Summer 2012 Contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

#16 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:58 AM

Just do it, Lightwulf. I can't start on it until the 7th due to other priorities, but that won't stop me from trying to make something simple and fun to throw into the mix.

#17 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:20 AM

I decided to drop out my possible entry in favor of a much more bigger and darker (and more secretive!) project.

#18 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

Okay.

Question: I have a certain segment from an existing quest, which serves as a connection between two segments of land on the overworld, that I'd like to use for the "cave network" requirement. I would like to just make a copy of the quest and delete everthing (meaning all other maps and screens in the quest) besides this certain segment. Is that against the rules?

#19 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

If the content was created before the 1st then it's probably not cool. I think the idea is to make things fresh

#20 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

Okay. That would make sense. I'll make it fresh then.

#21 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

I'm glad to see people are coming together and developing for this event. I do intend to host another in the future, most likely in the winter. Keep up the good work

#22 Purplemandown

Purplemandown

The Old Guard

• Members

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

Another question:

Is everyone's entry due ON the 14th or BY the 14th? And by that, can I get a time/timezone/date on which the entry is due to be PMed?

Just so I can plan this out, if you will. Not that I'll need all that time to finish, mostly to polish. I've been able to do 2 dungeons a day, working at it for about 7 hours a day (seeing as I'm only busy on the weekends now, with school being done with and me only working on the weekends)

Anyhow, if I could get a specific deadline, that'd be great.

#23 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

Submit by June 14th, 11:59 P.M your time.

#24 Purplemandown

Purplemandown

The Old Guard

• Members

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

Alright, that clears it up. Thanks.

#25 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

I was planning on entering a quest for this contest, but it turned out as a completely different styled quest, that does not have an "overworld" or a "dungeon". So I can't enter..

Looking forward to this contest anyways. Can't wait to try out all these quests icon_biggrin.gif

#26 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

just wondering if it is too late to participate, or as long as i get my entry in on time will it count?

#27 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE(Nightmeres @ Jun 4 2012, 04:57 PM) View Post

just wondering if it is too late to participate, or as long as i get my entry in on time will it count?

It's not too late until the deadline comes, but do you really think you should be cutting it this close? Your entry would end up really buggy, near unplayable even. It would probably be best to do what I'm doing and opt out.

#28 Purplemandown

Purplemandown

The Old Guard

• Members

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

It's not too late until the deadline comes, but do you really think you should be cutting it this close? Your entry would end up really buggy, near unplayable even. It would probably be best to do what I'm doing and opt out.

No offense, but how could you possibly know how his quest would turn out? You don't know for a fact that it would be riddled with bugs or whatnot. Granted, some bugs will occur, but the same is true for all of the quests, not just his. And the rest of us are going for it. Who knows, he might have as much free time to do this as me, I mean, it's been what, 3 days now, and I'm almost done. Just half of level 3 and the full final level left to do (and the extras), and I'm on to testing it.

So do what you want, if you feel you have time left, go for it.

#29 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

It's June 4th Moosh. He still has 10 days. That is plenty of time

Edited by Marco, 04 June 2012 - 11:09 PM.

#30 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

i will enter and i will finish in-time icon_glare.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users