quest contest two week

• Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

#46 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

Can we make combos and stuff yet? What about items? Sorry if this has already been adressed.

-Strike

#47 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

Yes. Graphical manipulation (such as ripping in tiles and assigning combos for them) is allowed, and making custom items is fine. Just don't start making screens.

#48 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

That is terrific news. That made me a lot more ready to enter this contest. Thanks.

-Strike

#49 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

Ah dammat.  I would so enter if I could arrange everything by then.  I've yet to poke in its scripting system thoroughly, which I simply couldn't design something without for my idea.

#50 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

I think I have a fun idea for a quest... Count me in for this contest, my quest may become pretty big, but I should have plenty of time to do everything I want with these preparation rules.

#51 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

Well, let's see how my quest will be like, if I go into this unprepaired and make a quest in only 2 weeks. I am interested in what everyone else does, but we'll see when the contest is over!

#52 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

I think I have a fun idea for a quest... Count me in for this contest, my quest may become pretty big, but I should have plenty of time to do everything I want with these preparation rules.

Alrighty. Good luck!

Well, let's see how my quest will be like, if I go into this unprepaired and make a quest in only 2 weeks. I am interested in what everyone else does, but we'll see when the contest is over!

Well, you can certainly do a quest in two weeks with no preparation (I've done it before), but the preparation definitely helps a lot. But it's your call. Good luck!

I feel like I've said good luck too many times in this thread.

#53 Soga

Soga

Secretly Alive

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

Would it be all right if Sir_Bunny (Jay C.) partnered up with me for this contest?

Edited by Soga, 26 June 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#54 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

So my plan is to essentially 'remake' the very first *real* quest of mine that I made when I was 11. My plan was to basically rebuild it in 2.5 with likely the gameboy tileset, adding new sound FX, items, basically making into something it could never really be. Is this aloud?

#55 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

Would it be all right if Sir_Bunny (Jay C.) partnered up with me for this contest?

Yes, that would be fine.

So my plan is to essentially 'remake' the very first *real* quest of mine that I made when I was 11. My plan was to basically rebuild it in 2.5 with likely the gameboy tileset, adding new sound FX, items, basically making into something it could never really be. Is this aloud?

I'd need to talk to Peteandwally about this one. I'm leaning towards saying yes, but at the same time, I'm not really sure, there are some things about it that... well, we'll see. I'll let you know once I've talked to him.

#56 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

I think it's safe to say I'll be entering.

One question though, are we allowed to remake screens that we've previously made?

#57 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

I think it's safe to say I'll be entering.

One question though, are we allowed to remake screens that we've previously made?

Yes, remaking previous screens is fine. Good luck!

#58 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

Peteandwally and I talked, and we agreed that it's alright, provided it's a remake from scratch.

#59 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

Russ, you are doing a great job on everything. I wanted to pop in and say how excited I am about the contest, but moreso about getting to play all the new quests that pop out. The list of participants is pretty big now! As Russ has told you, there are almost no restrictions except for time constraints, and as long as you don't make any screens until the contest begins, everything else should be okay, including getting combos ready and organized and loading in music and stuff. Of course, you can plan out what to build as much as you want ahead of time on paper. There's still two weeks to brainstorm before we get started, so get crackin on ideas, and spread the word for anyone that might be reluctant to join in.. Good luck!

pnw

#60 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

Yup, it's a remake from scratch.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: quest, contest, two, week

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users