79 replies to this topic

#1 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

The Big Contest/Event Request Thread

This is the place to pitch new contests and events to your fellow members. Viable events need not necessarily relate to Zelda Classic but do need to demonstrate significant interest from the community in order to be considered.

In deciding whether or not to honor the contest, the staff will consider the following points especially carefully:

1. Is there sufficient interest in the contest? (For example, a Kirk Fogg fan fiction contest would be unlikely to succeed.)
2. Is the proposed contest sufficiently different from other running contests? (No "Screenshot of the Fortnight," please.)

The staff will contact you if your idea seems feasible. We'll let you know what to do from there.

Hop to it! :)

(Note that the process by which event ideas are submitted and evaluated is totally subject to change at any time for any reason.)
  • Anthus and David like this

#2 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

There could have something along the lines of Quest of the Month, where people create short quests every month, and then people vote on the best one. That could increase the peope who make quests and learn from good ones :D.

There could be that or have another one where we use exisiting quests?

I don't know, just some ideas. :)

#3 JetBox

JetBox

Wizard

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

Here's an idea I've had for a while. It's similar to Screenshot: Challenge Accepted, except with Custom Tiles. Every week or month, there would be a contest along the lines where there is a different category for different types and genres and even tilesets of custom tiles. Like one week/month could be the best custom tree tiles or something, and the next week could be the best castle tiles.

• Jared, David, alek and 1 other like this

#4 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

I firmly believe that there shouldn't be guidelines as to what the sprite should be. It should be like SotW where you gain the freedom to create what your desire most, but at the same time, you vote for the prettiest tile work.

#5 David

David

• Administrators

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

There could have something along the lines of Quest of the Month, where people create short quests every month, and then people vote on the best one. That could increase the peope who make quests and learn from good ones :D.
There could be that or have another one where we use exisiting quests?
I don't know, just some ideas. :)

As for what I said, I could add that it would be cool if there were certain restrictions on the quest, like using a certain tileset, having a central theme, etc. I think I'd be interesting :D.
  • Jared likes this

#6 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:17 AM

I once threw out a random idea called "The Overworld" in the quest forums. It's about a group of people designing a giant overworld. We could try something like that, but involve two different groups competing for a prize.

What makes this fun is that numerous people will have to cooperate to make an overworld that has to beat another group of people who must also be sufficient in cooperating.

It could be a red team and a blue team, and only one team remain victorious.

Winning overworlds can than be submitted to some form of database as overworld templates where motivated quest designers can turn them into actual quests.

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 27 October 2013 - 03:25 AM.

#7 Gouanaco

Gouanaco

Death Knight

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:32 AM

There could be an event where it's like a community Quest.

Where we all vote on certain aspects of the game like:

Tile-Set

Music

Style

Game-play

Story

etc

The community would vote on what they want, and then the people who signed up to make it... would use everyone's ideas and put them together, and we could call it.

ThePureZCommunityQuest.qst 

:D

I think it would be cool, cause we would have weird and varied ideas.. all depending on what everyone votes on. There could be demos released and at the end of the demo... there is a critical moment in the story... like link faces Dark Link etc...

But what happens next, depends on the votes from the community :)

• alek likes this

#8 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:37 AM

Member of the Forever: you win at life by being so frigin awesome. Absolutely no voting system required, you are so awesome, you just automatically win, and the entire board shuts down for 15 minutes and everything gets redirected to your profile so that everybody can see your well deserved and expected victory. All members who question it gets an immediate ban from existence.

#9 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

Member of the Forever: you win at life by being so frigin awesome. Absolutely no voting system required, you are so awesome, you just automatically win, and the entire board shuts down for 15 minutes and everything gets redirected to your profile so that everybody can see your well deserved and expected victory. All members who question it gets an immediate ban from existence.

Not sure if legitimately serious or not taking a serious thread serious.

Gouanaco: sounds complicated, but it could work. We attempted a community quest in the past though. :P

Edited by Shane, 27 October 2013 - 03:47 AM.

#10 Gouanaco

Gouanaco

Death Knight

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

Sounds interesting... but it could annoy alot of people. Plus huge flame wars could start over who is the most awesome. :P

#11 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

(For example, a Kirk Fogg fan fiction contest would be unlikely to succeed.)

It would certainly succeed, which is why I'm requesting it-I mean what.

But in all seriousness, I'd like to see more Two Week Contests in the Future. Sure, it's too early for one right now, but I'd definitely like to see another one sometime next year.

• Thomas G. House and David like this

#12 David

David

• Administrators

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

It would certainly succeed, which is why I'm requesting it-I mean what.

But in all seriousness, I'd like to see more Two Week Contests in the Future. Sure, it's too early for one right now, but I'd definitely like to see another one sometime next year.

I definitely agree with that. The two-week contest was truly great :).

#13 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

What about an avatar contest, We each could enter and whoever gets the most votes for there avatar at the end of the week wins!

#14 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

Not sure if legitimately serious or not taking a serious thread serious.

I support legitimately banning people from existence. What, you didn't know? :P

But anyways, my "serious" request was from the post before that one.

#15 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

Ooh, I got another idea, What about a lego building competition? Post the images of them and whoever gets the most votes wins!

• Shane likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users