• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

I am stuck near the end of L1.

At the left wing, north of the room with goriyas and boomerang, is a dark room with some zols and 2 fancy shooter statues.

The problem is, I don't know how to open that brown shutter to the north.

I killed all zols, checked for wall masters, tried bombing the right wall, threw boomerang, hookshot and candle at everything. No success.

I suspect the ladder behind, because I can't hookshot to the candle before the boss room, where I already got to, before remembering to go back to the left wing.

I never got this far in this quest, even though I started playing it a few times since 2006.

Freedom is best!

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

Apparently, if the room you're talking about is the room I'm thinking about, you have to push the lower-right statue to open that door, once all the enemies are dead. It's the room with the four Zols, right?

Also, screenshots are definitely useful.

#3 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:06 PM

Thank you, ShadowTiger, that was the solution!

I gave a detailed description to avoid using an image, I won't do that next time.

#4 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:08 PM

If it works, it works; I just like to avoid any potential confusion. Words are nice, but a picture is worth at least a thousand words. One person wants help, another person wants to help, and both people want to be sure the other person knows what it's in reference to, beyond the shadow of a doubt.

... and that's okay.

#5 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:24 PM

I'm hopelessly stuck in Swashbuckling Swamp (which I presume to be L2).

What I did:

I got a key from somewhere that wasn't by any of the bs patras (Maybe from the middle bridge room?) and unlocked the west entrance. Then I proceeded to kill the 2 bs patras for one key each, and while opening one of the "two hatch, one orb" secrets and while opening the bridge on the middle bridge screen, I used the two keys up like this:

-one at the west wing, to get through the opened bridge, past the red bubbles into the blue bubble room where I could have hookshot over only if I opened the red hatch earlier, which I presume I would need the raft for

-one at the east wing to stab a red pyramid and get another key, with stabbing the red pyramid have opened a door in the same room which I can't access yet (maybe a series of bombings starting from a northeast room where I haven't been yet?

Current standings:

I have a key, no L2 dungeon items and have the west entrance opened.

I can't do anything at the northeast entrance.

I think I need the raft, as well as the bow (I bought arrow) because I see yellow hatches and at least 1-2 gohmas. Alas, I don't find any of these items.

I know only 3 entrances: west (initially locked), east, northeast (just one room, I can't do anything with).

Before an F6 retry, I experimented with the locked door at Mountain View, which eventually led to the swamp, to a dock. Is that involved with L2, do I need to get through that "bear home invaded by gleeoks" cave? If so, I need the raft first... But then again, to make the best use of the raft, I'd need the bow first, for one of the raft intersections are opened on a yellow hatch screen...

#6 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:16 AM

News.

Searching the forums again, I found the directions to the bow (THAT walkable wall could have been guessed HOW?), but the gohmas led me only to raft opening ways and I don't actually have the raft. I went to the northeast entrance again, as well as checking back to Mountain View and the village, but nothing.

So, where is the raft? Is it around L2, or elsewhere? Does it require the bow? I couldn't find anything about it and sadly, there's still no an LP of this quest...

#7 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

Apparently, there is a raft. It's in Swashbuckle swamp, in the northwest-most screen, (top-row, one screen to the right of the top-left corner.) hiding in a chest in a room with two bats and three like likes.

#8 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

Thank you... I... found it... by pushing a candle into a wall.

So ironic, most time I think of Freedom's quests, I remember his "push candle into wall" screens, but I didn't even think of that here, it was accidental...

All along, I thought I needed to stab the red orb south of the raft's big chest to make another candle hookshotable, and now I see that red orb does actually require the raft, as I guessed. Man, I need to get back into shape. I couldn't have allowed myself such in 2006-2007.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#9 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:21 AM

What do I do in L3 after getting ocarina and L2 boomerang?

I opened many many passages before getting the new boomerang, but I don't find anything in the entire Adobe Flats that reacts to that new boomerang.

Points of interest:

(note that these pictures are from before when I got the map and L2 boomerang. I have no key now)

zelda007.png

I don't know how to open that passage. I thought I needed to do something with those cloths or machines next to Link, but it doesn't react to anything.

zelda009.png

I don't know what to do there. Only four blocks, but 6 floor depressions. I couldn't arrange them in a way that did anything.

Also, should I have the letter/mushroom item by this point? I can now open the supposedly "cheap" potion shop at Adobe Flats with the ocarina, but I still can't buy anything there.

#10 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

First, the letter. In the north-east-most corner of the overworld, there is a fairy screen. "Relax, I can heal your wounds." Two screens south of that, there is a giant tree that says "PSSST. Mister, could you put that fire out?" Four screens to the west of that screen there is a single giant tree with glowing red eyes, with a smaller 2x2 tree directly to its left. Burn the left side of the bottom-central root of the bigger tree. A mushroom will appear in the upper left of the screen. To get it, you actually have to walk to the south from the screen above it, under the foliage.

The first screenshot you showed, you have to use the boomerang on the upper-left pig face statue, and then the upper-right pig face statue. Then the door will open.

I believe the second screenshot is a one-way trip. The blocks don't have anything to trigger. Only when you walk in from the south side and walk a little bit into the room do the statues' spears move aside. There's no way to trigger that from anywhere else in the room, I'm afraid.

#11 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

im mssing this chest key for the 2nd boomer no idea where to find it20af96u.pngrbble1.pngheres where i been to in this pic

#12 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:05 PM

At the westmost column, when you are going northwards on the conveyor belt, there's a screen with three candles at the right. You need to manage to hookshot to them and kill all enemies on screen. Then does the key appear that I later used for the chest.

And thank you ST, that will surely work, I still haven't the time to play more of Tortuga yet.

#13 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

dang already used that  key up hmm

#14 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

Level 6

nl8pyt.jpg

96vtkj.jpg

Any idea in how to open those shutters? =( I'm stuck

Great quest by the way, this is the definitive masterpiece from Freedom. His typical cryptic stuff can die in a hole, but is super adictive.

Edit: Nevermind, I finished Level 6.

The first door is a one-way shutter... The second was opened with reflected magic to the statue. I was missing a fake wall in the right part of the dungeon.

Edited by Air Luigi, 13 February 2014 - 10:39 PM.

#15 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

Level 9

of39lw.jpg

Does anyone know the way to Ganon? This is my map. I have master key and golden arrows.

Edit: Nevermind, I finished the quest...

Edited by Air Luigi, 14 February 2014 - 09:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users