Tileset

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#46 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:35 PM

All right guys. Today were my last finals, and some how, I'm already in summer break! :D (I officially leave school for 2 long months next friday, but practically, next week we aren't going to do much anymore, just social service to leave the school clean and all that). 

Anyway, I have made progress today, I just need to add 7 more pages of the overworld section over to the Combo Table and it will be ready for the beta I have been mentioning. So, if everything goes as planned, the beta might be ready next week :D As a small note, I'll also start carving my overworld for Hylian Legacy, so you can expect some progress on Summer Vacations from me! :D

• judasrising, Shane, Jared and 1 other like this

#47 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:05 PM

Good news is good! :D

• Demonlink likes this

#48 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:26 PM

All right guys. Today were my last finals, and some how, I'm already in summer break! :D (I officially leave school for 2 long months next friday, but practically, next week we aren't going to do much anymore, just social service to leave the school clean and all that). 

Anyway, I have made progress today, I just need to add 7 more pages of the overworld section over to the Combo Table and it will be ready for the beta I have been mentioning. So, if everything goes as planned, the beta might be ready next week :D As a small note, I'll also start carving my overworld for Hylian Legacy, so you can expect some progress on Summer Vacations from me! :D

Hi Demonlink

Thanks for the info , very nice to read that progress is made in Hybrid file :bounce:

#49 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:04 PM

Well, progress is going good! :D I'll leave this right here so you can expect to have some fine looking tiles as well! :D (Credits go to Migokalle for his awesome tiles!) As said, if everything goes well, I might have the beta ready this week ;)

Spoiler

• judasrising likes this

#50 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:32 AM

Well, progress is going good! :D I'll leave this right here so you can expect to have some fine looking tiles as well! :D (Credits go to Migokalle for his awesome tiles!) As said, if everything goes well, I might have the beta ready this week ;)

Spoiler

Love it. Love everything about it. Keep it up! I'll certainly be using this :D

#51 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

Quick question guys, would you prefer your NPCs to be before the dungeon tile pages (thus, them being before the dungeon combo table) or would you rather have them at the end after the Dungeon stuff? (I'd appreciate a quick reply ;) )

#52 DragonDePlatino

DragonDePlatino

Pixel Dragon

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

It depends on which you have more of. If you have more dungeon tiles (which I assume is true) then put them after the NPCs. That'll make it so there are less pages to go through.

Edited by DragonDePlatino, 10 June 2014 - 07:23 PM.

#53 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

True. So I guess I'll be adding them after the Overworld stuff :D

#54 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

True. So I guess I'll be adding them after the Overworld stuff :D

Question. What NPC's are you going with?

EDIT: By that, I mean can you show us what NPC's you plan to implement?

Edited by Master Maniac, 10 June 2014 - 07:56 PM.

#55 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

Question. What NPC's are you going with?

EDIT: By that, I mean can you show us what NPC's you plan to implement?

Well, it would be the default Oracle GB NPCs plus a few new ones recolored. i haven't found any other new type of NPCs to replace them and I don't have time to recolor the ones that Lemon gave me :/ (It's sad, I know XD )

#56 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:10 PM

Well, it would be the default Oracle GB NPCs plus a few new ones recolored. i haven't found any other new type of NPCs to replace them and I don't have time to recolor the ones that Lemon gave me :/ (It's sad, I know XD )

Well, i seem to have a bit of free time. If you'd like, I can try my hand at recoloring them.

I've been thinking about making a few NPC spritesheets anyway (likely some 2-tile high ones). Was thinking of doing Chrono Trigger rips for it.

• Demonlink likes this

#57 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:14 PM

Well, i seem to have a bit of free time. If you'd like, I can try my hand at recoloring them.

I've been thinking about making a few NPC spritesheets anyway (likely some 2-tile high ones). Was thinking of doing Chrono Trigger rips for it.

That's very generous of you to offer yourself! :D You can go for it if you want! But of 2 tile high sprites? Hmmmm, I think 16x16 would be nice enough, since comparing it between enemies and the Links, well, they would look... awkward. Although, they could serve as some extras tiles! :D But again, thanks man! I really appreciate your help!

EDIT: By awkward, I mean out of place since they would look too big ;)

Edited by Demonlink, 10 June 2014 - 08:16 PM.

#58 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

Well, the 2-tile sprites would be for quests that use large enemies and such. Link is also a child in most quests, so a small Link and large NPC's makes sense to me. And from there, if the creator wants to have some large enemies as well, more power to them.

Anyway, send me the sprites and I'll give it a go. Personally I'd like to see some more detailed stuff than the GB style sprites anyway.

• Demonlink and coolgamer012345 like this

#59 DragonDePlatino

DragonDePlatino

Pixel Dragon

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:21 PM

Oh, and as long as the conversation has drifted to 2-tall NPCs not fitting in with Link, I'd like to plug a little database entry I did a while ago. It doesn't have the shields added yet, but I think it'd be a nice addition for Hybrid if it had them. :D

#60 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:38 PM

Oh yeah, right! :D Yeah, it would be a great contribution but it's missing the shields. :/ Nonetheless, it's great work from a great artist ;)

• DragonDePlatino likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tileset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users