Any dungeon tutorial's out there?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Aaron1046

Aaron1046

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:49 PM

Hey there! Before i start questing again(wen the new dor comes out) I wanna know how to make a dungeon! snec i never made 1 yet..
Well.. is there a dungeon tutorial you know that can help?
Would be great if it was a DOR dungeon tutorial! icon_biggrin.gif
So please post any dungeon tutorial that can help!
Thx!

#2 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:24 PM

Uhm... In fact, making dungeons is your own creativity... You REALLY can go extreme and invest new ideas into your quest. You don't have to enter the dungeon from south, you can place the boss outside of the dungeon, you can give more than one dungeon items...

There is an "Alphadawg's tutorial" somewhere, but I don't like it, because as I said, making a dungeon should be on your own creativity, plus that dungeon which you make following that tutorial isn't fun or unique...

So, the best "tutorial" is if you keep playing quests and see the dungeons in them. You can mime the style of an official game, too. If you play quests, try story type quests with freeform dungeons.

Then make up an unique theme and start building your dungeon. There are more than one questmakers whos could make an unique dungeon for their first try.

#3 Aaron1046

Aaron1046

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:53 PM

Well.. what i mean is how to set it up, like wen i try to make 1, the walls don't look well and that, i just cant get it right

#4 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Oct 25 2007, 03:24 PM) View Post

Uhm... In fact, making dungeons is your own creativity... You REALLY can go extreme and invest new ideas into your quest. You don't have to enter the dungeon from south, you can place the boss outside of the dungeon, you can give more than one dungeon items...

There is an "Alphadawg's tutorial" somewhere, but I don't like it, because as I said, making a dungeon should be on your own creativity, plus that dungeon which you make following that tutorial isn't fun or unique...

So, the best "tutorial" is if you keep playing quests and see the dungeons in them. You can mime the style of an official game, too. If you play quests, try story type quests with freeform dungeons.

Then make up an unique theme and start building your dungeon. There are more than one questmakers whos could make an unique dungeon for their first try.

By the sound of it, I believe Aaron means he wants to know how to start, set it up, use secrets... the basics, not how to make an awesome dungeon. Your advice works once you get the hang of Zquest. icon_wink.gif

Alphadawg's tutorial can be found here, and that should get you started.

Edited by Link75, 26 October 2007 - 06:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users