Official Game Achievements Thread

• Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

#511 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

I beat Ghosts 'n Goblins NES a month or two ago. Got both endings.

This qualifies for this thread, I hope!

#512 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:32 AM

I beat Sonic CD, with all time stones and a good future in every zone. Way too much effort for the ending it gives you... Overall, a very overrated game, but at the same time, it's still fun.

#513 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

A couple days ago, I beat Battletoads NES. No cheats, no warps. It was one of my first games ever, and finishing it is something I've been trying to do since childhood.

It was a very happy moment.

So now, with Ghosts 'n Goblins, Battletoads and Ninja Gaiden behind me, does that mean I've pretty much completed the three hardest NES titles that are also quality games?

#514 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

I beat Mother 3 today. Don't know if I liked it better than Mother 2 or not. Either way, its still one of the best RPG's I've ever played.

#515 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE(HeavyTitanium @ Dec 22 2012, 06:19 PM) View Post

I beat Mother 3 today. Don't know if I liked it better than Mother 2 or not. Either way, its still one of the best RPG's I've ever played.

Did you cry your eyes out?

#516 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE(DashSim @ Sep 22 2012, 06:51 PM) View Post

A couple days ago, I beat Battletoads NES. No cheats, no warps. It was one of my first games ever, and finishing it is something I've been trying to do since childhood.

It was a very happy moment.

So now, with Ghosts 'n Goblins, Battletoads and Ninja Gaiden behind me, does that mean I've pretty much completed the three hardest NES titles that are also quality games?

I'd just like to emphasize what a great accomplishment this is. My best friend has been toiling with this game for months but hasn't made it past the Terra Tubes yet. I can barely make it past the Turbo Tunnel, myself. Great job. icon_smile.gif

#517 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE(nicklegends @ Dec 23 2012, 11:30 PM) View Post
I'd just like to emphasize what a great accomplishment this is. My best friend has been toiling with this game for months but hasn't made it past the Terra Tubes yet. I can barely make it past the Turbo Tunnel, myself. Great job. icon_smile.gif
Ohhh, thank you *very* much!

I absolutely love Battletoads to death. Really one of my favorite games, even with its brutal difficulty. It's not even always hard in a fair way. If you stick with it, though, it's a really a fantastic game with a lot of neat ideas and a lot of variety.

Also Terra Tubes is one of those 'hard in an unfair way' levels. So frustrating!

Anyway, new achievement from me for this thread...! Earlier today I completed Super Hexagon. Got all the Achievements. Hyper Hexagonest was, like, the most difficult 60 seconds of anything ever. But... finishing it was very satisfying! Also in the past few months I've done Gradius III SNES on Arcade difficulty, Double Dragon II NES on Supreme Master difficulty, Rush 'n Attack NES and the first TMNT game for NES. I *think* those are all noteworthy for this thread...?

#518 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Beat Bayonetta today. The last boss was amazing, but not as hard as some of the prior bosses. Still have to unlock a lot of stuff and beat the game on hard.

#519 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

In Left 4 Dead 2, I beat the Parish, on Last Man on Earth, on Expert. And got the "Bridge over Trebled Slaughter" achievement while I was at it. The entire finale was surprisingly easy; the tank was the only thing that spawned, and I outran him. Chapters 1 and 2 weren't too bad either. But 3 and 4... I spent over half of three madly running from a Tank. Through the tunnel, through the car impound lot, over the bridge, through the graveyard... And then chapter 4 was just cruel, spawning smokers, hunters, and jockeys at the same time.

I gotta say, I really do like Last Man on Earth. It turns a normally fast-paced, hectic, fun game into really more of a survival horror-ish game. The fact that Ellis seemed to be slowly going insane (calling out for his teammates initially, then getting panicked, before finally resorting to making bird noises while lamenting that he was going to die) really added to the atmosphere too.

#520 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

My biggest one of note is a couple months ago when I got a perfect gamerscore on Sonic Generations. When I beat the final boss without getting hit I nearly did a cartwheel. icon_lol.gif

#521 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

I once played Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers with a friend. He died all three times in the first zone. I finished the rest of the game alone in about 15 minutes... Not sure if I died or not, but I know I didn't use a continue. My friend shit but I'm not sure why... It's an easy game.

#522 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

After many many attempts, I finally took down Mobius 1 in Ace Combat Zero's extra mission - The Gauntlet.

Simply getting to him isn't easy - you have to go through 3 separate ace squadrons. It starts with two aces in a squad, then four, then something like 6-8 in the next. After, you have to take down a really good squad of two in under a minute. After this, you'll be faced with another large squadron, to which Mobius 1 will come in and wreck them, leaving you to face him. He's really fast, seems to shoot missiles incredibly fast in bursts of 4 and takes a few more hits to down.

To add insult to injury, I took him down using the Su-37 with the Yellow 13 pain scheme - his rival ace from Ace Combat 4.

#523 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

Beat Legend of the Dragoon today. Took me longer than it should have. For some reason I didn't get into it at first, but then it grew on me the further I progressed. Last boss was epic.

#524 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

Beat Legend of the Dragoon today. Took me longer than it should have. For some reason I didn't get into it at first, but then it grew on me the further I progressed. Last boss was epic.

Nice! I've never played that game, but I watched my roommate work through it. He got stuck at a few glitchy battles but eventually found his way to the end.

I have no new new accomplishments to share. I beat the mirror mode in Diddy Kong Racing a few months ago and unlocked T.T., but that hardly qualifies for this thread.

#525 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

Welp...I just finished doing everything I can do in Etrian Odyssey IV...

With that, my adventure has ended... TT_TT

Well, there is one more thing I can do if I ever feel insane/stupid enough, and that's beat
Spoiler
But I would think that would require me to make an entire new team for that and honestly, I'm not making an entire team and training them just to fight one boss differently. >_>

But as it is, I've 100%'d Etrian Odyssey IV. I'm kinda sad it's over - I really like this game. ):

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users