Super Mario Bros. Crossover

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

So, 3 years ago some dude name Jay Pavlina decided to begin working on a game that would bring some of the most iconic NES characters together in order to defeat the evil King Koopa and restore peace to the Mushroom Kingdom. That game became Super Mario Bros. Crossover. Three years later, we're approaching the release of version 3.0 of this grand game, which will add in TONS of new features that you can see by checking out their site at www.explodingrabbit.com. Trust me, it's worth doing.

As my way of celebrating their anniversary, I decided to try once again to do a Survival run through the game. Could be fun!

Spoiler

#2 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

Love this game, I've been playing it for a couple years :P

#3 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

wonder if he's adding new characters in 3.0? You'd think he might be limited to platformers that can jump, but.. if he's clever, he might get away with Radd Spencer (Bionic Commando), or possibly even Vic Viper (Gradius)

#4 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

Wow. This makes me realize that the last time I played this was waaaaaay too long ago, when it was just the original SMB with some different characters to play as. Definitely will have to keep up with this and try it again myself. :3
  • DCEnygma likes this

#5 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

wonder if he's adding new characters in 3.0? You'd think he might be limited to platformers that can jump, but.. if he's clever, he might get away with Radd Spencer (Bionic Commando), or possibly even Vic Viper (Gradius)

I don't think he's planning on adding any more in this update, but he might be keeping it a secret. However, several of the characters have skins that actually play differently than the original character, which makes a huge difference.

#6 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

We need to keep recruiting if we're going to make it all the way to the end, so 1ups become like precious water in the desert. How will we fare in worlds 3 and 4? Will Lakitu jack us up when he appears? Worlds 3 & 4 await us!

Spoiler

#7 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:22 AM

Been trying to play along, but I suck at Survival. I figured I'd try playing as a set character, but the farthest I've gotten is 5-2 as Mega Man. (Not playing as Mario/Luigi. What's the point?) Not being able to kill Bullet Bills, jump on enemies, or even duck makes it surprisingly difficult. (I don't have much practice at Mega Man games, either)

#8 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

Y'know... every single time I say this bad things happen but... things are going really well in this survival run so far overall! Will our fortune change in World's 5 and 6, also known as the least remembered Worlds in Super Mario Bros? (seriously, you either blow through them without thinking about it, or you skip them altogether)

Spoiler

#9 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

The end is in sight and we literally can't be any more prepared than we are right now. Will the team survive the perils of Worlds 7 & 8? Or will King Koopa ultimately triumph? I know where I'd put my money based on my history of doing these...

Spoiler

Also, thanks for watching these everyone! I'm definately going to do more, possibly some single-character runs. Any one in particular you'd be interested in seeing?

#10 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

Any one in particular you'd be interested in seeing?

Going to be an ass and say do Simon. Swindle squad, move out!

#11 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

Going to be an ass and say do Simon. Swindle squad, move out!

Hmm... with Classic Jumping only?

#12 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

But of course! It wouldn't be Rustlevania without that loveable zero air control jump.

Edit: After attempting to play the first level with original Simon, I recommend playing with the Infinite Time cheat.

Edited by Moosh, 06 May 2013 - 08:32 AM.

#13 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

Super Mario Crossover seems to get more improved with every version. This makes for a fun Let's Play, especially if everything is chosen to be random.

#14 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

I don't think he's planning on adding any more in this update, but he might be keeping it a secret. However, several of the characters have skins that actually play differently than the original character, which makes a huge difference.

Now the skins play different too? I remember like... Wily has a gun. Bass is different than that maybe. I don't remember a whole lot else.

Edited by King Aquamentus, 06 May 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#15 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:38 AM

Now the skins play different too? I remember like... Wily has a gun. Bass is different than that maybe. I don't remember a whole lot else.

Quick Man (Bass skin) moves faster than any other character, Pit (Samus skin) has to stay in place when shooting upwards, and there are a few others I can't think of off the top of my head.

---------------

Time to take another trip into the world of Super Mario Bros. Crossover! This time, we're going to try and beat the game with Simon Belmont using his classic jump configuration. This means we will have little to no control over his jump direction, so extra care will need to be taken. Especially if we were to, say, run into a situation where we had to deal with abnormal physics due to an increase in moisture. Yeah... 2-2 wasn't made for Simon.

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users