Enemies appear ONLY ONCE

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 20 October 2007 - 12:35 PM

Is there an option which an enemy only appears once?
Like, you see the enemy, its there always, until you kill it. Once you kill it, bam, it's gone forever.
Is there an option to do that?

I tried using the "Boss" option in the enemy custom menu thingy, but..... it doesn't work.

#2 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 20 October 2007 - 12:55 PM

The boss option should work, though once you kill one boss enemy, every boss in the whole level disappears.

If the boss flag is set and the enemy keeps reappearing, then you're either using level 9 or there's a bug in the build.

#3 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 20 October 2007 - 01:27 PM

ehjh, dam, It's on an overworld and well, i only want it to appear once, and it's everywhere, I mean,....

Let's say it's a Heart Container Monsters, there are 5 in the overworld (this is an example) Once you kill em they drop a heart container, but they can't come back to life. (by leaving the screen, or quitting the game and playing it again)

So yeah.

I guess there isn't anything like that huh.

#4 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 20 October 2007 - 03:47 PM

Funny you should ask... I recently found a rather roundabout way of doing it.

Here's how: make "no enemies" flags (or combos) appear all over the screen. For enemies that can't spawn on walls, you only need to blanket the walkable area.

Here's what happens: ZC tries to place enemies on the screen by going through all the combos in order. When it can't find any valid place to put them, it ends the process with no enemies at all. icon_smile.gif

(Yes, this will trigger "Enemies -> Secret," but I don't think you will find the fact very useful)

#5 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 20 October 2007 - 05:27 PM

But then the enemy wouldn't appear in the first place...

#6 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Oct 20 2007, 03:27 PM) View Post

But then the enemy wouldn't appear in the first place...

That's why you use secret combos with flags on them to change the room into this state. After setting secret combos and secret flags, you turn on the screen flag "Permanent Enemies -> Secret," thus giving the criteria needed to prevent enemies from spawning again (defeating them, naturally).

If you don't have ""Permanent Enemies -> Secret" in your version of ZQuest, then just use a normal "Enemies -> Secret," and make permanent floor triggers appear. That should do the trick, I think.

#7 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 October 2007 - 02:38 AM

Or you could make duplicate overworld dmaps, with level numbers that you aren't going to use anywhere else, and put the enemies with the boss flag checked there, that should work.

#8 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Oct 21 2007, 12:38 AM) View Post

Or you could make duplicate overworld dmaps, with level numbers that you aren't going to use anywhere else, and put the enemies with the boss flag checked there, that should work.

This would work, but if you used the same method in a dungeon, the map draw feature would start to look REALLY ugly.

EDIT:

It just occurred to me that the boss flag method shouldn't work if you aren't setting a level number other than 0 on your overworld DMap (it can still be "overworld" type, it just can't be level 0). The problem there is that certain attributes come along with a level number... the most noticeable being that the whirlwind won't come when you blow the Whistle.

#9 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:24 PM

I'm not going to use the whistle in my quest O.o

#10 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 21 October 2007 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE(NineLives @ Oct 21 2007, 11:24 AM) View Post