• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#16 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

Ooh, I got another idea, What about a lego building competition? Post the images of them and whoever gets the most votes wins!

But people might take an image from online. But still interesting :).

#17 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

Put a signature out of legos in the corner of the image (it could be set up so that the creations would be on a lego table/pad thing and the signature would be built on that). Cropping could be used might it would probably be kinda hard, So that is why it would be good.

#18 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

I do think the contests should be ZC restricted save for Superlatives.

• Avaro, Jared and alek like this

#19 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

What about PureZC member sprites contests? Every month a random member gets selected "as long as that member approves, and everybody can compete to see who can make sprites that best suit that member, and the winner will be selected by the member themselves, but a voting system will still exist in case the member is not currently available to vote themselves.

These sprites can than be used by quest designers to create cameos for their quests. :P

Participants submitting entries can be unlimited, and the 4 best participants will be left in a poll to select a winner. It is wise to learn a little bit about the member before creating sprites, like follow what they do. For example, I do LPs, and if someone were to sprite me, the LPs would e a good place to start. Participants should at least put an honest effort to learn about te member they are designing a sprite for.

So ya, I really like this idea, and I'd be the first to volunteer to be sprited. ;p

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 30 October 2013 - 10:48 AM.

• SpikeReynolds likes this

#20 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

I sounds cool. er THAT sounds cool.

Edited by coolgamer012345, 30 October 2013 - 10:55 AM.

#21 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

Custom Boss of the Month - The entry's will get posted to the database as well.

/me runs

• Rastael likes this

#22 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

If there was ever to be a community quest, here is how you can put it in contest form:

Each month one proposed map for the quest is worked on.  All willing participants will try to make the same map on their own.  Guidelines are given for each map, such as which level it is (for a dungeon) or what part of the overworld it is, and some of the things that should be included in it.  The winning map by votes would become the one that is used in the community quest.  Next month:  New map.  If you want a full sized quest out of this, the entire process would probably take between 1 and 2 years.  One month per dungeon, and the overworld could be split up into parts too (I'd say at least three parts), each part no bigger than 8x8 (with no obligation to use all 64 screens).

• nicklegends, Haylee, Thomas G. House and 1 other like this

#23 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

That seems kinda.... Long..

#24 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Nathaniel wins, I want to see this now. :D

#25 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

A 1-2 year quest?!?

#26 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

Hey, many quests out there have taken much longer than that to make.  Plus this allows people to join in and contribute when they are simply around to participate, be it sooner or later.

#27 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

Isn't there already (or wasn't there) a community quest project that never took off, because after everything was planned, hardly anybody submitted anything?

Edited by Jamian, 30 October 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#28 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

Yes I know that there quests that took 2 or years but that does not mean that it needs to take that long, *Especially*  if it was planned some. What would be bad is if that if it took 2 years and was terrible, Then you have a big problem.

*(I don't think i spelled that correctly :V)

#29 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

Each month one proposed map for the quest is worked on.  All willing participants will try to make the same map on their own.  Guidelines are given for each map, such as which level it is (for a dungeon) or what part of the overworld it is, and some of the things that should be included in it.  The winning map by votes would become the one that is used in the community quest.  Next month:  New map. 

Didn't I already suggest this or something like this on page 1? Oh wait, this is a great idea. :) I'm all for it. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 30 October 2013 - 05:04 PM.

#30 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

I'm typically skeptical of group quests, but that's mostly because of the difficulties in communication and keeping people committed to their part on a reasonable time frame. The beauty of Nathaniel's idea is that the schedule is totally fixed: the quest will be complete after a certain amount of time. We will be able to play something that a group created.

Some issues that might pop up:

1. Submitting a map and losing would hurt. They take a lot of effort. Surely, one could fix up their map and resubmit for a later month, but it would be frustrating if it weren't selected at all.

2. Quests are better with some element of consistency; it would be challenging to keep a constant thread going with so many different opinions on quest design. I'd leave it to the voters to decide what works best in that regard. Maps ought to be judged in the context of the quest as a whole.

Beside these quibbles, I think this would be really fun. It'd give me and other people who have a difficult time completing an entire quest a chance to contribute their otherwise underappreciated skills to a larger effort.

tl;dr: I really want to see this happen. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users