• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jambu

Jambu

Junior

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him, They / Them

Posted 29 March 2024 - 07:08 PM

I'm sure there's a few ways of handling a trading sequence similiar to lets say Links Awakening where you Get Item A from having item B. May I ask how such a thing works in ZC?

Edited by Jambu, 29 March 2024 - 07:09 PM.

#2 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 29 March 2024 - 07:32 PM

I suppose the easiest way is using string control codes: https://www.zeldacla...docs/?jump=sccs

To check and switch strings if the player has a certain item: \5\itemid\newstring
To give an item: \16\itemid

You can put these control codes in string and they won't be visible to the player. Very useful and no scripting required.

Then you could use that for trading items. If you want it to use only one subscreen slot than make all of the items in the trading sequence of the same item class, but increment the level of the item.

I hope that helps, but feel free to ask more quests. This is the best non-scripted method I know of, but there might even be something easier nowadays.

• Alucard648, Emily, notmichaeljfox and 1 other like this

#3 Jambu

Jambu

Junior

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him, They / Them

Posted 29 March 2024 - 08:09 PM

Alrighty then! I have to see what those can do! Thanks for the help Twilight Knight!

• Twilight Knight and Emily like this

#4 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 29 March 2024 - 08:46 PM

Alrighty then! I have to see what those can do! Thanks for the help Twilight Knight!

Note that you no longer need to type the full codes in yourself, you can use the `Insert SCC` button in the string editor and have it help you configure them.

Also, the link Twilight Knight posted is to the old website, which is out of date (and no longer under our control to update)- it's better to link to the new site, here: https://zquestclassi...ript/?jump=sccs

• Twilight Knight and Jambu like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users