Photo

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:59 PM

Copied word-for-word from this thread. I found it very interesting, since I was unaware of this...
Btw, if you're a person who is easily sickened this might not be for you to read.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow will be the seventh of July of the year 2007, also called 777. People have placed many different meanings for this day, but here is one I would like to tell you about right now.

Exactly 70 years ago, on July 7, 1937, Japan initiated war against China. In the 8 years that followed, the Japanese military invaded China, which was governed by a weak and useless regime, brutally torturing and murdering millions of civilians.

In Nan Jing (Nanking) alone, over 300 thousand civilians were killed in an event that is now characterized as a "massacre".

People of all ages were beheaded or buried alive in huge pits.

Conquerors snapped photographs of themselves holding civilians' heads.

Japanese officers openly engaged in friendly competitions to see who could kill the most Chinese in a certain amount of time. The one who had the largest amount of decapitated heads at the end won the game.

Pregnant women were gutted and other women were forced into sexual slavery to serve Japanese soldiers, as "comfort women".

Normal people like you or I were vivisected or experimented on for all manner of scientific endeavors.

A rough estimate of the lives lost during those 8 years of terror:

35 million.

We must not remain unaware of these facts. Even today, Japanese textbooks continue to teach the young that those 8 years were only a manner of "passing through", that the lives lost were trivial.

Mere trifles.

The Japanese never admitted their wrongdoings. They never bothered to apologize.

I do not demand revenge. All I ask for is awareness.

In a few hours, we'll be exactly 70 years after the beginning of that horror.

Not enough people know of what happened in Asia during those 8 years. And yet nearly 6 times more human beings died at the hands of the Japanese than in Nazi concentration camps.

I am not saying that one group of casualties is more important than another. But all victims of war crimes deserve to be remembered, even though the murderers may have gotten away without a scratch.

I believe that when the last survivors leave this earth, few will remember. For the government is not doing enough. They do not encourage teachers to inform the young of the past.

It is up to us. I have told you about what happened; now all I ask is that you tell another person.

Spread the word. Spread awareness.

-

Further reading:

[link]
[link]
[link]

Edited by Mr. Pimpy, 06 July 2007 - 07:40 PM.

#2 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:05 PM

That's odd.. because for me TODAY is 777!! Aaargh!
Seriously.

Thanks for the conspiracy/history lesson, Pimpy. I'll take it into future context for later use.

#3 Sprotret

Sprotret

What do you mean I don't believe in god?

• Banned

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:32 PM

Oh god, I can imagine those pictures of beheaded people...makes me want to trow up.

Edited by Spiro, 06 July 2007 - 07:33 PM.

#4 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:33 AM

All wars have moments like that, and it's still going on today. Terrible as it is, the sad fact is that's by far not the only massacre that one should remember - there are probably more than I could fit into a single post from the two world wars alone.

I do wish the Japanese government would apologize for the atrocities, though.

#5 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE(Koopa @ Jul 9 2007, 10:33 AM) View Post

I do wish the Japanese government would apologize for the atrocities, though.

I hope not, or if yes, not just by word. It's the most disgusting when somebody says "I apologize." and think that everything is forgiven now, even the death of hundreds or thousands... Oh, holy, I won't even mention the best example...

#6 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:59 AM

I don't think there's any way you can make good such an atrocity. You can't bring the dead back to life either. The best you can do is give some words of apology, to show in public that you accept it was a massacre and it was wrong.

#7 Papa

Papa

Disruptive and obnoxious member since 2005

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:27 AM

All sadness and morbidity aside, my nephew's SEVENTH birthday was on 7/7/07, so that was kinda cool. Only staying at the zoo for three and a half hours was kinda lame tho. When I was a kid, Id have been there all damn day, *sigh*.

~apoetalone~

Edited by apoetalone, 09 July 2007 - 10:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users