Photo

Another dream thread. Ever have dreams involving video games?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Stungun

Stungun

Warrior of Light

• Members

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:38 PM

I guess this is a good time for threads about dreams, because I've recently started having dreams again - so my question is this. Do you ever have dreams involving video games? If so, how often are they? (Only ones you can actually remember to some extent)

I suspect I will be having quite a few. I haven't had many dreams in my life but I can vividly remember three dreams that somehow involved gaming. Four if you count D&D as gaming, and five if you count one that involves my roleplaying character.

The first I can remember clearly was a nightmare when I was really young - perhaps some of you might remember the video game Descent. Back in that day we had the shareware version, which had a popup of a screen reading 'Parallax Software' - How the text was styled was really creepy, and in my dream I remember the words 'Game Over' being done in that style. Hideously creepy, even though I know that Descent spells out 'Game Over' in it's own font that doesn't resemble that. But I was very young at the time.

The second dream I remember (a lot later in my life), involved me running around a large parking lot that got somehow filled with water and giant lily pads. I hopped across them and picked up an LRM-20 (I think that was the weapon), a weapon from MechWarrior 3. And I was in the 'real world' when I did this.

The third dream I can remember, I was up late at night (in the dream) playing Majora's Mask - my perspective shifted to inside the game, and the dream sort of started to get 'corrupted' from this point on - Termina Field was really getting messed up during the 'last six hours'. Even more so than in the actual game.

The fourth dream, just a couple days ago, my dream was in the semi-real world, where me, two relatives, and this D&D dungeon master were all in a minivan going on some kind of vacation. I had D&D arcane spells, and I remember trying to cast Freedom of Movement on the van. Later on the trip, the driver power-slided out of control, causing the van to slide into the water, floating across. It wasn't sinking but somehow I knew it would end possibly in our deaths, and more than likely the loss of our posessions in the process. I was...annoyed at the prospect, as if I didn't fear death. The driver (who was female) sort of had this apathetic 'we're all going to die...' outlook - and the dungeon master guy, said the most corny line of all time: 'Okay guys, roll up new character sheets.' (The scary thing is that I've never been directly involved in an actual D&D session...) He spoke in this stereotypical, droning voice that I always associate with traditional DMs.

The fifth and final dream, just last night. I was my primary roleplaying character, and I knew this because I had special powers that I'd (in the real world) invented for that character specifically. I was duelling this vampire guy who was incredibly fast and devistating in melee combat - so I kept my distance and was repeatedly shooting the guy with a small bow (shooting two arrows at once). The strange thing about this, is that my character doesn't wield bows.

Any comments? Do you have dreams like these, and how often?

#2 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:39 PM

I usually dream about things that combine things that go on in my life, no video game dreams =(

#3 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:51 PM

I've had a lot of Zelda dreams, and more recently, Computer Virus dreams.

#4 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:30 AM

I have insane amount of videogame dreams. Most times I'm the helper of a VG character. Sometimes I dream that evil characters are good in my dreams. I also keep dreaming about hyped versions of games, for example that 3D aLttP with extra areas and with the possibility to reach into the game and grab tresure chests on "unreachable-by-Link" places and drop near Link.

#5 Kryptonite

Kryptonite

• Members

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:18 AM

Once I had a dream that I was in majoras mask and i was link.......i even had the hearts and magic meter and everything!!!!.... (Enter Something Funny Here) ......... icon_biggrin.gif

#6 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:34 AM

What. I never had video game dreams... or I CANt remember them.
I only remember dreams that are related to anime.... icon_frown.gif

#7 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:23 PM

Many years ago, I dreamed that I had a game that combines the weapons and characters of Super Mario Kart and the speed and velocity of F-Zero.
Sure wish that game was real.
Have you ever acquired something in a dream and then wake up, looking around to see if you still have that which you acquired in the dream?
I have many times and its very frustrating. Heeheehee

#8 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Wizard

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:36 PM

I have had numerous dreams where I was hired and fired by Shigeru Miyamoto, if that counts as gaming. icon_razz.gif

#9 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:39 PM

I've had a lot of video game related dreams in the past. Hell, I still have some like that now.

Edited by Pokegamer1989, 18 July 2007 - 05:39 PM.

#10 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:41 PM

I had a dream where I fought alongside the Mavericks and their Leader, Sigma.

...I'll leave it at that.

#11 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:56 PM

This one time, I had a dream where there was this group of kids (apparently, I was one of them, or at least saw it from their point of view), consisting of a boy, maybe 9, a girl, probably 11, and another guy, probably 13. There was this haunted house in the town, but, as a typical story might go, the kids didn't believe it. They decided to go check out the haunted house. Big mistake. They meet up with a clown ghost, who resides in the house. He revealed to them that the only way out now was through the door on the third floor, but only with the key that unlocks it, which is hidden rather well. He also reveals to them that he is a cannibal, and that he has a twin brother ghost, also a cannibal, and neither one can leave the boundaries of the property that the house is on. He lets them go here, but promises to catch up with them later. The kids search for the key, all the while trying to be sneaky and avoid the ghost. Eventually, the other ghost captures the youngest boy and locks him in a stoarge closet. All the while, he can hear him chatting with more than one other ghost in the house... When the coast was clear, the other children find him and release him from the locked closet. He reveals to them that, after tripping over a bike that was in the storage closet, he found the key lying underneath some rubble. They make their way to the third floor door, and upon entering the room where it lay, one of the clown ghosts appeared and grabbed the girl. He told them to give him the key or she would die. Either way, at least one of them would die, though. The youngest one had the key, so naturally, he was foolish enough to hand it over, though she pleaded them to continue without her. Strangely enough, after setting the girl down, he opened the door! They were dumbstruck for a moment, but then came to their senses and ran. The ghost followed in pursuit. They were nearly to the arch, about to leave the property, when the second ghost appeared! This froze the kids in their tracks. The whole final chase scene itself appeared as a 16-bit era video game sequence. After blacking out for a moment, a new scene appeared, again with a 16-bit appearance. The camera followed the path from the house to the gate, all the while other ghosts appeared and hovered near the path. Finally, the camera came to rest on the two clown ghosts, laying on their backs, full-bellied, cackling. The children's bones lay between them.

Slowly, the camera zoomed out... into a TV. I was sitting on the floor, holding a Sega Genesis controller, two of my cousins sitting behind me laughing it up, with me saying "Shut up! One of those guys is supposed to be me!" while I had my own smile on my face.

That... was an awesome dream. icon_xd.gif

#12 Stungun

Stungun

Warrior of Light

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:24 PM

I had another hazy video game dream just last night, oddly enough, I didn't get much sleep. I dreamt there was a sequel to Twilight Princess involving...very strange events while a wolf. I was half aghast and horrified they'd put it in that game (you don't want to know what it is), but half of me was thinking it'd make an interesting gameplay element. I was debating whether or not to get the game or not.

I believe the dream ended while I was considering whether or not to go to a local video game store - this dream was strange cause it occured in less than two hours of straight sleep. I'd woken up at about dawn. Maybe the strangeness of this dream was brought upon by the strange conditions of my sleeping.

#13 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:20 PM

Ever play any Dynasty Warriors games?

Yeah. Well a while ago I sat and played Dynasty Warriors [four] for several hours one day after just borrowing it from a friend. I didn't have any dreams the first night, but after playing the game nearly nonstop for several days, I started having dreams about wandering around ancient Chinese battlefields and slaughtering herds of enemies with my over sized sword.

Once I get into a game, I can't seem to stop playing for days at a time... And then I have dreams about that game. Always happens.

#14 Windfish

Windfish

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:37 AM

When i was younger when i got Majoras Mask, my brother told me the moon would crash on anyone who had the game icon_lol.gif. I believed it and I was thinking about it all night. Then I had a dream that I was Link in Termina field killing chu chu's when all of a sudden, the moon crashed into the ground. Then it was over. I can't believe I believed him. icon_sweat.gif After thatI don't think I ever had a video game dream, except for one other time.

Edited by Windfish, 26 July 2007 - 01:39 AM.

#15 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:04 AM

Sweet, Rex is back!

Anyway, I had a dream that I bought Shadow the Hedgehog, and surprisingly enough, it was a beta version. It had two sets of missions, one standalone as Shadow, and another as Team Sonic. That was frickin cool.

Then there was another dream where I was playing Super Mario World 2(Not Yoshi's Island, this is not a real game) and it had like 6 times the levels.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users