Importing Graphics

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:46 PM

I haven't kept up with the latest betas much. But I remember that if I were to take screenshots from games I played on my emulators and tried to import them into ZC, I'd have to recolor them all. Now that there is a 256 color mode that is usually independent of palettes and csets, is it possible to import directly as '256 color' tiles into ZC and not mess with recoloring them at all? Or has the latest betas introduced an easier way to do something like this? I'd like to make my own tileset to use but would rather forgoe the massive re-coloring it would require knowing that there is a 256 color mode that'd probably handle the tiles just well.

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 21 October 2007 - 12:54 PM.

#2 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:52 PM

Or has the latest betas introduced an easier way to do something like this?

I think the new beta's have a "recolour mode"by pressing the R key on your keyboard but i
havnt tried this myself my computer runs the beta's so slowly thats why i use them for just playing
quests.i hope the final version of 2.50 isnt slow.

#3 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 22 October 2007 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Oct 21 2007, 11:46 AM) View Post

I haven't kept up with the latest betas much. But I remember that if I were to take screenshots from games I played on my emulators and tried to import them into ZC, I'd have to recolor them all. Now that there is a 256 color mode that is usually independent of palettes and csets, is it possible to import directly as '256 color' tiles into ZC and not mess with recoloring them at all? Or has the latest betas introduced an easier way to do something like this? I'd like to make my own tileset to use but would rather forgoe the massive re-coloring it would require knowing that there is a 256 color mode that'd probably handle the tiles just well.

There absolutely is. icon_wink.gif

What you want is the "leech" command.

A few points about leeching 8-bit graphics:

I don't believe you can use lv. palletes for leech. (I could be wrong though)
Ideal pics for leech are no more than 320 pixels in width. Height is no problem.
If you have a large .bmp or .png it is preferable to use another program beforehand to split it into "rows" of 320xwhatever. Also it is beneficail usually to reduce the colors of ps or gba graphics by a small percent beforehand. ANything with uber colors obviously.

Hope this helps.

#4 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 22 October 2007 - 06:02 AM

was acually going to use SNES ripped graphics actually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users