• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:21 PM

So, uh, hey! Welcome to Shadows of Miadra 2.0 Heart of Darkness! This is the current name for my project, and I hope that I have enough patience to finish it. I'm announcing this now because I have 5 days until the Expo submission ends, and I kinda need beta testers to test for difficulty and pacing issues. But first, I'm just going to kinda explain what's going on here.

Heart of Darkness is a quest which requires Link to get 3 MacGuffins to save the princess. It's nonlinear, because this is a miniquest. Mini means there is only 4 main dungeons. That's where mini ends. Expect 4 huge expansive main dungeons, 10+ minidungeons, and possibly a complex RPG system. Every single item is scripted, including the sword. Yes, that's right, this quest has a scripted wide slash sword, a scripted frostgale boomerang, a scripted inferno bow, and a scripted electroshot. Oh, and that's just Link's items. Oh, did I forget to mention you have Party Members? A Wizzrobe, a Darknut, an Octorock, and even Zelda herself will join you on this quest, and you can switch between them at will. Each character has a main "shield" ability, 4 items with 2 different effects each, and their own health bar! How? A custom subscreen, of course! Yes, there is a scripted subscreen, and it changes depending on which character you play as (minor changes, like items and stuff, but hey, still changes). Oh, and there will be a dark world, too. Well, a "bad future" world, but it acts pretty much the same way.

You interested? Why not support the quest by linking to it in your signature? Or better yet, have a userbar!

w7lbib.jpg

If you to help in any way, you may! Just send me a message or post in this thread!

Edited by Dimentio, 15 October 2015 - 04:47 PM.

• Mr.Butters likes this

#2 CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539

Lord of Cyberspace

• Members

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:48 PM

This looks cool.  I will now follow! :)

• Deedee and Mr.Butters like this

#3 Mr.Butters

Mr.Butters

Taco Man

• Members

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:13 PM

is there anyway i can help? :bounce:

#4 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:21 PM

Sure! You can send in custom graphics, scripts, or just toss out ideas. Anyway you think you can help.

• Mr.Butters likes this

#5 Mr.Butters

Mr.Butters

Taco Man

• Members

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:32 PM

i will see what i can do for ya!

#6 Flying Fish

Flying Fish

King of the Fish

• Members

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:34 PM

That is a pretty cool idea having the capability to switch between character during game play I and would be interesting in seeing the final product of this.

You get my vote for that.

When I am looking for ideas for a my quest I would play random quests on purezc.net (good or bad) and/or watch LPer's play through of a quests they decided to do.

• Deedee and Mr.Butters like this

#7 Mr.Butters

Mr.Butters

Taco Man

• Members

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:13 PM

maybe you can make a controllable boomerang or some thing like that.its just something i thought of. :shrug:

#8 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:37 PM

I already have a boomerang that freezes water, shoots wind, and gives off a cool stun effect. I might add it as a separate item, though. Good idea!

• Mr.Butters likes this

#9 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:17 AM

Yay! The Expo has been delayed! More content for the people!

I hope to include at least 2 of the 3 main nonlinear dungeons. Level 4 will be unlikely to show up in the expo, because if you see how huge level 1 is, you'd know that Level 4 would be a pain in the butt to design.

Speaking of dungeon sizes, Level 1 is very big. 6x6 diamond shaped first floor, 4x4 diamond shaped second floor, 2x2 square third floor, 1 room fourth floor to tenth floor, 8x8 diamond shaped eleventh floor, and boss room twelfth floor. Floor 11 is my favourite floor, because Wind > Ice.

Edited by Dimentio, 16 October 2015 - 07:25 AM.

• Mr.Butters likes this

#10 Mr.Butters

Mr.Butters

Taco Man

• Members

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:50 AM

i found a script you might like!Donation Shop

#11 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:35 PM

Thanks! I would have never known about that had you not told me! (I don't check the front page very often)

Anyways, I really could use some potential beta testers for when the beta is released. I know that somehow, my quest is going to be unfair in more ways than one, and I want this to be the best it can be for the Expo, so I need to know about any problems before they get released. You will have access to all the features in the expo early, so consider this an early expo if you sign up!

#12 Mr.Butters

Mr.Butters

Taco Man

• Members

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:42 PM

im cool with that!

#13 Mr.Butters

Mr.Butters

Taco Man

• Members

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:16 PM

hey i found another script that you might like!ALttP Beamos

• Deedee likes this

#14 Mr.Butters

Mr.Butters

Taco Man

• Members

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:45 PM

maybe you will find this interesting.More Swords for Koten!

• Deedee likes this

#15 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:44 PM

maybe you will find this interesting.More Swords for Koten!

These things literally pop up on the front page for everyone or can be found via a quick search. Do we really need to keep doing this? Or at least compile everything as one list for one post.

Also pretty sure this quest isn't for Koten.

• Eddy, coolgamer012345 and Deedee like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users