Zelda Classic LP?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

Okay, I want to start doing LPs of Zelda Classic quests, but I don't have the slightest idea of which ones to do. A such, I have some criteria, and I want people's suggestions:

a ) I want a quest that isn't going to have me spending 40 minutes wandering around to find something. I want to play a quest that has some level of clear direction for the main story (if it has obscure secrets, that's fine, because they are... y'know... SECRETS).

b ) I'm playing on a 64-bit Windows 7 system, which means I can't run anything pre 1.92 b184 at all... unless someone knows how. I've theorized that I could DOSbox it, but I haven't tried. So I'm open to suggestions of older games only if someone knows a good way to run them.

c ) Lastly, if you recommend one of your own created games, know that I am a snarky asshole and will riff over the game. This isn't meant to be offensive to your work, it's just a thing that I do. So please understand that before offering up a suggestion.

I'm open to all suggestions from you guys as long as it fits into the above criteria. I would also make sure that you let me know what version of ZC it's best to play the suggested quest on, since that will prevent me from hopefully hitting a gamebreaking bug due to the engine. I'm really interested in hearing from you all! icon_biggrin.gif

#2 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

Mini

Try your sarcasm on this POS quest. It's rough at first, there's no triforce pieces, you easily get lost and killed, and no one really guides you around. If you can make it to the top left corner of the overworld, you're doing well.

oops: for 2.10

Edited by peteandwally, 18 March 2013 - 08:32 AM.

#3 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

• Members

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE(peteandwally @ Mar 18 2013, 07:31 AM) View Post
Mini

Try your sarcasm on this POS quest. It's rough at first, there's no triforce pieces, you easily get lost and killed, and no one really guides you around. If you can make it to the top left corner of the overworld, you're doing well.

oops: for 2.10
I'm not really sure how entertaining it would be for me to die over and over again, if it's as hard as you say. icon_wink.gif I'll keep this up for a couple more days, then if I'm not getting a lot of responses, I might just go through the DB, pick a few quests, and make a poll. Failing that, I'll figure something out. icon_biggrin.gif

#4 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

You could always give my quest a go. http://www.purezc.co...mp;showComments

I'm sure you'll have fun with it, and one thing to note the game is pretty linear. and secrets are secrets. icon_razz.gif
You know all the stuff that makes a simple quest <.<

Edit: It should be able to be played in the final version of ZC 2.5.
Edit#2: If it isn't playable in the final version, use RC3 which is found here - http://www.mediafire...wb4eywz2ma4gd2h

Edited by Ventus, 19 March 2013 - 09:44 AM.

#5 aaa2

aaa2

Wizard

• Banned

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

I would suggest you play Swansong Genesis by Freedom.

#6 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

I second Swansong Genesis. I tried playing that game a while back and got lost. (not bad design, I just took too long coming back to it and forgot what to do next) I wouldn't mind seeing an LP of it and getting entertained and helped a bit at the same time.

#7 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:06 AM

Hmmm... I can find Swansong, which appears to be a 1.92 quest, but I don't see Swansong Genesis in the DB. Where could I check that out?

#8 aaa2

aaa2

Wizard

• Banned

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

Uploaded it for you and sent you the link by pm. Disregard the first link in my pm as it is dead just get my upload.

Edited by aaa2, 20 March 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#9 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=44947
This was the topic for it, but the file is gone. I've got it myself if needed. Though aaa2 seems to have sent you the file. icon_smile.gif I wanted a friend to LP this but he played something else, so I'm down to watch this LP. I've played up to level two.

#10 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Origin, by me. I'd love to hear your riffs. I hear a lot of praise about it, its time I heard from the other side! So let me have it! lol
It was updated for 2.10, but I believe it can be played near flawlessly in 2.5. No one has said anything otherwise.

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 20 March 2013 - 04:18 PM.

#11 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

Since there are more votes for Swansong Genesis, I would be compelled to play that first, but the only file that I've been given is the .qst file. Based on the information in the thread, there should be a few other files, all packed in a .zip file. If I'm going to play it, I'd ideally like to play the version that was intended, with all the content. If someone has it or can direct me to it, great. If not, I will probably go with Origin first. Anyone?

#12 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

I've still got it. It's really late, so wait until tomorrow for me to zip everything up and upload it to MediaFire. (I'm kind of forgetful, so if I forget to do this, please remind me. I don't mind, I just don't want it to slip my mind.)

#13 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Alright, got it. Here you go.

http://www.mediafire...2lpya2murkab1y0

#14 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

Alright, thanks for the files, everyone! icon_smile.gif I will probably start playing this and recording some footage this week.

#15 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

This should get very interesting around level two. icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users