Photo

Who of the helpers in the Zelda series annoy's the most?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Which guide in previous Zeldas is most annoying?

Which guide in previous Zeldas is most annoying?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 bladeofjudgement

bladeofjudgement

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

Well, I'm just curios which of the "helpers" along the installments of Zelda games you had on your side annoys you the most. I still vote for Navi as the most annoying. Who are yours?

Edited by bladeofjudgement, 24 November 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

All of them.  Let me figure stuff out on my own!  Damn, yo!

Nah, I don't know.  I really don't.  I suppose the most annoying one is the one that takes the longest to discuss things, and then when they ask if you understood it all, the cursor defaults to "no" and there's no delay before that particular question.  So you just keep hitting the A button or whatever and then do it all again.

I really don't care how actually annoying they are, but if they pull stunts like the above, they're going to get a controller hurled .. somewhere.  I haven't decided where, exactly, but it'll be somewhere.  That's how places work, I guess.  Always somewhere.

• DCEnygma, The Satellite and alek like this

#3 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

Fi... I can't get over Fi... She talks waay to much, "I don't care if my batteries are low, THE OTHERS ARE STILL CHARGING", Or "I KNOW THAT I HAVE FREAKING 4 HEARTS LEFT, I DON'T NEED YOU TO TELL ME!!!!!"........

Or Fi telling me that "There is a 98% chance that this is the thunder dragon" Ya, Its not like I thought of that.... She does have a nice hint feature... But she talks SOO much...

Edited by coolgamer012345, 19 November 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#4 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

Hoot hoot, hoot. Don't hoot, worry. There's your hoot hoot, sword, hoot. Now go hoot, and find the hoot hoot, eight, hoot, instruments, hoot.
  • ShadowTiger, strike, Jamian and 1 other like this

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

I do not give a hoot, sir.  None.  None hoot is what I give.

I'm actually going to go in the opposite direction of this thread, and say that I cannot in all good consciousness vote for Midna as the most annoying.  She's actually incredibly pivotal to the plot, despite her occasional micromanagerial urges. I definitely enjoyed interacting with her through out the game, seeing what she would be involved in next, and what her plotline would be like.

That owl was just pointless though.  That's what I dislike - A tutorial guidebox given anthropomorphic form.

• Magi_Hero likes this

#6 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

For me, it's unquestionably Ezlo. I know that a locked door needs a key. I know what a switch is, damn it! He just drags down the game's pace and seriously annoys me, and he doesn't even leave a good first impression. Sure, some people were amused by his hopping after you slowly and stopping you more than once to slow down before finally hopping on your head, but to me, it was just irritating and a sign of bad things to come. He didn't even get a story chance to redeem himself; he was just uninteresting through and through, and even the twist that he was Vaati's teacher didn't do much for me.

Breaking down the others:

Navi - Not the most annoying. Her voice, sure, and it got worse in OoT 3D, I can excuse annoyances at that. But for the most part, while she may be a mostly useless character, she isn't as bad as some of the others. Sure, she pops up a fair bit in the early portions of the game, but she mostly leaves you alone later on.

Tatl - A less annoying Navi with a better personality and actual character. The chime is far less grating than the voice.

King of Red Lions - Funny, helpful, rarely interrupts without reason or to advance the plot. Most of his help can be skipped anyway. Best helper by far, because for the most part he's there to guide you but not to tell you everything.

Midna - As a helper, screw her and her taking long pauses between text boxes then asking what's taking you so long to get moving when she's the one holding you up. But unlike Ezlo, she actually has a great role in the story and redeems herself that way.

Ciela - Eh, not the greatest helper, but I don't mind her. She has the voice of Navi but uses it far less frequently. She doesn't interrupt too much for the most part, though she can grate on the irritating edge sometime. But she also helps advance the plot and her dialogues with Linebeck are great.

Fi - She points out the obvious, repeats what others say, and warns you about low hearts or battery all the damn time. I can see why people dislike her, but I didn't mind it as much because it seemed in her character at least, what little there was. But I did feel some slight annoyances with her, despite that. Otherwise, Fi isn't the worst to me. Up there, and I acknowledge others' feelings about her, but she doesn't annoy me that badly.

Others that weren't on the list:

The Owl (Link's Awakening) - Yeah, he's a bit annoying. He gets a bit of a pass because of his wonderfully mysterious theme and the whole air of the game, but I do get the feeling that sometimes he points me onward a little too directly.

Kaepora Gaebora (Ocarina of Time) - More annoying than Navi in my opinion. I like his theme and he's a little silly, but tricking us into repeating everything is just damn dirty.

Zelda (Spirit Tracks) - A well-executed helper, she's got a personality, she's important to the plot, and she's funny. She's brought only by the stereotypically-disappointing fear of rats.

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

Fi. I cannot stand Fi. Her enemy analysis is cool, but everything else... urgh. The second somebody tells you to do something, she pops up and tells you the exact same thing at a frustratingly slow speed. As for as the plot goes, she served a pretty minimal purpose (the game could have made perfect sense without her), and she had no characterization or plot development until they tried to throw in an emotional ending in the last 10 seconds, which just seemed forced and awkward. Her constant nagging about the Wiimote's battery is even worse. I think I got in about 5 hours of play time after she started nagging me. That part where you lose her in Eldin Volcano was one of the best parts of the game. No nagging, no beeping, no nothing. And then no joke, literally within the first second of getting her back, she was nagging me about my battery level. Just... no Nintendo, this is not how to do a good helper.

#8 Zeldaman23

Zeldaman23

Darkie & Dhane

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

I should vote Fi but I vote wrong for Navi.   I am totally forgot about Fi part on SS.   She is really annoying because she won't shut up for everything.  Battery low, heart low, and many stuff that she is always getting your way.

#9 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

I should vote Fi but I vote wrong for Navi.   I am totally forgot about Fi part on SS.   She is really annoying because she won't shut up for everything.  Battery low, heart low, and many stuff that she is always getting your way.

Fixed it for you.

#10 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

Fi by far, she is the first helper I wish that she did not exists. All the master crap and being captain obvious about every single damn thing.

*Fighting enemies*

*Takes damage to become HP Critical*

Fi: Master your health is low

Me: Thanks a lot Fi I already knew from the damn heart beeping.

*Continues fight and dies* *Ragequit happens*.

#11 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=hQd_PeOf2R0

Oops! I just realized content may be inappropriate for kids. (Last line in video) if you are a kid or are easily offended by crude language, don't click. :P

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 19 November 2013 - 06:08 PM.

#12 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

Midna. I dunno. I just hated how smug she was, and I just didn't enjoy her as a character. So bold brash, and cocky. I dislike her with a passion. I know she didn't really "hate" Link, but she sure did pull it off well which i give her credit for. But then she expects everyone to feel bad for her when her power is taken away...ugh.

#13 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

Midna reminds me of DFW for the strangest reason. I dunno, I thought of her every time I played that game. I wonder if Link being a wolf had any coincidence.

#14 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

Navi. I've played this game before, I don't need a tutorial of text I can't speed up at all. Not to mention all the "Hey!" "Listen!" "Watch out!" yells. At least with Ezlo, you can speed the text up, and to me he's at least interesting, especially your first time in a minecart in the Cave of Flames. The dialogue below:

Before getting in the minecart:

Spoiler

After getting out of the minecart:

Spoiler

Stuff like that makes Ezlo far more tolerable than Navi.

#15 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

Fi. I cannot stand Fi. Her enemy analysis is cool, but everything else... urgh. The second somebody tells you to do something, she pops up and tells you the exact same thing at a frustratingly slow speed. As for as the plot goes, she served a pretty minimal purpose (the game could have made perfect sense without her), and she had no characterization or plot development until they tried to throw in an emotional ending in the last 10 seconds, which just seemed forced and awkward. Her constant nagging about the Wiimote's battery is even worse. I think I got in about 5 hours of play time after she started nagging me. That part where you lose her in Eldin Volcano was one of the best parts of the game. No nagging, no beeping, no nothing. And then no joke, literally within the first second of getting her back, she was nagging me about my battery level. Just... no Nintendo, this is not how to do a good helper.

^This pretty much. Skyward Sword would've been a lot better without her.. The only partner for me who I wish never existed and was never helpful in my playthrough once. Her, The Imprisoned and the hours of unskippable movies are why Skyward Sword isn't too high on my list.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users