Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:13 AM

Cool update. Happy new year too Pure ZC! icon_wink.gif

#17 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:15 AM

Happy New Year PureZC!

What a fresh new change! At first, I thought "Contributor" means an active member who does a lot of things (taking part in lots of discussions, submitting screens and videos, using DE frequently, etc.) but I see now that it's a honourable rank that is much harder to get than that. My name is now nice "turkish bat" colour! And finally everybody can see that I have golden heart. What a motivation to be even better than before! And now submit a quest so I can review it. icon_wink.gif

EDIT: New custom title. A Contributor can't be negative must be positive.

#18 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:36 AM

Oh yes. I absolutely love the contributors group. Too many people here have gone unrecognized for too long. I love seeing the fact that those people are now being recognized for their works.

And Hunter does look secsay in his new colors doesn't he?

#19 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:19 AM

This is a rather interesting change, ShadowTiger and the rest of the staff. :o Looks like I got my single gold heart back, o_O;

#20 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:28 AM

No gold heart for the Mask icon_frown.gif

Ah well, I'll have to earn it then ;P

GOOD SHOW OLD BEAN ^_^

#21 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:40 AM

The love new group "contributors" now people like CastChaos will get recognized for there supreme work!

Thank you mods icon_thumbsup.gif

#22 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:08 AM

This is a great thing, and efficient too (think of how many administrators we used to have).

Happy 2008 to those who I haven't said it to yet.

#23 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:09 PM

No more chat staff group? D:

There go my chances... *shot* icon_heh.gif

Yeah, nice upgrade. At least Shoelace and Hunter P have more hearts, now. I was hoping they'd get upgraded.

#24 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:11 PM

This is a good change. Makes things simpler and more efficient. Good job, guys.

#25 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:31 PM

I love the upgrades we have. Great job ST!

#26 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:41 PM

Looks a lot better.

#27 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:00 PM

Could people please stop thanking me for all this? XD icon_lol.gif Thanks, certainly, but it's not fair to the rest of the peoples here.

#28 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:33 AM

Cool, several of my suggestions for group names got implemented. icon_smile.gif I was hoping the new group names would be simple and easier to understand, and it looks like they are.

Congrats to all the people who got across-the-board promotions as a result of this. You may not have gotten officially-announced individual promotions, but staff wouldn't have done it this way if they didn't feel that all of the people in those groups already deserved it. icon_smile.gif

"Contributor" is basically like an awarded title. Since everybody already receives their own custom title at 1,000 posts, we needed a member group in order for it to be an actual award and accomplishment.

Incidentally, is there an easy to find out why an individual member has been awarded the Contributor title without asking them? Because asking them "why" is a little awkward no matter how you do it, and yet I imagine newcomers will want to know these things about the respected forum veterans.

#29 elise

elise

RIP Elise, 7/20/2011 - 49 Years Young.

• Members

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:27 AM

This was what I was afraid for PLEASE be carefull what you say about this new tittle
and yet I imagine newcomers will want to know these things about the respected forum veterans.

You just declared all the other members that hang around here not respected, and I don't think that is what you want to say or even meant to do . icon_wink.gif

#30 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:45 AM

Actually, any newcomer who joins up with the forums is quite the contributor by merely adding to the numbers. It's easy to do that. We both did it when we joined.

Then you can start posting and be an active contributor. You can help with ZQuest Help topics, you can participate in SSOTW, you can be active in the General forums, etc. You're helping Pure to live and be active. You gain postcount and rank for that, and eventually a custom title.

But then! ... Then! ... To go above and beyond even that, takes some volunteer work. To volunteer your time to help host SSOTW, the Superlatives, organizing forum events or forums, or even going so far as to make a Custom Skin all by yourself. (Do you know how long that takes? All by yourself?) To say that stuff like that doesn't deserve recognition is a cruel joke indeed. icon_confused.gif

So no, elise, the new title isn't an eliticism title meant to discriminate, nor is it a method to. It's a way of differentiating between the "Everybody is equal" theory and the "You earn what you work towards" theory. If everybody was equal and nobody worked for what they wanted or worked to help better a place, there wouldn't be very much change or progress at all because everyone would think they deserve awesomeness right from the get-go. Things don't work like that; not even if we tell people it does. It's human nature to be hierarchical, and most of the time, only the lazy and naturally untalented will complain, and even then, the untalented can at least be friendly and cooperative, and will eventually find their niche because of it. It's happened so many times before.

Also, Radien, there's a list here somewhere that describes the reasons why the three individuals have earned their keep. Let me transcribe it to the first post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users