Various questions

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#76 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:10 PM

And I thought making them permanent was the problem!

Are you talking about in a dungeon or an overworld DMap? I believe it makes a difference.

Anyway, my advice is to make the flag that triggers those secrets something that requires an item to trigger it. For example, I have a dungeon in my quest that requires the arrows to open access to a passage. Every time you return to the room, you have to use arrows; they don't stay permanent.
You could try just a slash flag; I haven't tested it (in a while), but I don't think sword slash flags are permanent.

Edited by Lightwulf, 12 October 2011 - 09:11 PM.

#77 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

It is a dungeon problem, being it Level 2 Boss.
And I believe i'm using slash trigger.
Also, if it doesnt work again, i'll try switching it with a enemy flag.
Thanks, though. icon_smile.gif

#78 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:25 PM

yeah, here it comes. Get ready, and.... and... are you ready, hun?... and... and... it's comming.... oh boy!... and.... check it out... and... BANG

18# in gerudo's fortress, there are the gerudo, which switch positions so you can time your way through. However, I need the combo change, which goes from place to place (stairs - none) and the sprites. However, the combos are set to start with one, and the sprites can be anything when you enter the screen, and I dont think I can set it to be different combos due to them being on layers (Gerudo sprite and light [Yeah, IT'S DARK!]). Anyway I can solve this?

#79 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

icon_blink.gif I'm sorry, but I don't follow what you're saying. Could you clarify?

What do you mean by "I need the combo change" and "the sprites can be anything when you enter the screen"?

#80 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

Here, have a video:

http://www.youtube.c...o&feature=feedu

read the info if you dont understand what is going on.

#81 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:14 PM

Watched it. Got it. (The video helps a ton.)

I can understand that you have combo cycling for the orange warp tiles.
Question: How did you program the sprite/light differently? Are they FFC's or something?

#82 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:24 PM

It's just 'tile' cycling. The problem is it starts at ramdom and I dont think combos can cycle on layers different than 0.

Also, thanks a lot for the help and support icon_biggrin.gif

#83 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:43 PM

In order to figure this out, it would help to know what you have the A.Frames and A.Speed set to for the floor combos that are cycling, the combos for the light and the combo for the sprite.

In the meantime, I'll check the rules to see if I can find anything.

#84 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:56 AM

thanks, but I dont think that would make a difference, since the animation can start at ramdom but the combo start with whatever is set on the screen. I'll look for at the rules too.

#85 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:12 PM

That's what I'm trying to figure out: Why does it appear at random??
Is that on purpose? (Doubtful, but I thought I'd ask anyway.)

It appears to me that the combos are restarting while the tile animation is not. In that case, it's not necessarily random but when you leave and come back the tile animation picks up from where it left off while the combos reset.

#86 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:14 PM

I guess I'll just have to come up something else then...

#87 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:36 PM

I took a look at this. (It is frustrating; I know, as I've come across a similar layers problem.)

If you were using version 2.5, there's a screen flag for "Cycle Combos on Screen Init" that might fix the problem. Also, there's a few things with layers that could get the layers' combo cycling to work.

Since your quest is in 2.10, the only possible thing to do is find a way to use combo cycling on layer 0.
Would you consider having the floor be black instead of tile? That way at least the Gerudo could keep the same color and still use combo cycling. If your pallette for the Gerudo had the color of the light, you could add that to make a separate Gerudo sprite with the lit up background. You could still have the dark transparent layer and maybe leave a "hole" where it's not dark right over where the custom lit up combos are. That might work.

Edit: One other thing I just thought of (that might be a better solution) - just use colored floor combos to show where the Gerudo is looking rather than than using the overlay. You can either remove the darkness or just have the open hole as I suggested above.
To make the Gerudo sprite work, you could have the background of the Gerudo sprite part of the sprite itself. You could make floor tiles that use the Gerudo's CSet and use the "O" key in the tile editor (after using "C" to copy the Gerudo sprite, of course) to overlay the Gerudo sprites on top of them. (However, the "O" key only works for one tile at a time; if you copy more than one tile, it will only overlay the first copied tile over the first selected tile. But this shouldn't be a problem.)
This way, all your cycling is done with combo cycling, rather than relying on timing to make the animations line up.

Edited by Lightwulf, 03 December 2011 - 03:23 PM.

#88 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

Hey, I think I worked it out.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=uZfxpS8aKLI

And the gerudo is standing on a special platform... because I had to come up with something...
Thanks for all the help! icon_biggrin.gif

#89 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(Ica44 @ Dec 7 2011, 11:05 PM) View Post

And the gerudo is standing on a special platform... because I had to come up with something...

I am glad to read that it works now. icon_thumbsup.gif

#90 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE(Ica44 @ Dec 7 2011, 03:05 PM) View Post

Sweeet! I love how the Gerudo throws him in a holding pit and he has to use the hookshot to get out, just like in OoT!

Nice work! Glad I could be of help. icon_smile.gif

Edited by Lightwulf, 07 December 2011 - 04:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users