OOT remastered with Twilight textures

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 randy

randy

Senior

• Members

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:11 PM

Well since Zelda OOT won gamefaqs best game ever contest I figured I would post a link to a pretty cool mod for OOT. Basically a Twilight Retexture Pack for OOT. Note: This does require a rom (master quest debug or 1.0) and project 64 1.6 or 1.7. I will not post links for either the emulator or the rom. You can find the mod Here. Also here is a link for a tutorial on how to install the mod.

Keep in mind that the mod isn't entirely complete however just about everything has been retextured and so far during my play through I've yet to find anything that hasn't been modified minus a few minor npcs.

Screen shots:

Title:
http://i477.photobuc...NDOFZELDA-1.jpg

Entering the Water Temple:
http://i477.photobuc...DOFZELDA-16.jpg

New Subscreen:
http://i477.photobuc...NDOFZELDA-5.jpg

Can change the HUD through use of a game shark code:
http://img11.imagesh...94/74948014.jpg

STAFF EDIT: Your images were above the Image Dimension Limits and were converted to links.

Edited by The Satellite, 12 June 2009 - 04:35 PM.

#2 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:15 PM

The settings haven't really changed, and Link looks awfully odd, but it's really nice. icon_smile.gif Nice find.

#3 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:23 PM

Oh yeah, people are doing this stuff all the time. I go to emutalk.net occasionally to check up on the progress of a WW-styled OoT retexture project. It's amazing stuff these people do, and it almost always has a nice result. icon_cool.gif

#4 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE(Beta Link @ Jun 12 2009, 03:23 PM) View Post

Oh yeah, people are doing this stuff all the time. I go to emutalk.net occasionally to check up on the progress of a WW-styled OoT retexture project. It's amazing stuff these people do, and it almost always has a nice result. icon_cool.gif

You totally got me excited, and the site (according to FireFox) does not exist. icon_confused.gif

Oh, well. icon_razz.gif

I sometimes find retextured/remastered games annoying though. Like the FF 1 and 2 remakes for the PSP? The graphics drives me absolutely bonkers. And I don't have an emulator anyways, so I won't be playing this. But it does look nice. (Minus Link, and I'm assuming NPCs as well.)

Edited by Rem, 12 June 2009 - 02:29 PM.

#5 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE(Rem @ Jun 12 2009, 03:28 PM) View Post

You totally got me excited, and the site (according to FireFox) does not exist. icon_confused.gif

Oh, well. icon_razz.gif
Dang, I should have checked that before I posted the link. Firefox is telling the it's a database error though, not that it doesn't exist. It's probably just down for whatever reason. I hope. icon_confused.gif

#6 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 12 June 2009 - 03:40 PM

This is pretty damn cool. icon_smile.gif

#7 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:18 PM

This is a pretty cool idea, because OoT was great for its time, except for the fact that most of its textures were extremely sparse, grainy, or blurred. icon_smile.gif I'd play it, but only if I could work out a way to use an analog controller on the emulator. Preferably N64, or failing that, Gamecube.

Well, also, it'd have to be mostly bug-free... and in my experience, N64 emulation hasn't really met that standard for me...

Say, did you notice that they used a lot of the Twilight Princess beta graphics? The empty hearts and the magic meter, for instance. Neither made it into the final game. A lot of those textures must have been made from scratch, rather than ripped from TP, and even the ripped ones probably required a lot of editing in certain cases (Link, for instance).

#8 randy

randy

Senior

• Members

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:31 PM

Well I just finished playing around with the dark link spawn code.....lets just say dark link looks awesome....much more menacing than before.

#9 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:38 PM

Watch your image sizes, Randy; the vertical and horizontal limit is 500 pixels.
QUOTE(randy @ Jun 12 2009, 03:11 PM) View Post
I like this. Not the subscreen, the fact that Link in OoT finally has the belt visible across his torso. icon_deformed.gif

That is pretty freakin' cool. This alone is worth getting one of those kits that you can download a ROM to an empty N64 cartridge so I can play it on a system. I'm definitely gonna have to check this out... If I ever get back into computer/ROM gaming. icon_heh.gif
QUOTE(Beta Link @ Jun 12 2009, 03:23 PM) View Post
I go to emutalk.net occasionally to check up on the progress of a WW-styled OoT retexture project.
I'm interested in that, too. icon_blah.gif

#10 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Jun 12 2009, 05:38 PM) View Post

That is pretty freakin' cool. This alone is worth getting one of those kits that you can download a ROM to an empty N64 cartridge so I can play it on a system. I'm definitely gonna have to check this out... If I ever get back into computer/ROM gaming. icon_heh.gif I'm interested in that, too. icon_blah.gif
I know you were kidding, but I don't think you can actually do that. All those new textures are much larger in file size than the original ones, so it probably wouldn't fit on a regular N64 cart, and might not even play on a regular N64. icon_frown.gif

#11 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jun 12 2009, 10:18 PM) View Post
This is a pretty cool idea, because OoT was great for its time, except for the fact that most of its textures were extremely sparse, grainy, or blurred. icon_smile.gif I'd play it, but only if I could work out a way to use an analog controller on the emulator. Preferably N64, or failing that, Gamecube.
or you Could be like me a use an Xbox360 Contoler for windows becasue that fells good for these games

QUOTE(Radien @ Jun 12 2009, 10:18 PM) View Post
Well, also, it'd have to be mostly bug-free... and in my experience, N64 emulation hasn't really met that standard for me...
The only problams i have had with N64 Emulation is that the Textures can be bugged

Anyway good find i'll download these myself on sunday since i'm going to bed soon and i'm out all day satuerday

#12 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE(Beta Link @ Jun 12 2009, 02:45 PM) View Post

I know you were kidding, but I don't think you can actually do that. All those new textures are much larger in file size than the original ones, so it probably wouldn't fit on a regular N64 cart, and might not even play on a regular N64. icon_frown.gif

Beta Link is probably right. The new textures would probably overload the system. I know the major reason they didn't have much in the way of textures on the N64 was storage space, but even if it used CDs, it still probably wouldn't be able to handle much more than the Playstation 1. (For comparison, think Final Fantasy 7)

#13 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:46 PM

I've tried it and it's not as great as you all think. Certain angles aren't textured correctly and often enough, Link and the NPCs turn a solid green color because of it.

#14 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

Whoa, that's neat. I hope they do it for MM too.

#15 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:31 PM

I'm curious how them textures look anything like from Twilight Princess...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users