Not all people are like that, I assure you.

Unfortunately, there are some people who have never got the hint that they're not the centre of the universe, and therefore their anecdotes aren't as entertaining as "Best of 50 Years of Stand Up", or... ya know, the sound of a man dying of terminal flatulence. My dad has a customer like that on his delivery. She interrupts his delivery, isn't interested in anything anyone else has to say, and make him play with her dog (we're not dog people). She's upset everyone of her neighbours, and they're all reasonable people.

But not all people are like that.

#15 The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Adept

• Members

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:45 PM

hahaha! I would have said

"ma'am? I wasn't finished with my story, and you just interrupted me. If you are going to bark stories at me and not let me get a word in edge wise, then I have better things to do then be disrespected by you. *walks away* < this right here usually get me in trouble.

lol. I just hate it when people act that way, but I like to put them in their place.
not a good idea if they are old. I would probably be told all sorts of annoying things by them or my mom but I do it anyway they need to get whats coming to them. I am not recommending to do this keep in mind its not a good idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users