The Big Contest/Event Request Thread

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#31 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

Custom Boss of the Month - The entry's will get posted to the database as well.

/me runs

This I'd honestly like to see. I love scripting bosses, and I know a few others who do as well. So it's good fun for us, and then everybody wins by suddenly having lots of scripted bosses in the database that they can use for their own quests.

As for the custom quest... I dunno, that whole process just seems really wasteful. For each dungeon, you might have 4 entries, and 3 of them are just wasted while only one makes it in. That just feels... I dunno, like it could be optimized a bit, I guess.

#32 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

On a note not related to what I discussed on the last page:  Also bear in mind that these contests and events don't even have to be periodic.  Some ideas are great to do just once or a small handful of times.  A contest or event could even start as a one time thing, and evolve into something more if it turns out to be a big hit.

#33 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

How about a day deadicated to Wild Bill? Without him none of this would be possible.

#34 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

Custom Boss of the Month - The entry's will get posted to the database as well.

Maybe broaden it a bit - bosses one month, regular enemies another, items, minigames, whatever else...
  • Mero, coolgamer012345 and David like this

#35 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

Screenshot of the Year 2012 & 2013.

Introduction: This may seem more appropriate in Screenshot of the Week announcements, but this is a request I am making which I am willing to help out. I may be wrong, but I believe Screenshot of the Year 2012 was missed, I guess doomsday was playing on our minds at the time. Anyways, I was thinking about making both years one single huge event.

Why I feel we need this: SotW simply isn't what it used to be. (At least that's the impression I get from members who's been participating for a long time). An event like this could get people's interest peaked up again back to the way it used to be. Also, I believe nick legends said we are close to screenshot of the decade which would be a very exciting event that's for sure.

Who's with me?

#36 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:14 PM

Wow, this topic is surely seeing cobwebs.

Anyways, I'd like to request taking Enemy of The Month out of General Zelda Classic and add it here on the same lines as Screenshot of the Week and Map of the Month.

It's had a rocky moment and feelings of doubt in EotM3, but it is a very promising contest that deserves management.

I'd still recommend Shoelace to be in charge of it, despite how long it took him to release EotM3, he's a good entertainer and provides the right voice for this contest.

I've also expressed interest in participating, but I cannot do it right at this time (not even saying I'd be qualified for the position).

Anyways, I hope to get a response.
  • David likes this

#37 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:11 PM

I agree that EotM should be moved to the events area. Though, as far as I can tell, Zecora and I will be leading EotM from now on.

#38 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

You're right; this topic hasn't seen much activity. I was hoping there'd be an idea that spurred an obvious flurry of excitement, but we haven't had that quite yet. Enemy of the Month seems to be fairly popular, and its reaching a third installment speaks to its longevity. I'll talk with the staff and Shoelace the EotM heads and see what can be done.

Thanks for the feedback.
  • David likes this

#39 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

Well, considering that custom boss of the month was already a suggestion, enemy of the month could fall right into that category.

#40 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

How about a MIDI contest? It doesn't have to be a regular event. It could just be a one time thing. A member can submit one MIDI of their own creation, whether it's their own or someone else's composition. Maybe there could even be screenshots as captions, indicating what type of environment it could fit into.

Alternatively, it can be extended for music in general, not just MIDI. But I like MIDI because it evens everyone out in terms of their capability to mix, and puts the focus on composition and instrumentation.
  • Shane and alek like this

#41 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:13 AM

Instead of Enemy of the Month, why not Script of the month? If we do a scripting contest, that is.

Also, I think an "Artist of the Month/week" would be a nice contest. Where anyone can submit their custom graphics (sprites, overworld tiles, dungeon stuff, whatever) so long as they made it themselves. For example, no ripped sprites or graphics in general.

#42 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:46 AM

I'd like to see a custom sprite/graphics contest. Take and do like with the S:CA rotation. You could use overworld, dungeon, interior/caves and sprites as your categories, or maybe even just do a freeform challenge. 'Draw the prettiest and most useful thing and whoever gets lots of votes wins.'

#43 SirKazuma

SirKazuma

Wind Magic User

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

I think.. maybe we could have a Puzzle of the Month.. Um.. each person would submit some sort of puzzle, it can involve scripts, or just be something ordinary, like a block puzzle. The puzzle would be judged in the following ways,

Difficulty (when the contest goes up, we could specify what level of difficulty we're looking for, since not all puzzles need to be obsenely hard)

Screen Design (We could specify a theme for the puzzle, like maybe a forest puzzle, or anything)

I'm not really sure of any other details yet, I wonder if anyone is interested in such a contest?

• Shane, coolgamer012345 and alek like this

#44 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

I think.. maybe we could have a Puzzle of the Month.. Um.. each person would submit some sort of puzzle, it can involve scripts, or just be something ordinary, like a block puzzle. The puzzle would be judged in the following ways,

Difficulty (when the contest goes up, we could specify what level of difficulty we're looking for, since not all puzzles need to be obsenely hard)

Screen Design (We could specify a theme for the puzzle, like maybe a forest puzzle, or anything)

I'm not really sure of any other details yet, I wonder if anyone is interested in such a contest?

I want a puzzle of the month too.

#45 Astromeow

Astromeow

RESPECT DA OBOE SOLO

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:19 PM

It sounds kinda cool a puzzle contest but I feel it may get stale quick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users