• Please log in to reply
856 replies to this topic

#46 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

More Temple Gameplay (Spoilers? Who knows.)

#47 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Moldorm was never that difficult o.o. Just 3 or 4 spin attacks and he's down, and you can get them in pretty fast. No 2D Zelda game has ever been hard anyway, except Zelda 2 towards the end. Every 3D Zelda game I've played was extremely easy.

Edited by Koh, 18 April 2013 - 04:27 PM.

#48 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE(Koh @ Apr 18 2013, 05:26 PM) View Post

Moldorm was never that difficult o.o. Just 3 or 4 spin attacks and he's down, and you can get them in pretty fast.

He easily knocked you off if he hit you at the right angle.

No 2D Zelda game has ever been hard anyway, except Zelda 2 towards the end. Every 3D Zelda game I've played was extremely easy.

Coming from the guy who never played any 3D Zelda after Majora's Mask? You've got to be kidding.

Edited by Jared, 19 April 2013 - 01:03 AM.

#49 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Zelda has never been a hardcore game though. Even on a Link to the Past where things did obscene amounts of damage in the Dark World, fairies in bottles covered for that. I've never legitimately had trouble with any Zelda game (even Ocarina of Time's Water Temple...people always seem to forget that one key under the block that gets raised with the water level), except for, again Zelda II towards the end. The last stretch of the game was obnoxious.

#50 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE(Koh @ Apr 18 2013, 05:26 PM) View Post

Moldorm was never that difficult o.o. Just 3 or 4 spin attacks and he's down

False, spin attacks do normal damage on Moldorm, so they don't make the battle any faster. Unless that's something stupid they added the GBA version which by the way, shouldn't exist

#51 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE(Koh @ Apr 18 2013, 04:26 PM) View Post

Every 3D Zelda game I've played was extremely easy.

Gotta agree with you here, so far every 3d Zelda game is painfully easy. (Its one of the main reasons I hate twilight princess that game is way to easy)

#52 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE(Scootaloo @ Apr 18 2013, 05:42 PM) View Post

False, spin attacks do normal damage on Moldorm, so they don't make the battle any faster. Unless that's something stupid they added the GBA version which by the way, shouldn't exist

Says who? It was a great way for anyone who didn't own an SNES to get a chance to play the game legitimately. It's not like I was getting an SNEs any time soon, but I did have a GBA XP. Besides, I liked the buffed bosses in the Four Sword Palace. I feel like those should've been the original Dark World bosses, because they were way too easy.

#53 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE(Jared @ Apr 18 2013, 02:22 PM) View Post

Things I like:

- Using the merge ability to stall and ride a brick to an upper level.
- Stalfos jumping into pots makes them break, causing you to be more cautious.
- Yay midway warp points!
- Breaking floors with hammer to trap enemies and keep them away from you.
- ALttP sound effects!
- Falling through the floor to find items to continue, some may overlook that.
- Really digging those Light World dungeon and boss remixes.

Things I don't like:

- The bow should not use stamina. Are Nintendo determined to keep us from using it as a rapidfire weapon from now on?
- Loading screens! D: (Okay I suppose they were inevitable eventually)
- Kinda wish Moldorm would bounce you backward rather than just knock you down with a bit of knockback, but I suppose if he's the new first boss it's an acceptable nerfing.

So this looks very solid, the merge ability doesn't seem forced at all (though this doesn't appear to be the entire dungeon start to finish so who knows), and I feel much better about this game. This should be good...

#54 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

I still hate the animation of the enemies, specifically the Stalfos that throw bones at you and the green things that shock you if you hit them with the sword.

And yeah Moldorm not having HUGE knockback? FOR SHAME NINTENDO! I hope there are difficulty settings or a New Game+ (Hard Mode+) as they did start introducing it with Zelda: OoT 3DS and Skyward Sword and I'd love them to continue doing it.

Edited by franpa, 19 April 2013 - 12:24 AM.

#55 Hoff123

Hoff123

The Hoff :)

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:23 AM

Check this out. Orchestrated music, that doesn't sound bland and boring, and "atmospheric"(like in SS lol).

http://www.zeldadung.../#disqus_thread

Well they say it's orchestrated anyway, but I guess Nintendo hasn't said so themselves yet...

#56 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

Every enemy STILL doing half heart damage?

Dungeon music is awesome.
Sound FX is great.
Messages when opening chests are fast! (Amazing)
Gameplay looks pretty cool.
Too many 100 rupee chests?
7 hits to kill Moldorm boss, cool.
Uses buttons instead of touch screen for most gameplay, both awesome and about time.
Dislike some enemy animations (Not all). Perhaps it will not look so bad in 3D. Overall visuals look nice in 2D though.

Edited by franpa, 19 April 2013 - 12:51 AM.

#57 Hoff123

Hoff123

The Hoff :)

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE(franpa @ Apr 19 2013, 07:30 AM) View Post

Every enemy STILL doing half heart damage?

Dungeon music is awesome.
Sound FX is great.
Messages when opening chests are fast!
Gameplay looks pretty cool.
Too many 100 rupee chests?

At least the boss takes a whole heart(remember how it was in Twilight Princess lol).

#58 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE(Hoff123 @ Apr 19 2013, 03:43 PM) View Post

At least the boss takes a whole heart(remember how it was in Twilight Princess lol).
I suppose, and it also takes 7 hits to kill.

#59 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:58 AM

Hey, I was right about Zelda 3DS using orchestrated music! Sweet.

Am I the only one in LOVE with the new item hold up sound? It sounds like aLttP's, but more orchestrated and Zelda-modernized.

#60 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

Hmm ... Looking at this, I'm starting to get concerned they're going to make things too similar. This place looks like the Tower of Hera. It had the same music as the ToH. And the same boss. And the same boss music. If it isn't the tower, then it might as well be. And if it IS the tower, then I wonder if these "all new dungeons" are really the same locations with different layouts. In a new game, I want to visit new places, and I'm starting to fear the whole project is based in nostalgia without very much new to offer. It looks and sounds great, don't get me wrong ... But the point seems to be "look how much this looks like Lttp!" and not "We're making something new and fantastic because we're inspired!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users