Welcome to PureZC 2008.

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 elise

elise

RIP Elise, 7/20/2011 - 49 Years Young.

• Members

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:14 AM

I never say then don't need recognition , I only say look out how you say it , you know like no other that people around here even made quests not because they liked it but because they thought they would get respect by doing it .
and yes I know about making a skin , made a couple myself icon_wink.gif

#32 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:39 AM

It's different kind of respects, I think. icon_shrug.gif Making a quest is more like ... an individual project developed on your own time by yourself (Or with a partner.) Whereas the kind of respect we're likely talking about here is likened toward that of a Staff Member versus a non-Staff Member. All have varying amounts of respect, as well as different kinds of respect. The kind of respect given to a quest author is in a different field entirely than the kind of respect earned by helping contribute towards the site, which is different than the respect given to the forum veterans versus the forum newcomers.

Though maybe I still don't know what your point is, elise. Is it an issue of tact? Of the phrasing? Maybe none of us are on the same page? Either way, I'm sure we all mean well in whatever we say. That at least can be a given, considering who is saying it. icon_smile.gif

(And I can't contain my curiosity: What skins? That's so awesome! ^_^ )

#33 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:46 PM

whewt.

I hope everyone's well.

Cause I forgot to mention Happy new years to everyone!

and Christmas...

#34 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:58 PM

Oh, wait, I don't get a gold heart? I've contributed so much!

Well, wouldn't you consider laughter and smiles a good contribution?

icon_blah.gif

#35 NekoArc

NekoArc

trans catgirl extrodinaire

• Members

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE(Hunter P Brown @ Jan 1 2008, 11:19 PM) View Post

My four hearts looks sexy. icon_biggrin.gif

My purple name looks sexier. icon_biggrin.gif:D:D:D

Have a great new year, PZC!!!

I couldn't have said it any better myself icon_biggrin.gif

#36 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:57 PM

I have a recommendation to make to the Site Staff:

I see there is a new "Contributer" rank. I propose that Evile and Gleeok are given this rank. Evile is active in "Developer's Exchange" and selflessly helps almost anyone who asks. Gleeok is the same in Scripting Discussion - he helps solve and create scrips for basically anyone who asks him.

Just something to put up for consideration.

#37 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:05 PM

With that logic, Joe123 should be in there for scripting, among various others.

We could put Ebola in there for contributing spam. icon_deformed.gif

Hey, I should be in there for contributing the WATER!!!! topic. icon_deformed.gif

NOTE: those last two lines were complete jokes. Ebola doesn't spam, and the WATER!!!! topic only affects a few people. icon_heh.gif

#38 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:15 PM

The Satellite is right, if we make somebody Contributor for being active in DE, then we would have to make a lot of people Contributor for various excuses reasons. It's good this way. Now can't anybody get this rank just by drawing a ton of tiles or such. (Their reward now is the crediting in many quests and such...)

#39 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:16 PM

Was it mentioned?

http://www.purezc.co...?showtopic=1786

That needs some updation.

#40 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:38 AM

TS : It's been archived.

I'd assume the contributor rank, like other gold-heart ranks, it the staff's to give and asking for it (or recommending someone for it) isn't going to work.

#41 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:47 PM

One of the site staff has to change it. I did try but I can't. It's only a little over a year out of date, especially since this update just hit too. So... icon_shrug.gif

Yes, contributors are given that solely by the site staff. I don't know if they take requests however, something tells me that if you do ask, you're gonna need a good reason why.

#42 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:05 PM

Now can't anybody get this rank just by drawing a ton of tiles or such. (Their reward now is the crediting in many quests and such...)

No offense, but from what I've seen, Evile has contributed as much time to helping others quests and bettering the community as you have with Featured Quest of the Month.

I just wanted to throw the idea out there. The description of contributer is that "No-one who selflessly gives to the community will go unnoticed." It seems to me like they do selflessly give to the community.

:shrugs:

Yes, contributors are given that solely by the site staff. I don't know if they take requests however, something tells me that if you do ask, you're gonna need a good reason why.

I'm just putting other names on the table. There are a lot of people who help this community run that probably aren't getting all the recognition they deserve. /M/, CastChaos, and Sephiroth were prime examples of this.

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 05 January 2008 - 04:28 PM.

#43 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:01 PM

Evidence is important thing in the legal world. If I say "Sephiroth made the skin of PureZC" that's easily visible at the bottom of every forum and thread, but who doesn't believe, can ask staff or Wild Bill himself. However, if I say "Evile made a lot of palettes and such things that I don't remember." then it takes a lot of examination to see if Evile really contributed that much. I, for myself, against the "legal world" and keep track of such things like who makes tiles, palettes and helps people without keeping their name at the bottom of the page, but... Anyway... I bet staff don't want to go crazy on giving Contributor rank to people. After a time, there would be more Contributors than active normal members.

Besides... I told this in response what you said... Telling that runnin FQotM isn't bigger than what Evile does... However, then might be it was useless that I said these things, because I know that you are angry for FQotM (don't even try to deny), and might be you are angry that somebody gets this rank for FQotM.

(Hm, my first "global official person" post. Staff, have I done it right?)

#44 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Jan 5 2008, 03:01 PM) View Post

Evidence is important thing in the legal world. If I say "Sephiroth made the skin of PureZC" that's easily visible at the bottom of every forum and thread, but who doesn't believe, can ask staff or Wild Bill himself. However, if I say "Evile made a lot of palettes and such things that I don't remember." then it takes a lot of examination to see if Evile really contributed that much. I, for myself, against the "legal world" and keep track of such things like who makes tiles, palettes and helps people without keeping their name at the bottom of the page, but... Anyway... I bet staff don't want to go crazy on giving Contributor rank to people. After a time, there would be more Contributors than active normal members.

Okay dude, calm down. I just think a few more people should be acknowledged, that's all.

Besides... I told this in response what you said... Telling that runnin FQotM isn't bigger than what Evile does... However, then might be it was useless that I said these things, because I know that you are angry for FQotM (don't even try to deny), and might be you are angry that somebody gets this rank for FQotM.

I'm am not angry at FQotM. I disliked one review you guys gave, that doesn't mean I'm angry at it. I've probably posted more there in response to reviews than anyone else, and I wouldn't waste my time if I didn't think it was a good idea.

I'm not angry that you get the rank, CC - you easily deserved it, and I'm not undermining that. I just think you're not the only person who contributes to the site is all.

#45 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:32 PM

I wasn't angry, so I don't need to calm down. I just want to end this "Should there be more Contributors?" hidden background debate. (If there's one.) When I first read the first post, I also thought that there would be a lot of Contributors and I thought it would be according to Development Exchange activity, critizing, commenting and such.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users