• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Deathrider

Deathrider

Nothing Special Here

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 June 2023 - 02:21 PM

This is by far the largest demo in sheer quantity of things. This demo will have a minidungeon and a main dungeon as usual but so much more around it. I have definitely found that I love making scripted sequences that the player goes through (complete with branching paths and F6 protections). I have no idea when this demo will come out as so many changes have happened and I do want to do some regression testing before release (the first thing in this demo was a script overhaul so things could be broken). I also want to look through old bosses and refine their logic which is something I have wanted to do and am deciding to do now (such as making the Legionnaires scalable as originally the one I used for level 1 was only going to be for level one but now want it to be usable everywhere throughout the game).

Soon I should be adding more screenshots, but I do want to be careful because of spoilers for those of yall that don't want to be spoiled (and most of what I have done is a bit of a spoiler sans level 3.

Motivation is still very high, and I want to get further into the game so I can start getting to the mid stages of a lot of the things I have started (trading sequences, NPC dialogue that hint at things, basically give pay off to things the player has heard of up until now). I also want to start on the cutscenes that I have waited on since I wanted to feel more confident with the story. Oddly enough hearing awesome music motivates me more where I hear a song that would be perfect for a dungeon makes me want to make a dungeon for it haha! I am extremely excited to hear thoughts on what I have done when it comes out, and thank yall for following along the project!

Edited by Deathrider, 13 June 2023 - 02:29 PM.

• Twilight Knight, Ica and Joelmacool like this

#2 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 14 June 2023 - 02:12 AM

Great to hear progress is steady and that you are enjoying making your quest is a very good thing as well!

Let me know if I need to test something for you again.

• Deathrider likes this

#3 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 06 July 2023 - 12:02 AM

I'm glad your spirits are high! The more love and care is put on a project, the better it's bound to become. I can see improvement on your latest screenshots, I'm excited to see some more!

• Deathrider likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users